What are you playing?

5 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Well I finally got some playing time this weekend, and went through Raziel's route in Tokyo Babel. I very much enjoyed it.

The game is very ... unique, with it's crazy fighting scenes all over the place.

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, killing God with bunker busters?

Defeating one of the most powerful angels in existence with an AK-47?

Eating God with a metal dragon?!?!?!

Dafuq is going on?! :wahaha:

It is nothing like anything I have ever read before, but one thing is for sure: it is very entertaining. I like the dark and grim setting, though the funny slice of life elements feel a little out of place. I mean, I love them, they are hilarious, but considering how dark and gloomy the game really is during its core story, it feels a bit weird.

Anyways, think I'm going to read the Sorami route next, then Lillith. EDIT: Just found out, I HAVE to... :wahaha: 

(This game really needs H-scenes.)

Glad you are enjoying it :)

Though I myself don't really get how people can find the mix so jarring - no one said a comedic VN had to be nothing but comedy, or a drama nothing but drama, or- (etc) I think mixing it up is what keeps the tone fresh, last thing you want is grimdark the whoooooole time, start to finish - right? At least, I'd get sick of it. :sachi:

Did you read Raz's bad end as well? It's really well done.

45 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Though I myself don't really get how people can find the mix so jarring - no one said a comedic VN had to be nothing but comedy, or a drama nothing but drama, or- (etc) I think mixing it up is what keeps the tone fresh, last thing you want is grimdark the whoooooole time, start to finish - right? At least, I'd get sick of it. :sachi:

The mix is jarring, I mean you go into the Second Stratum and it's all eerie and you just barely avoid getting mass spiked to death, then Lilith & Sorami's all like, "EYYYYY, THERE'S A MAID CAFE, LET'S GOOO :heart::heart::heart:~~~"

Nevertheless, this combination is indeed what makes Tokyo Babel so charming imo ^_^ 

Meh, consider it a stretch - but Liilith and Raz are a demon and angel, I doubt they'd be fazed by such sights - after all - they have witnessed countless atrocities across time~ Desensitisation is bound to happen to anyone after a vast length of exposure. Esp. if you know the lore and origin to Lilith, and what is written about what she went through (according to research anyway). The fact she jokes at everything makes sense, because nothing really matters to her.

As for Sorami-

Spoiler

She's not really affected by anything, and even they question why - but it makes sense once you know (spoiler)~

That said, people are just too rigid - should learn to just go with the flow :Kappa:

4 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Glad you are enjoying it :)

Did you read Raz's bad end as well? It's really well done.

That is true.

I find it very enjoyable, it's jut that the mix of super fun and super serious kind of seem a bit out of place. I have to agree that if the humor wasn't there, the game would be a lot less entertaining. 

I have not gotten her bad ending yet, no. Wasn't sure what kind of bad end this game has, and bad endings are usually never my priority. Guess I'll get that one too, if it's good. 

4 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Meh, consider it a stretch - but Liilith and Raz are a demon and angel, I doubt they'd be fazed by such sights - after all - they have witnessed countless atrocities across time~ Desensitisation is bound to happen to anyone after a vast length of exposure. Esp. if you know the lore and origin to Lilith, and what is written about what she went through (according to research anyway). The fact she jokes at everything makes sense, because nothing really matters to her.

The problem isn't that there is humour, but the 'type' of humour. Even the Kara no Shoujo series has humour, just more composed and cynical.

I don't think 'silly school girl' humour fits to a demon or angel who faced countless atrocities over time.

8 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

The problem isn't that there is humour, but the 'type' of humour. Even the Kara no Shoujo series has humour, just more composed and cynical.

I don't think 'silly school girl' humour fits to a demon or angel who faced countless atrocities over time.

You need to get BANG'ed by Lilith >:c and no that's not a sexual comment :nervous:

~~

Since I'm playing Trails of Cold Steel on the side I can't afford to read something as long as Aselia the Eternal

SO!!!

