Looking for a visual novel that isn’t about high school

ratboi

I haven’t read a visual novel in about 6 months, and that’s mainly because recently, I’ve found them to feel quite sameish and boring. I believe I’ve been reading too many visual novels about Japanese high school. So, if you would be so kind, could you please recommend some really good visual novels that aren’t based around the character going to high school, and have have an English patch/release? Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, adamstan said:

I was going to recommend Kazoku Keikaku, but I see you're playing it already.

From the ones I own and you haven't read, there's Eve:Burst Error, Enigma and Nocturnal Illusion.

Yeah I’ve been enjoying it so far; eve: burst error looks really good to me actually

Eden* .

* Nekopara (the most over the top cute moe game that doesn't have a high school setting xD)

Planetarian .

Sorcery Jokers . Has very few high school scenes, and is mostly about the over-arching plot. Has a lot of action.

* Muv-Luv Unlimited and Muv-Luv Alternative (though the military base does have classrooms).

The one "with the detective" mentioned above is Demonbane, and it's great.  There's also Littlewitch Romanesque, but depending on your taste for loli you may want to go with the Steam version.  Cartagra doesn't really feature a high school at all.  In Soul Link everybody's stranded on a space station (if you happened to have purchased it before it poofed).  Then there's 999 / VLR.  Eve Burst Error is old, so its translation is very iffy, but it's still great despite that and it's only $5.  Koihime Musou is a Three Kingdoms isekai.  Funbag Fantasy is a nukige with a plot that doesn't involve anything remotely like a high school.

Aselia the Eternal (except for the 1st hour or so)

Chusingura 46+1 (same as above)

Myth

Tomoyo After

edit: 428 (how could I forget it?)

Desire

Rance Saga

Duel Savior

Evenicle

Tears to Tiara I-II

Baldr Force

if we consider vns currently in translation:

Aiyoku no Eustia

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (past the prologue, dunno how long it is)

Damekoi

Edited by WinterfuryZX

• 3 weeks later...