What are you playing?

3 hours ago, bogdankl said:

I am starting to think that maybe... just maybe... H scenes can seriously ruin a VN

Reveal hidden contents

Seriously, after discovering one of the darkest and saddest backstories of a character in anything I ever read/saw/played we get sempai please make sweet lavulavu with me cuz I desire men... because I was raped over and over... It seriously fucked up <no pun intended> with one of the most emotionally engaging moments in my vn history

I like H scenes in a vn, I'll admit I'm probably a weirdo and a perv, but I don\t want them in the middle of an emotional scene, Whenever I think of a good way to implement H scenes in a non-nukige vn I actually think of Amane's route in the first grisaia novel, You do the H scenes and you do the silly stuff and then you do the seriously heavy and messed up shit that leaves you emotionally scared and awake at night

edit

Reveal hidden contents

BTW what kind of a fucking sherloc could tell that sakura and rin were sisters just by the color of ribbons from an old photo, or am I just that dam thick that these things just flew by me and I never noticed some other signs

This is one of those things I stand defiantly against the masses - people had the same gripe about Michuru's route near the end of GnK1. Sexuality IS a emotional experience, and some times it exists for comfort, and as a salve - not just pleasure and "fun".

For example - and it might be tmi for some, but it adds weight to my stance - my exs father had passed away, and after the funeral we celebrated his life with a small party. Once everyone had left, she asked me to stay the night. Not because she was tastelessly hot and ready - but because she wanted comfort that words could not express.

That aside, replying to your post prior to that: Shame on you for looking up spoilers :P Still, hope you end up enjoying HF. It's by far my favorite arc. I personally feel it builds up to a satisfying, emotional conclusion. (Sakura is not my favorite girl (though I also don't hate her like some do), but her story is by far the best). :sachi:

I wouldn't worry too much about Fate Hollow being too dark - it does have its moments, but it has a lot of laughs mixed in too.

10 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

This is one of those things I stand defiantly against the masses - people had the same gripe about Michuru's route near the end of GnK1. Sexuality IS a emotional experience, and some times it exists for comfort, and as a salve - not just pleasure and "fun".

For example - and it might be tmi for some, but it adds weight to my stance - my exs father had passed away, and after the funeral we celebrated his life with a small party. Once everyone had left, she asked me to stay the night. Not because she was tastelessly hot and ready - but because she wanted comfort that words could not express.

I know what you mean, but things change if rape is involved, especially in strong cases of abuse. A traumatized victim might not consider that kind of initimacy as comforting anymore, but as pure horror instead. That doesn't mean it's not possible, but the writer has to consider the situation and the feelings of the victim very good when he writes the scene. A cheap H-scene that was just thrown in for 'fun' can appear extremely tasteless and off-putting.

@ChaosRavenShould use a spoiler tag on that, just in case~

That's presuming it was thrown in for "fun". Only Nasu's Sakura - and a real victim - can know that for certain (and even then, I'd imagine the topic depends on each individual - some are likely to react differently than others.) Some may think of the encounter as a chance to wipe away the bad memory with a good one (imprinting), as opposed to viewing the act as a terrible reminder.

Do we treat such people differently and carefully? So that they feel singled out? Or do we treat them like we would have normally? It's a really tough call with trauma - some really do need to be handled with care - but some also can't stand the idea of being treated/looked at differently ("with kids gloves" as some would say).

Huh, this discussion actually reminds me of EF - have you read it?

But, I get where you are coming from though. However, Sakura wanted to be with the one she trusts and loves - it's not like she just walked up to a random stranger and asked for sex - or that she was taken advantage of by Shirou. it's ultimately a proactive decision involving a trustworthy partner.

A final note I thought to add - Sakura feels unworthy of Shirou in this particular situation, she feels tainted and ashamed. I feel that him being with her took some of that burden off her heart and mind - that the man she loves was still attracted to her, and willing to be with her despite what she thinks of herself - and what she's been through. it likely wipes away at least some of her insecurity.

Continuing my adventures through Hayarigami. The second case was a pleasant surprise - it was way more complex than the first one, and I actually got the culprit wrong at first, which was fun. Even after finishing the case, I still have no idea how to explain quite a lot of things that happened - there was a point near the beginning where you want to take a scientific approach or an occult one, and I suppose my denial of occult just isn't going to cut it. :pyaa:

Other than that I'm continuing Mahoyo. It's still amazing, just couldn't recommend it to anyone who dislikes SoL - the great majority of the VN is just that, and the chuuni parts are actually really rare. still, the character interactions are great, so I can't complain. I'm around 80% through that VN, lets see where that goes.

Went back to Seisai no Resonance after finding out the Koiken Otome patch won't come out quite yet.

I'm loving this game. Almost done with the Nagi route now, which has been amazing. Nagi x Kanae is pretty much my favorite yuri pairing of all time.

Hopefully the other routes are equally good, though I have a feeling they might not be. Even if they aren't though, the game has pretty much been worth it just for Nagi.

One thing that is a bit strange about this game is the gameplay, which doesn't feel that necessary at all to me, but hey, it's fun every now and then I guess.

This Nagi CG is so pretty :kosame: (No major spoilers btw)

dYTf1Ek.png

10 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Went back to Seisai no Resonance after finding out the Koiken Otome patch won't come out quite yet.

One thing that is a bit strange about this game is the gameplay, which doesn't feel that necessary at all to me, but hey, it's fun every now and then I guess.

I tried Tentacle Lord from the same company.  The gameplay quickly bored me and I pretty much lost interest.

1 minute ago, sanahtlig said:

I tried Tentacle Lord from the same company.  The gameplay quickly bored me and I pretty much lost interest.

