Frontwing announces a new VN, Corona Blossoms, that will be released in the West before Japan

Zenophilious

not motivated enough to create a new thread for this one, but maybee there should be made some general one, cause of the stuff they seemingly keep on churning out.
anyway, they´ve just announced to bring grisaias bonus episodes, done by their in-house tl-squad, over (like it or not :P) on steam in like +- one week from now on. so it´s enjoy(?), i guess...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/460160/

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Decay said:

I'm here to share some shocking news that will surprise you all: Corona Blossom will be crowdfunded.

:sachi:

think that´s been said right from the get go, though. albeit i´m pretty sure some, if not alot of people wont have noticed. (not talking about you here, sir)

edit. slightly confused about the campain, so it´s also for the jp-version or what? seems poverty became a thing now (maybee maintaining their fb page costs alot...)

Oh right, I must have missed or completely forgot that part. Well, it's starting in two days. 

Maybe it will be like Karakara, flex funding with the release guaranteed no matter what. Basically, a fancier pre-order campaign.

By the way, I'm quite shocking indeed. So much that I'm laugh ie not at all surprised since back there Frontwing also announce that they crowdfund Sharin localization. Anyway, at least Frontwing was learned from their publisher at Western (Sekai Project) to not using Kickstarter and using Indie Go Go in case the project will be failed (From failed BL zombie Indie Go Go (IGG), I'd knew that IGG allow extension for the funding period, unlike Kickstarter). Well, other than Frontwing take a lesson from Sekai, not much else that I could comment until 3 days later (When Corona Blossom IGG launched obviously).

24 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Anyway, at least Frontwing was learned from their publisher at Western (Sekai Project) to not using Kickstarter and using Indie Go Go in case the project will be failed (From failed BL zombie Indie Go Go (IGG), I'd knew that IGG allow extension for the funding period, unlike Kickstarter). Well, other than Frontwing take a lesson from Sekai, not much else that I could comment until 3 days later (When Corona Blossom IGG launched obviously).

there´s not fucking way in bloody fucked up hell this is going to bomb, not with it being an international campaign, not if they do come up with the right goodies, not if backing saves you awhole fucking lot of money instead of buying the game later on for the full price. that´s all regardless of actual quality.

edit. dont underestimate the pyaa-faction. dont.

It's weird that the Kickstarter looks so bland when the official website for it (which they link in the Kickstarter) is lovely and also dual-language: http://coroblo.com/en/index.html

Art book tier? Yes, please.

Anyway, I kicked it, or whatever snarky verb you should use for supporting an IndieGogo project.

Edit: After some reflection, I decided to buy myself a birthday present and up my pledge slightly.

Just checked the page and I saw the goal was quite low for a VN with 5 characters ie route (Maybe). Although looking at the seiyuu, maybe it's possible (Most of them started around 2010, except for Naruse Mia and Fujimori Yukina). I mean according to VNDB the seiyuu was had less than famous work, which compared back in KARAKARA they also had big eroge seiyuu name like Natsunoo Koori aka Taguchi Hiroko (Especially when factoring she was one of the seiyuu back at very popular Muv Luv franchise).

If we looking from the goal it's probably short VN just like KARAKARA. But if we looking from seiyuu work list, it's also possible that we might get medium length VN this time (According to one source, usually eroge seiyuu was paid based on the lines that they said. And usually more experienced eroge seiyuu ie work in many eroge was quite expensive. That's why I said with 30,000 goal and 3 experienced eroge seiyuu, KARAKARA will be probably short VN). But to see if we'll get short or medium length VN, might as well look for translation progress later ie if the jump was big it'll be probably short VN.

tldr - The goal maybe quite low (30,000) so we might get short VN. But looking from seiyuu work list based on VNDB list, it's possible that we'll get medium length VN. Oh and in regard of scenario writer, could any of Fuwanovel member here comment about his work because I could only see his work were average untranslated moege (Maybe). I'll keep my eye on this IGG for time being, and it's quite interesting that they'll release this August. Let's see it later.

2 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I'm expecting it to be short based on the intended price, more than based on the IndieGogo goal. They're using flexible funding anyway, so the VN is getting shipped one way or another. I expect this campaign is more about publicity than anything else.

pretty much this. goal is way too low for covering any possible costs of developement and since there´s a release date already, which isnt that much off in the future, it can be assumed this campaign is all about exposition/gaining awareness for them as a brand/upcoming publisher in the west, btw. as a means of evaluating out how much interest (in terms of potential buyership) there actually is in them trying to do so.

edit. @littleshogun nanaho yuhi co-did henshin, which is a pretty darn great accomplishment in itself. do you know how many gallons of bodyfluids that title in particular has caused to go waste? XD

So apparently it was for promotion, eh? Interesting strategy I suppose. And speaking about IGG, it was already at almost 20% ie 5,620 as for now with 26 backer. I think this situation would be good for now, although it might change though.

About the VN itself, I think there's still not much info for the story itself. What I mean is that the synopsis only said volume 1, so I did obviously speculate there will be volume 2 (And according to the game site it'll be 3 volume). My concern is will Frontwing release all 3 volume or release it one by one in the future, and we could only know about it later.

33 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

So apparently it was for promotion, eh? Interesting strategy I suppose. And speaking about IGG, it was already at almost 20% ie 5,620 as for now with 26 backer. I think this situation would be good for now, although it might change though.

We should consider that one crazy person bought a shikishi for a 4000$, so it's 29 bakers, 1'842$ without it. :P