What are you playing?

I just finished Tae's route in Akatsuki no Goei.

Cri ever tim.

Need... moar... Tae. 

I really have to resist the temptation to go to the fandisc right away. It'll bother me if I leave the first game unfinished though. o-o

If you don't mind spending a bit more time, going straight for the fandisc is something I'd actually recommend, since those routes there act more like epilogues. If you still haven't figured out who Kaito is (or rather, where he's from) though, it might contain spoilers within its prologue.

It is, it's this, specifically: https://vndb.org/r37226

edit: 19 chapters, that shit is way too bloated. Higurashi badly needs a "Director's Cut". A release where Ryukushi chops out all the fat and releases a "compact" definitive version. I have a feeling that would just be chapters 1-8, though (the original story). 

It seems silly to me to completely dismiss it just because it has so much content - after all, that is the entire point of this release, to gather everything Higurashi that has came out over the years and repackage it in a comfortable, edited and all-in-one game. Higurashi Matsuri/Kakera Asobi was already somewhat of a Director's Cut, since it had removed the original ending arc and replaced it with a new one, along with the whole choice system and overall polished structure that was carried over to Sui as well.The main story is still 8-9 arcs, the rest contains the backstory of characters that weren't explored, some new characters entirely, and interestingly enough, Umineko tie-ins exploring further the relationship between the two works and the reasons for characters appearing in both. Also, judging by the new prologue, I think it is safe to assume that Ryukishi has indeed went through it all to make sure it's a complete product, rather than just everything they could find mashed together in an hopeless attempt at a cash-grab.

In short, I would say this is the definitive version, and it should be the last one too. It's not like all the extra content costs money, the VN is still the same price as any other one, and that alone already should be commendable, in my opinion.

What, is that Higurashi with actual high quality art?  I look at VNDB and still only see their latest game is in 4:3 with low res art.  It bothers me that in 2012+ we are still getting VN's in 4:3, even from amateur groups considering 16:9 has surpassed 4:3 already.  Even moreso, I imagine that the people who are developing these are computer nerds themselves so they more than likely have at least some of the more modern equipment.  If it is 16:9 high quality art, Higurashi, I will be highly interested when it gets released in some form or another in english.

Yeah, it's a HD re-release of everything Higurashi that has came out so far + some new extra stuff, like a number of new tracks. Also the art is mostly just the PS2 one from Alchemist, but considering this also contains the arcs only present on the DS releases, quite some of the CGs are most likely either new or redrawn, possibly the new sprites too.

EDIT: The entire art actually seems to be either redrawn (there are new close-up sprites and CGs) or touched-up and edited, here's a comparison screen of Kakera Asobi and Sui.

Yeah, it's a HD re-release of everything Higurashi that has came out so far + some new extra stuff, like a number of new tracks. Also the art is mostly just the PS2 one from Alchemist, but considering this also contains the arcs only present on the DS releases, quite some of the CGs are most likely either new or redrawn, possibly the new sprites too.

Sounds pretty rad!

Now proceeding to count the number of PS3/PSVitas I own.

Well shit. Do you think this would work on PPSSPP? :sachi:

Sachi route is fucking intense

Okay it probably won't be an Angelic Howl but hot damn things went down real quickly, I'm at the start of her "flashback" sequence (game turned to NVL label), also no pointless H so that's all fine and good, lets see where this takes us

edit

forgot to add that the childhood friend twist can be seen from five miles away (aka the first memory yuuji has) but I hope it connects to sachi's PTSD more than, say, "Yuu-kun left me so I became lonely."

... eventually. I have a feeling that you're reading muv-luv for the wrong reasons, or are going in with the wrong expectations. It is not an action story, and is not primarily focused on mech combat versus aliens, although there is a little bit of that in alternative.

There is a lot of action in alternative A LOT but yeah the story is focused on the characters and how everything is affecting them and that makes it even more awesome.

Reading Katahane. Quite like it for now (but I'm not very far in yet). Graphics (especially backgrounds) are very nice, but having only one sprite per character sucks a bit. I also really like light mood that was present, at least until now. If only Wakaba wouldn't be so noisy and annoying...

Alright, jumping on the MajiKoi bandwaggon here. Pretty fun game so far, I like how amusing the common route has been. Awesome bonus getting Sugita Tomokazu's voice in this! :D On that note, I went to vndb for verification and noticed that he went by a different alias for this game in addition to a few others. Anyone know the story behind that?

Still on the common route for If My Heart Had Wings. Wondering when it's going to end because i'm already 11 hours into it (though maybe an hour or so was just the game sitting open while I go shower or something of that nature), and am ready to get into one of the heroines routes.

Just finished CH1 of Dangan Ronpa tonight. Playing on mean and totally failed the final portion of the first trial (the Bullet Time Battles with the rhythm game) because I didn't pay close attention to the controls and then I ended up slamming on random buttons and instantly failing :/ I feel like a baller now guys. A A A A A A A A C ;-; that 1 C forever staining my score.

Currently, I'm playing Golden Time Vivid Memories for the Vita. I'm not far into it yet. I'm trying to get Kouko's route first, but I'm afraid I'll get the ending for those Tea Club girls because they keep cockblocking, haha.

Tell me if you think it's good? I just got a Vita and I don't know what games to buy for it yet. I have the money to start a game collection but the only games I knew I wanted on it were the Dangan Ronpa ones.

Tell me if you think it's good? I just got a Vita and I don't know what games to buy for it yet. I have the money to start a game collection but the only games I knew I wanted on it were the Dangan Ronpa ones.