We're going Fata Morgana :sachi:

I'm gonna go into this super critical closeminded hater hipster high expectation judgmental style given all the hype 

Try to juggle Yumina and Fata Morgana this time. Yumina was for VN Reading Club (I'll give my comment on chapter 2 later in respective Reading Club thread), while I'd also try Fata Morgana and it's quite interesting indeed (And I'd already getting used to the art).

For Fata Morgana, in case you want moe character, I think Pauline will fulfill your wish (My favorite character design was Pauline by the way). As for my impression, about story for first door we had some clueless (Usual VN MC syndrome) young noble (Mell) who fall in love with white haired girl (And also we had Mell's younger sister (Nellie) who slightly attached to Mell), while for second door we had some beast who learn to disguise itself as human and Pauline who searching about her lost lover. Well, I think that's all for my comment this time.

1 hour ago, Eclipsed said:

You need to get BANG'ed by Lilith >:c and no that's not a sexual comment :nervous:

~~

Since I'm playing Trails of Cold Steel on the side I can't afford to read something as long as Aselia the Eternal

SO!!!

We're going Fata Morgana :sachi:

I'm gonna go into this super critical closeminded hater hipster high expectation judgmental style given all the hype 

:pyaa: Does this mean our race is off?! :pyaa:

(I still have a few weeks before my break starts :komari: )

Ohh! Does that mean you forfeit? :holo: Did I win by default? Am I the best ever? I think I am :holo:

14 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

I'm you from the future, remember? :wafuu:

:pyaa:

Answer me this! Will I ever be able to grow a mustache? :kosame:

Well we can find some other game to play if you still want to do a race later :sacchan:

My break starts like ... the 24th or something.

I'll destroy you this time :holo:

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:12 AM, Arcadeotic said:

Chinami's route doesn't really succeed in the character-deparment imo, but the story and events are one of the best in the game for me.

The orgel was so good

Finished Chinami's route, and.. I feel like it was kind of incomplete.

Spoiler

I did like the backstory about their fathers, but what even happened in the end? They didn't show Chinami and You meeting Taiga and it just went right to the ending, WTF. And I wonder why You didn't think about meeting his father earlier.

I guess we found out that Ren is the shinigami in the urban legend, but poor Asuka still doesn't know crap, and Chinami just thought it was a dream when Ren told her that.

Overall I just didn't care much for the characters and thus the story, so it was just an okay route. Did like the interactions between Taiga and Ren however, that dame uchujin <3

4 hours ago, Barktooth said:

Finished Chinami's route, and.. I feel like it was kind of incomplete.

Hide contents

I did like the backstory about their fathers, but what even happened in the end? They didn't show Chinami and You meeting Taiga and it just went right to the ending, WTF. And I wonder why You didn't think about meeting his father earlier.

I guess we found out that Ren is the shinigami in the urban legend, but poor Asuka still doesn't know crap, and Chinami just thought it was a dream when Ren told her that.

Overall I just didn't care much for the characters and thus the story, so it was just an okay route. Did like the interactions between Taiga and Ren however, that dame uchujin <3

It was just an implied ending, you get those a lot. 

Also the thing with Asuka is resolved in the fandisk. 

5 hours ago, Chuee said:

It was just an implied ending, you get those a lot. 

Also the thing with Asuka is resolved in the fandisk. 

Yeah, not a huge fan of those kinds of endings.

Good to know about the fandisk, too bad the TL project for it is dead. Guess it's Japanese learning time!

I'm currently reading Ozmafia!! right now. I'm really digging the art and characters. The story seems interesting, there's a lot of routes and a lot of content. I'm planning on picking up The House in Fata Morgana during the Steam Sale. I might get G-Senjou no Maou too since a lot of people are recommending it to me. For now though,, my focus is on Ozmafia. I've heard a lot of good things about it so I'm pretty excited to play through all the routes.