Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart English Release

Antera

It's the first thing I heard about this VN since they randomly handed out some flyers at a convention that mentioned an English release.

Afterwards it was just silence.

I guess this VN is getting a translation after all.

EDIT:

Just skimmed through the page but this is a gem. ^^

GENRE Timid yet brave, bashful yet bold... There's no logic to matters of the heart

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

A few recommendations based on the writing style... the narration portion is voiced to an extent, and it is presented in a way similar to a fairy tale would be.  To me, this was an irritant, but if you are fine with that kind of thing, there isn't much to recommend against the game.

40 minutes ago, Clephas said:

A few recommendations based on the writing style... the narration portion is voiced to an extent, and it is presented in a way similar to a fairy tale would be.  To me, this was an irritant, but if you are fine with that kind of thing, there isn't much to recommend against the game.

Day 1 buy for me if TL is OK level and has 18+ version 

1 hour ago, Antera said:

Day 1 buy for me if TL is OK level and has 18+ version 

Well, bad news for your wallet.  Judging by the site and the fliers they handed out when they originally announced the English translation, the translation is gonna be top notch!  Such gems as, "Once upon a time, mother passing away," and "Some people think she’s kind of a plastic" inspire such confidence in the TL staff, and give the reader a taste of the stunning prose that's sure to follow.  One can clearly see that this VN is in the most capable of hands :sachi:

33 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Well, bad news for your wallet.  Judging by the site and the fliers they handed out when they originally announced the English translation, the translation is gonna be top notch!  Such gems as, "Once upon a time, mother passing away," and "Some people think she’s kind of a plastic" inspire such confidence in the TL staff, and give the reader a taste of the stunning prose that's sure to follow.  One can clearly see that this VN is in the most capable of hands :sachi:

Is there way to make them know that this type of TL will tank hard. It will be more profitable if they partner with any of this four (Mangagamer, Sol, Neko or Jast) or Hire professional TL & Editors from English scen 

Just now, Antera said:

Is there way to make them know that this type of TL will tank hard. It will be more profitable if they partner with any of this four (Mangagamer, Sol, Neko or Jast) or Hire professional TL & Editors from English scen 

I doubt it, honestly.  They seem pretty set on publishing the English TL themselves.  They've had over two years to mull things over, and this appears to be their decision.

You could try emailing them, but I doubt that will change their minds, and there's a pretty decent chance whoever reads your email won't speak English.  All you can really do is refuse to buy it, and tell everyone that you know might be interested in it to stay away.  The best case scenario is that the game tanks, and Harukaze thinks there's no money in the west and loses interest, never butchering a VN this badly again.

Can I just cry? 

Seriously, I waited so long! It is my lovely Nora!

But... Even if English isn't my first language... I can't understand anything from the description on site.

I wanna cry. Please, wake me up and say it's a dream. I don't want Noratoto to be like... SakuraGame or MoeNovel.

It is terrible. Let's pray that it is just promo materials, which Harukaze translated themselves... And the game is good... I just remember Moonstone with Love Sweets, when they got opinions, then we never hear anything from them about that game for already two years?

;( I am just... Ah. Why Harukaze don't want to share their profit with Mangagamer, Sol Press, Nekonyan?.. Agh... I'm feeling down...

19 hours ago, Antera said:

I just found they made English version of site Link .

What an eerie experience, seeing this kind of professional-looking site filled with MTL-level gibberish. They couldn't even announce the Steam page going up in a grammatically-correct way. :vinty:

Shortsighted greed is really my favourite feature of mankind. Thankfully, one that will solve itself soon enough through global warming, pollution etc. ^^

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

4 minutes ago, Antera said:

Well I wrote them mail but I doubt they would give a dame... 

honestly why would they, now that work is done on the game itself & them high school students got paid for translating it. shame it´s going to be in japanized english.... on the bright side they didn´t pay as much as mikandi, yet basically got the same result, on the other hand given how much noratoto earned them, they easily could´ve afforded hiring some real professionals *sigh

Edited by SaintOfVoid

4 minutes ago, Swim Swim said:

ruined by an ALL AGES Machine translation!!!

You highligted wrong part ;) "All-ages" isn't end of the world, if done skillfully, but when translation is horrible, even h-scenes won't save it :P Or does it have so high amount of H that there's almost nothing left without it?

Edited by adamstan

24 minutes ago, adamstan said:

You highligted wrong part ;) "All-ages" isn't end of the world, if done skillfully, but when translation is horrible, even h-scenes won't save it :P Or does it have so high amount of H that there's almost nothing left without it?

The problem with this VN is that according to what I heard... it has a bunch of jokes. And from my experience on this, this kind of VNs are hardest to translate because you would actually have to rewrite jokes for the English audience. In other words, you need a higher sklilled TL for comedy VNs with lots of jokes. Not even a mediocre TL who sucks at writing can do it decently, much less to speak of a poor MTL, or a Japanese speaker trying to TL Japanese jokes into English. Just take a look at what TBAC is doing with Sankaku Renai, and you'll see what I mean. All people who read Noratoto in JP seem to be very fond of the jokes and characters. So yeah... whatever Harukaze comes out with most likely will not be what you would experience by reading it in JP.

Yeah, everything points to the steam-only release so no 18+ in sight. It's possible they were waiting for the japanese PS4-ver. to use its assets so that's why it got delayed for so long? Maybe? I'm also ready to see that "sony enhanced" art too, they didn't redraw all those panty-shots for nothing. :makina: