Greatest Male Protagonist EVER

Valmore

I've come up with the male protagonist, who is, unequivocally, the greatest male protagonist in the history of visual novels.

Spoiler

Hisao%20Nakai-from-Disability%20Girls%20

You know why? Because he's F-IN' NORMAL!!! He didn't work over 1000 part times jobs. He doesn't have mystic eyes of kill the Earth or something, and he doesn't have any magical ability at all. Not a superior athlete or anything. He's just a dude with a bad heart. LIKE ALL OF YOU :salt:-Y PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.

I prefer OP protags over whiney manbitches :makina: Maybe it's my age showing, or my former normie status - but I just can't identify with the ignorant, low-confidence protags anymore. I need it to be a man that has his shit together at least abit - even better if he's not a complete douche to the people around him~

That being said, I've honestly forgotten what KSs' protag was like (been at least 3-4 years?), but I seem to remember getting pissed off at him more then once. But on the other hand, I remember being able to empathize with him for certain situations~

8 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

Hisao wasn't one of my favorite vn MC's, true he is "normal" but that could also mean less interesting. Besides he's not particularly good  or anything

Yeah, and the prostate exam I had the other day wasn't "particularly good or anything," but I ain't complaining.

Hisao is indeed perfectly normal and normally perfect.

1 hour ago, Valmore said:

I've come up with the male protagonist, who is, unequivocally, the greatest male protagonist in the history of visual novels.

Hide contents

Hisao%20Nakai-from-Disability%20Girls%20

You know why? Because he's F-IN' NORMAL!!! He didn't work over 1000 part times jobs. He doesn't have mystic eyes of kill the Earth or something, and he doesn't have any magical ability at all. Not a superior athlete or anything. He's just a dude with a bad heart. LIKE ALL OF YOU :salt:-Y PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.

In other words, the WORST protagonist ever, lol.  Fiction is, at least partly so, about escapism... why the hell would I want to experience the point of view of someone who is average/normal/below-average?  lol

I actually really enjoy normal protagonists, mostly as the genre I enjoy the most is Slice of Life type stuff. Sometimes you don't need a fantastical fantasy world for the 'escapism' element to fit into place. It can just be enough to take a look into the life of another ordinary person for a while.

Hisao was a great protagonist, simply because he was perfectly normal. Someone who we could relate to while looking into snippets of his life. Though maybe I just found it easy to relate because I'm disabled myself, albiet mentally, so I have at least somewhat of an idea of what he was going through.

22 minutes ago, madvanced said:

@Vokoca and @LinovaA tend to pester me that Kaito from Akatsuki no Goei is the manliest man ever and the best MC of all time. Who knows for certain...

noone ever beats shusaku in the category of the most manliest man on earth. never ever. utterly impossible.

8 hours ago, Jade said:

If i want to see a normal dude doing normal thing i would just live on my life

Sadly, the same cannot be said for me.

Still, I didn't particularly like Hisao. I think I agree with WinterfuryZX, Nishijou Takumi is probably my favorite MC, although the VN he is in isn't that great.

9 hours ago, madvanced said:

@Vokoca and @LinovaA tend to pester me that Kaito from Akatsuki no Goei is the manliest man ever and the best MC of all time. Who knows for certain...

Kaito makes even the amazing onii-sama from Mahouka look like a flawed loser in comparison. :pyaa:

On a more serious note, the main characters are one of the most important parts of a story for me (if only because you see the world through their point of view, and therefore spend the most time with them) - so the more normal and average the protagonist is, the more boring the story becomes. Not asking for amazing superhumans, I'm very fond of flawed protagonists as well - I just want a complex character that is fun to read about. To hell with Blank "Please self-insert here!" Slate-kun, the more the protagonist is their own character, the better - and bonus points for protagonists that take actions wildly different from the reader's standards and expectations, be that in good or bad directions. 

5 hours ago, Funnerific said:

But what if I want to see a normal dude in extraordinary circumstances (that isn't a plain harem)?

Then you probably end up reading a bunch of interesting side character instead :makina: