What are you playing?

You play it for the sex scenes, basically. People *say* the plot picks up in number 3, but you have to plough through the first 2 games to get there and I doubt it picks up by much. Furthermore the RPG mechanics are pretty poor.

Yeah, I was pretty much disgusted at first sight. Plus, what the hell kind of a command is give up?! fuck you game devs.

So much want. Sui is definitely going to be my 2nd Vita VN after Eustia. Ryuukishi07 seems to have a talent for making characters who are both endearing and make you want to protect them while at the same time wanting to strangle them due to how annoying they are when they open their mouths (Satoko and Maria). I can't wait to finally experience the real Higurashi after having only seen the anime and read the manga.

Haha, there's so much truth in that statement. :D He really has a knack for it.

Funny thing is that I also only watched the anime and read the manga before (and the PC version of Onikakushi-hen, but I don't even count that since I went through the MG "translation"), so I also went into this in order to play Higurashi in its definitive form. And so far, I'm not disappointed at all, definitely recommended!

I was also eyeing Eustia for quite a while now. Glad to hear the beginning is great, I'm looking forward to your impressions when you finish the VN. :)

> Female Protagonist VNs are shit. I shall now proceed to permanently ignore the game.

MGQ seems really shitty as far as I've seen. Is there really any point in a non-pervert playing it?

Female characters in general are often shit. I like female characters for their interesting costume/face designs since guys have less diverse fashion....other than that I could go for a cast full of guys.

But like cute monster girls? If you're not a perv you play it because that fox is super cute ;-;

I'm not into cute things, generally just lolis at most, and even that's a stretch.

I've been playing MajiKoi for a while now, and my conclusion is that the have very few jokes I actually understand or their jokes are very boring most of the time. Some of it is pretty fun, but for me the biggest vice is not starting with the 'treatment' of Mayo. Girls already in love with you when the VN starts aren't especially interesting.

I'm not into cute things, generally just lolis at most, and even that's a stretch.

But road kill and witch girls :(

Also I just got in Super Dangan Ronpa 2 but I haven't finished the first game yet. That and I might go pick up a 3DS tomorrow before work since I will be across the GameStop 2 hours before my shift.

But road kill and witch girls :(

Also I just got in Super Dangan Ronpa 2 but I haven't finished the first game yet. That and I might go pick up a 3DS tomorrow before work since I will be across the GameStop 2 hours before my shift.

NONONONONONNO

NO

SDR2 spoils DR1 right from the get go, just go through DR1 first

seriously

that's like starting zero escape from virtue's last reward

IT JUST IS WRONG

NONONONONONNO

NO

SDR2 spoils DR1 right from the get go, just go through DR1 first

seriously

that's like starting zero escape from virtue's last reward

IT JUST IS WRONG

...I've played Dangan Ronpa before AND I've watched the whole Anime AND I've read the LP. I just played it in emulator before they announced that a translation was licensed.

So I started finishing up Majikoi. I actually left off partway through the Momoyo route over a year ago, after finishing the other three then-translated routes. I forgot how long this game's routes are. It's ridiculous! There are so many different story arcs in Momoyo's route alone.  But it's as entertaining as I remember, which is good. I was actually a little scared after re-reading the common route because it didn't really compel me, outside of a few funny moments, but then I remembered that the VN really doesn't start getting great until you enter the heroine routes. 

edit: oh that was it.

It felt like I had another hour or more to go based on the pacing, I didn't expect her route to end immediately after the hookup. A ridiculous comedic love triangle between Momo, Kazama, and Yamato wouldn't have been the worst thing.

starting suzukaze & maikaze afterward. need something fluffy cause my girlfriend is away for 6 days.......

edit: regarding MGQ, though the story picks up speed at the end of part 2, its still not like its wasted time from the beginning. enjoyed it pretty much & its been funny too.
and with the xplicit scenes, there´s the ctrl button you know

Finished Miyako's route in Majikoi. Cool shit. One thing I found interesting is how much better Chris is in Miyako's route than I remembered her being in the common route/anime. She was reasonable for pretty much the entire route, and even the most reasonable a couple times. She even kept most of her fun vampire "DO EVERYTHING HONORABLY" to the side. Rather than bitching about Yamato's questionable but effective measures, she kept most of her justice rants for actual bad guys. Most if not all of the things bad about her character were absent in this route. Romance really brings out the worst in tsunderes. Heterosexual romance usually, as yuri tsunderes don't tend to be anywhere near as bad.

Still not gonna read Chris' route, but I have more respect for her now.

Just finished CH 2 of Dangan Ronpa...I took over 130 screenshots of that chapter OTL if that doesn't prove my bias to the 3 focus characters in the chapter, idk what else does.

Although I kind of think I want to read Majkoi next. Everybody has been talking about it and I haven't heard anything really bad about it yet. Well anything except some people have said the common route is pretty meh.

Started Capt's route in Majikoi. His "free-spirit" entrances were a nice touch. I usually prefer linearity, but the way the choices are presented in this is fantastic. Nice and easy to follow even without a guide. And of course the choices themselves are great too. I mean instead of unceremoniously dumping you into one of those cliché "funny" misunderstandings, they actually give you the choice to dodge them. Just as far as choices are concerned, I think this may be the best VN I've read.

Oh, just read her route you baby, it's cute and not that bad. Also you have to go through all of the heroine routes before unlocking the Agave route, which you want to do.

Look, I have better things to do with my time than spend God knows how many hours reading something I likely won't enjoy. Been there, done that. These days I dodge routes I think I won't enjoy, just like I drop some anime for the same reason. I still usually read most of them, and recently with Yoakena I read all 5 translated routes. But this is a great time-saver. And I'm used to the things I find grating being found cute/endearing by others, which is fine of course, but I keep it in mind. As for Agave route, I can easily skip through or just grab a 100% save file when the time comes.

Just finished CH 2 of Dangan Ronpa...I took over 130 screenshots of that chapter OTL if that doesn't prove my bias to the 3 focus characters in the chapter, idk what else does.

130, shit. That beats even my Grisaia count. I take a lot of screenshots (well, snips) of some VNs to spam my friend with, which usually gets him interested eventually. Worked for Grisaia/Majikoi, which were the main culprits.

130 for one chapter ;( so like a 6th of the game, a little less. Its by far my favorite chapter because I'm really attached to the murderer, victim and the guy who totally goes crazy after the chapter. After chapter 2 my 5 favorite characters (out of 15 students) are pretty much gone so ch2 meant lots of screenshots.

Look, I have better things to do with my time than spend God knows how many hours reading something I likely won't enjoy. Been there, done that. These days I dodge routes I think I won't enjoy, just like I drop some anime for the same reason. I still usually read most of them, and recently with Yoakena I read all 5 translated routes. But this is a great time-saver. And I'm used to the things I find grating being found cute/endearing by others, which is fine of course, but I keep it in mind. As for Agave route, I can easily skip through or just grab a 100% save file when the time comes.

I can see where you're coming from on that, and I frankly don't blame you since I tend to drop quite a few things as well. Though I would at least try her route for a little while since a character can easily make a turnaround. I don't know what it is about visual novels and why these types of shifts occur, but my impression of heroines very frequently changes between how I see them in the common route and how I see them in their character route. I have a couple notable examples from Hoshimemo. At first, I thought Asuho was a really fun and outgoing character and I went with her route first because she was my favorite in the common route. But after starting it, I found her character way more clingy than she needed to be and she ended up getting on my nerves (her character backstory wasn't that good either). And then there was Chinami, who I considered the worst girl in the common route, and though I only disliked her a little less after reading her route, I was touched by how well the drama played out in her route. There are also quite a few that say they've grown significantly more fond of Lucia during her route as compared to the common route.

Though I guess it's up to you. :P Just make sure to look up a wiki for any information that might be relevant to another route.

Well, I was currently playing and just recently finished Steins;Gate.

I have to say that the moment the game threw me the line "Time Travel" and "Time Machine", I knew I was going in for an awesome thrill! 

I loved the references regarding

real life conspiracies and real life brand names which were altered to blend in with the actual game's story for more realism (SERN, McD, Starbecks, Claddan). I loved the fact that it also made reference to Back to the Future numerous times and it also mentioned about the movie "Groundhog Day".

Anyway, I started Clannad yesterday and so far I'm enjoying it~ Will post more either as I go or once I finish.