Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

I have quite a few scars, and don't even remember how I got half of them.  How I got one of the scars is actually the cause of one of my phobias.

Confession:  I have mild Cynophobia.  That's right.  I have a fear of dogs.  This stems from when I visited my grandma's house when I was a kid and her dog attacked me.  I still have the scar on my face.

I have 2 scars on my feet, one of which is when I dropped a knife on my foot and cut it open.  The other is when I stepped on a bait hook, causing it to go straight through my toe.

I have a lovely dent in my fireplace from when I tripped and nearly broke my head on it. Thankfully it broke the brick fireplace instead.

At least you shouldn't get scars at home,

...Unless you are a really terrible cook or you enter full out war with your fireplace that refuses to light up.

On that last note - I have a burn scar obtained while over-zealously stirring a failed attempt to make caramel a little over a year ago. Caramel gets freaking hot. Pulling out arm hair along with the crystallized sugar, before I realized I could just dissolve all of it with water, didn't exactly feel pleasant either...

I actually can not comprehend how traumatic experiences inflict a lifelong fear in human brains. Bad stuff happens to everyone, obviously, including me. But I built up hatred instead of angst. 

It's all about fight or flight instinct and conditioning. Seeing something 'scary', humans respond by falling back on their animal instinct of either trying to run/avoid it or trying to beat it down and eliminate the threat. Animals who can't do this tend to die off and not pass on their genes so we've got millions of years of this in us. When you say you build up hatred I'd say you default to the 'fight' option, whereas some of us who like to avoid conflict would default to 'flight'. When we see something that scared us before, our brain automatically starts sounding the 'flight' alarm because the primitive places of our brain are convinced we're gonna die if we face whatever it is that's scaring us.

All of my scars are from my outrageous acne.  I'm like a spotted animal on my torso now.

Confession: Yesterday I had a fun encounter with my spontaneous gag reflex.  I haven't eaten vegetables/fruit in like 15 years, and I extremely dislike them.  Me and my friend decided it would be a good idea to try and cook some overly frozen pierogi that had sour kraut in it.  The moment it hit my mouth, my tongue rejected it and a wonderful pool of stomach acid came up into my mouth.  

I think it's safe to say that I'll be staying away from non-processed fruits and vegetables for a long time.  I'll get all my intake from barbeque sauce and tomato soup, etc.

Confession: Throughout 24 years of my life so far, today is the first time I got to do yard-work, which involved raking pine needles for hours and stuffing them in bags, and helping put up a fence from scratch. I'm such an Urbanite...

Wat...I've had to do yardwork pretty much every weekend since 9th grade, since that was when we stopped renting and actually had to do our own maintenance.  I still hate push mowers with every fiber in my body.  My back still hates them, too  >.>

Confession: Yesterday I had a fun encounter with my spontaneous gag reflex.  I haven't eaten vegetables/fruit in like 15 years, and I extremely dislike them.  Me and my friend decided it would be a good idea to try and cook some overly frozen pierogi that had sour kraut in it.  The moment it hit my mouth, my tongue rejected it and a wonderful pool of stomach acid came up into my mouth.  

I think it's safe to say that I'll be staying away from non-processed fruits and vegetables for a long time.  I'll get all my intake from barbeque sauce and tomato soup, etc.

How do you not have scurvy yet, you wannabe pirate?

It's all about fight or flight instinct and conditioning. Seeing something 'scary', humans respond by falling back on their animal instinct of either trying to run/avoid it or trying to beat it down and eliminate the threat. Animals who can't do this tend to die off and not pass on their genes so we've got millions of years of this in us. When you say you build up hatred I'd say you default to the 'fight' option, whereas some of us who like to avoid conflict would default to 'flight'. When we see something that scared us before, our brain automatically starts sounding the 'flight' alarm because the primitive places of our brain are convinced we're gonna die if we face whatever it is that's scaring us.

I'm actually still scared of my old middle school, no shit.  I get little panic attacks from just walking near that craphole.  It gets better if I don't look at it, but I still get that reaction.

Confession: I have a terrible sleep schedule right now.  I go to sleep around 2 AM every night, and wake up around 10:30-11, and it's definitely not good for me.  So smart.

Confession #2: I've only broken one bone so far, and it was my right arm.  I was in 5th grade, and I was on recess.  I was running back from the benches over blacktop to go put my lunchbox away so I could go play, and I guess I kinda tripped (I'm assuming I brought my foot down wrong and hit my toes against the ground), and I instinctively put my right arm out to break my fall.  All of my weight was on that arm when I landed.  Surprisingly, it wasn't a major fracture, and there's no lasting effects to this day, but I still have a small lump of calcium where it healed because it didn't set right.

Confession: I spent all of today and a bit of yesterday marathoning Agents of SHIELD Season 1, and am going to do the same with Season 2 tomorrow.

This is almost exactly what happened with Attack on Titan: one day I randomly realized that AoT was a thing that people said was pretty good and that I hadn't watched it, so I marathoned it up to the last episode, because the last episode came out literally the next day. And now I suddenly remembered that I had downloaded SHIELD a while back, and wouldn't you know the last 2 episodes of season 2 come out on the 12th.

Confession: I hate how easily I cry. Especially while watching shows. If it affected me to a certain degree, you'll see my face contort and my head face another direction reflexively. Staring at the screen just makes me cry harder.

Confession: I love how easily I cry... although it only applies to anime and VNs... otherwise I can't cry at all. :P

Confession: I hate how easily I cry. Especially while watching shows. If it affected me to a certain degree, you'll see my face contort and my head face another direction reflexively. Staring at the screen just makes me cry harder.

I have this problem as well. I mean, Love Live s1 gave me feels and shit multiple times and not necessarily for much of a reason. Music 3strong5me.

Confession: I love how easily I cry... although it only applies to anime and VNs... otherwise I can't cry at all. :P

It isn't nice if it's obstructing my watching. :amane:

But it lets me know I'm still soft, which I really like.

I have this problem as well. I mean, Love Live s1 gave me feels and shit multiple times and not necessarily for much of a reason. Music 3strong5me.

LLfag