It feels pretty out of place to be honest. It's not bad or anything, but it's just kind of randomly there.

It's quite easy and the fights are quite uncommon, so you can pretty much ignore it in this game. (Though if you come for the gameplay, that would be a bit of a negative point in itself.)

Guess they like putting gameplay in their games even though there isn't much of a need for it :sacchan: 

Life With A Slave -Teaching Feeling-. It's very sweet, but I must admit is a bit annoying/boring that you don't even know how to advance. Or rather, that you don't even know when it'll happen. It's repeated filler after filler, and then 1 short scene that's very nice. Kinda makes me wonder if it is worth to keep playing.

Also playing Club Life. Kinda disappointment that they force you to start playing nice on the tennis club route. You can be a resentful ass to the girl, who very much deserves your hate as far as I can infer from the story and context. But around the 3rd / 4th choice, the game suddenly forces you to choose between 2 dialogues that are very mellow and friendly, which is super weird and off. A lost opportunity to have an interesting route where you genuinely hate the heroine until things start to change, instead of this radical 180º.

Obviously in regard of Kikokugai there some people who prefer old version and some people who prefer remake version. As for mine, I prefer remake version, if for seiyuu only (I mean it's like there's some all star cast there). By the way, since the remake was had explicit content censored (For CG only), I think if JAST want to release Kikokugai in Steam, the remake was great choice here. Although it's depend on Nitroplus though.

PS - The remake was already available for more than a year iirc, and I'd find the translation project (More like 'inserting translation to remake' project though) in this site.

Cyber Slayer's pretty entertaining. It's a standard "avenge my loved one" type of deal set in a dark and gloomy futuristic cybernetic world full of mechanically augmented cyborgs and sexbots dubbed "gynoids" where the protagonist Taolou goes on a one-man-army mission to 1v1 all five of the big baddies of a criminal organization that wronged him, all while being accompanied by a cute lil' robot gal that's obviously deeply connected with the plot.

I'm about two baddies in; so far the action scenes are lackluster since he just steamrolls them but I'll bet the late game cronies will be more interesting.

RE: classic vs. remake

Remake has modernized aka moeified artwork, an aesthetic that diehard traditionalists like Vorathiel will obviously despise in their neverending pursuit for elitist qualityisms. I on the otherhand obviously glorify it.

And there's voices. Everybody likes their visual novels being voiced,,, right?????

0e28ke0.png (890×396)

Over the last few days, I finished...

...Chain: the Lost Footprints : I'm a fan of detective/murder stories. Alas, it was so....disappointing (all the trouble I had to resolve serious sound problems was...a waste of my precious time). Indeed, the characters are too bland, the story is botched (too bad because some elements, some passages are great) and the H-scenes are hilariously bad (again, it's a pity because the idea of animated scenes was cool).

6,5/10

...VA-11 HALL-A : My second finished OELVN is a precious gem. This bartender experience was so endearing, so smart (I loved the alternation between very funny scenes and serious topics)...so addictive (but the fact I'm a sucker for dystopian settings and/or cyberpunk stories really helped). I think this surprising VN will enter in my TOP 20 !!! Seriously, buy it, steal it, play it, finish it ! NOW !

Edit : And maybe Dorothy will join my TOP 20 Characters :wahaha:

9/10

Spoiler

1468305820-20160710101202-1.jpg

1468305820-20160711061318-1.jpg

1468305817-20160712054448-1.jpg

Edited by Canicheslayer

Finsihed maijkoi A-1, had a lot of fun reading it.
Still kind of sad we dont get a full sisters sandwich scene, could have been fun to watch. But more importantly why waste a cg on a 2 line scene?

Will be putting Grisaia on hold until the 18+ version comes out and then play that one.

So for now i will be continuing my playthrough of seinakura while praying that this one does not have the crappy ending the first game had.

I just finished Homeless Joshi Gakusei and I have mixed feelings. On one hand, the art is nice, the atmosphere is depressing (as it should be in an utsuge), and the presentation was really interesting. It felt less like reading a book and more like reading a poem, if that makes any sense. On the other, it was a bit too extreme and over the top at times for me to take it seriously, and it was lacking in "meat"

Spoiler

No pun intended. Apart from entertaining me for an hour, it didn't feel like I got a whole lot out of it. I also felt like the rape scenes were too frequent. I don't inherently have a problem with them, but for there to be that many in that short amount of time, I really felt that it broke the flow more than a little. 

In spite of all of that, it was depressing and I was never bored. If you like utsuge and have an hour to spend, it might be worth it, but apart from that, there are better things that you could be reading. 

Either tonight or tomorrow I'm starting Ayakashibito, which I'm quite looking forward to. I'm also working through Fata Morgana's fandisc in Japanese. It's was initially quite difficult, but the first game gives context and I've gotten more accustomed to the sentence structure, so I'm managing. I'm desperate enough for more Fata that it's more than worth the effort, which is nice since normally I have trouble motivating myself to get through Japanese VNs :sachi:.

Finished Cyber Slayer

It's a great short VN ^_^

Battle scenes were aight, the first two baddies were typical fodder, but it gets a bit more thrilling and high-stakes for the last of them, naturally.

I really enjoyed the moral implications of what really makes someone "human" in this world full of cybernetic enhancements and how it was applied to Taolou and his beloved Riuli.

The best parts of the VN for me as a character-centric pleb were the downtime in between fights. That's when you really get to feel for Taolou as he realizes his time is limited and his body starts to fail from all of the fighting, but he continues pushing himself regardless in a typical "I can only die once I fulfill my goal" fashion, only keeping himself sane and finding solace in watching his cute lil' gynoid develop. :P 

SkH4Cxa.jpg (800×593)

8/10, read it!