Actually, yeah, I think it's great! It goes into so much more detail than the anime, so make sure to watch the anime first. But it kinda changes around all the events that happened in the anime (you don't get to meet all the characters together, which makes me sad lol) so hopefully that won't bother you. And the Japanese is surprisingly simple, perfect for a noob like me :D  I highly recommend the purchase. If you want to see gameplay, let me know, and I'll put up a video on YouTube or something.

And so the end has come, there is now no more Majikoi to read. It was fun, very much so, perhaps even so much I would consider it my favorite visual novel so far. Not sure about that one, need to sleep on it. I guess I'll have to re-read what is translated of S now.

Sword of Asumi, has anyone played it? It is on sale on steam for 50% and doesn't look to bad. I just have this thing with steam and vn's and thinking they won't turn out to good, lol.

https://vndb.org/v14839

I haven't played it before and I know 1-10 ratings aren't the most accurate burnout of 6 current ratings it has 1 7 and the rest are 1-4s putting at like 3.5/10. I'm gonna assume it's really bad (and Vndb doesn't list an average time so it might be really short too) but someone who has actually played it might think it's good.

People seem to be saying it's short, and it's buggy. Also they don't like the plot.

Knowing VNDB they probably voted it down because of the art and length. They couldn't possibly have marked it down for the story, because VNDB rated Monster Girl Quest almost off the charts and all that's got going for it is... ah, I see.

Welp looks like I will be skipping Sword of Asumi. 

Not a big deal seeing as I have a lot to read from all of Fuwa's torrents. Also can't forget about Majikoi...

Kanon is coming along decently. So far I'm not hooked or anything though and it is just average for me.

I'm currently on the first on my list of (very many) amazing VNs that has been ported to the PS Vita: Aiyoku no Eustia. I made this my first purchase because the limited edition came with a nice case to keep my new Vita in. I'm about 3-4 hours into it and I'm amazed at how fast it hooks you in and the breakneck pace the story has. It seems like there's barely time to wrap your head around anything that happens with how quickly new things start happening. I also love how it switches over and gives you brief insights into what the girls are thinking to add another layer to it. I wasn't impressed with Eustia when I first met her in the game, until the perspective switched and I saw what she was thinking and realized there was much more to her than met the eye.

I've always enjoyed August stuff, and this is no exception. Here's hoping the success of Aiyoku no Eustia and Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai on the Vita will encourage August to finally give us that all-ages port of Fortune Arterial they swept under the rug back when we were supposed to get it for PS3.

Higurashi Sui is already unleashing its horrors and seems to be sneakily pushing me towards Tatarigoroshi-hen, my least favourite arc from the question arcs. And it's all because of Satoko, because I really hate Satoko. Or rather just her speech patterns and mannerisms...if I really get locked into her arc as the first one... oh Sui, much fear. :D

Had only one creepy moment so far because I was doing my best to avoid all of the 'triggers', but even that one was scary as hell. Damn they got the creepiness to the next level with the voice acting and tight BGM/SFX control. But well, if my efforts to avoiding the tragedy leads me to Tatarigoroshi, then 10/10 trolling on Sui's side. :DDon't do this Sui. ;_;

https://vndb.org/v14839

I haven't played it before and I know 1-10 ratings aren't the most accurate burnout of 6 current ratings it has 1 7 and the rest are 1-4s putting at like 3.5/10. I'm gonna assume it's really bad (and Vndb doesn't list an average time so it might be really short too) but someone who has actually played it might think it's good.

Novel21 was all praises for it, saying you get the option to kill off side characters and it's his/her favorite after Da Capo.

Speaking of which, I've never played Da Capo either. Should get around to 'obtaining' it sometime. 

> Female Protagonist VNs are shit. I shall now proceed to permanently ignore the game.

People seem to be saying it's short, and it's buggy. Also they don't like the plot.

Knowing VNDB they probably voted it down because of the art and length. They couldn't possibly have marked it down for the story, because VNDB rated Monster Girl Quest almost off the charts and all that's got going for it is... ah, I see.

MGQ seems really shitty as far as I've seen. Is there really any point in a non-pervert playing it?

Higurashi Sui is already unleashing its horrors and seems to be sneakily pushing me towards Tatarigoroshi-hen, my least favourite arc from the question arcs. And it's all because of Satoko, because I really hate Satoko. Or rather just her speech patterns and mannerisms...if I really get locked into her arc as the first one... oh Sui, much fear. :D

Had only one creepy moment so far because I was doing my best to avoid all of the 'triggers', but even that one was scary as hell. Damn they got the creepiness to the next level with the voice acting and tight BGM/SFX control. But well, if my efforts to avoiding the tragedy leads me to Tatarigoroshi, then 10/10 trolling on Sui's side. :DDon't do this Sui. ;_;

So much want. Sui is definitely going to be my 2nd Vita VN after Eustia. Ryuukishi07 seems to have a talent for making characters who are both endearing and make you want to protect them while at the same time wanting to strangle them due to how annoying they are when they open their mouths (Satoko and Maria). I can't wait to finally experience the real Higurashi after having only seen the anime and read the manga.

MGQ seems really shitty as far as I've seen. Is there really any point in a non-pervert playing it?

You play it for the sex scenes, basically. People *say* the plot picks up in number 3, but you have to plough through the first 2 games to get there and I doubt it picks up by much. Furthermore the RPG mechanics are pretty poor.