Frontwing announces a new VN, Corona Blossoms, that will be released in the West before Japan

Zenophilious

6 minutes ago, Decay said:

If they're going to do h-scenes at all, they'll probably do them in both languages. It's more likely that there won't be h-scenes in any version at all.

Pretty much this.  They seem to be shifting towards all-ages so they can do western releases without any censorship, which is a little funny, looking at what they used to make before GnK.  Shitty nukige, shitty nukige everywhere.

If they're making this a "Steam-first" release, it's highly likely that either there won't be H-scenes, or they'll be throwaway scenes with no value purely to place a check in the feature checkbox for the JP market.  I can't say I'm thrilled at the prospect of JP eroge developers designing games for Steam release.

7 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Going by the general skepticism, it seems the VN community has yet to see any evidence that VN companies have the in-house staff to handle novel translations. Erm, yeah, we shall see ... I suppose.

I mean, why should we assume that they know what they're doing in terms of translating?  The little we've seen from Key wasn't too bad, from what I've heard, but all we've really seen so far from Frontwing is their English site, which was utter shit before people pointed it out to them, and a whole lot of promises.  They also thought that the ChiruChiru fan TL was good enough to sell, too, and we all know that while it wasn't bad, it wasn't that good, either.

2 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

No h-scenes Steam check

In-house translation team w. reassuring 'don't worry' comment check

White haired...cat ears?? check

HMmmm

I really want to know what else (if anything) is on this oddly-specific checklist of yours.

8 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Going by the general skepticism, it seems the VN community has yet to see any evidence that VN companies have the in-house staff to handle novel translations. Erm, yeah, we shall see ... I suppose.

The paying English-reading VN community has proved remarkably accepting of translation qualities ranging from not very good to terrible, so far, and not especially rewarding for notably higher-quality translations. Frankly, going with in-house staff that we should "not worry" about is very likely an economically sound decision, for companies with enough brand recognition to trade on (which I think Front Wing certainly has right now in the English-reading market).

I won't be holding my breath for this release. Official translations have been proven to be of questionable quality as of late. We'll see if this in-house translation team will actually make a good translation or not. Not like most of the community on Steam cares about translation quality.

So much hype for probably 5-10h all-ages nukige-quality without any h-scenes in it...

I wish they said (EVEN BEFORE JAPAN RELEASE!) for something like  Hatsumira or ISLAND, that would be something... These 2 are already huge VNs 30+ hours, they were Frontwing big releases for 2015/16 so really... We can't expect anything awesome...

• 1 month later...

Opening is up. Don't know about music, cause after 5 seconds of another generic moe-pop-rock-shit I turned sound off,
but it looks like moe-slice of life + mech story. Mechs are always welcome, but moe part is cringey.

And here is their webpage:
http://coroblo.com/en/index.html

Looks like Nanaka Mai is doing 'Hans Zimmerism' with her(his) CGs, and is copying of her previous work. (As always, there is a lot of similiar CGs between Grisaia and Pure/Innocent Girls.)

Spoiler

G5RkW9O.jpg
Slightly NSFW Makina CG (her first CG from first Grisaia):
http://i.imgur.com/iivFdV5.jpg