What are you playing?

Danganronpa 2. WOO

Might lend my Vita to a friend. Made him watch Danganronpa's anime but couldn't get him to watch an LP of DR2. I have the game now, so I'll lend the console and the game to him. Hope he likes it. 

Played up to the first trial. Better gameplay than DR1 for sure. Haven't started the trial, will do that after my friend finishes the game. 

Edited by Funyarinpa

I had to stall Ever17. Was at the ending of Sora's route, then I thought about how I had to play the Kid next and took a break.

liked Sora's route? 

Thing is, I haven't finished it yet.

Sora is in HIMMEL and Takeshi and everyone came down with TB. Pretty sure this is the last spurt of the route, as it was with Tsugumi. 

When I get around to finishing the route I will tell ya what I think. Destiny has taken over a lot of my free time though...  

I had to stall Ever17. Was at the ending of Sora's route, then I thought about how I had to play the Kid next and took a break.

liked Sora's route? 

Thing is, I haven't finished it yet.

Hidden Content

When I get around to finishing the route I will tell ya what I think. Destiny has taken over a lot of my free time though...  

Shu

pls

I just finished Yuela's route in Kamidori...took forever...105 hours,but I did get all my characters to 99,100% all dungeons, except the two at yuma lake and limestone cavern where you need the gold key to 100%. Grindnig the characters to 99 took around 20-30 hours alone.I can only thank the MMORPGS I have played before,but this was a serious pain in the ass, In MMOs, at least you did raids and dungeons with other people, this was literately running the same dungeon over and over by yourself, so glad its finally over. Yuela's route was really nice at the last chapter, the war with Disnafrody was intense and really enjoyable. Kamidori is quite enjoyable if you just play normally, but if you want to get all the bonus little stuff and get better stats or levels, the game turns into a grindfest. I'm gonna start a NG+, but I'm really tempted to download a 100% save file...the grinding scares me.

Finished Majikoi. I still stand by my opinion that it's basically just Little Busters crossed with Osananajimi wa Daitouryou. I mean, you have the red-haired girl that's like an animal, the overpowered black-haired older sister, the foreign student brought up by a japanophile, the isolated blue-haired girl, the leader that comes and goes as he pleases, the buff idiot, the similarly strong guy who pretends to not want to be part of the group but actually does, etc.Some of the routes I rather enjoyed but the drama still felt a little forced because of the silliness of the entire setting. I still enjoyed it but definitely not worth the hype :P

Not sure what I'm going to be reading next, I thought of doing KoiRizo but then I remembered that it's a fucking pulltop game -_-

Edited by Flutterz

Finished Majikoi. I still stand by my opinion that it's basically just Little Busters crossed with Osananajimi wa Daitouryou. I mean, you have the red-haired girl that's like an animal, the overpowered black-haired older sister, the foreign student brought up by a japanophile, the isolated blue-haired girl, the leader that comes and goes as he pleases, the buff idiot, the similarly strong guy who pretends to not want to be part of the group but actually does, etc.Some of the routes I rather enjoyed but the drama still felt a little forced because of the silliness of the entire setting. I still enjoyed it but definitely not worth the hype :P

Not sure what I'm going to be reading next, I thought of doing KoiRizo but then I remembered that it's a fucking pulltop game -_-

Have you played Majikoi S? I think most people agree here that S is better than the original.

KoiRizo is ok. Art is amazing and the user interface is so friendly, you might get an orgasm. :wahaha: The "gestures" make playing that game so much smoother and easier due to all the mouse shortcuts you can do. I wish all VNs had it. 

But if you hate forced drama, it might not be your cup of tea. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Have you played Majikoi S? I think most people agree here that S is better than the original.

I cannot understand why people think that at all. The original Majikoi was really focused on the "hanging out with friends"-atmosphere, thanks to the slice of life and it's utter comedic self-awareness. 

S on the other hand is kind of a mess. It feels like the people in the office couldn't decide whether they wanted to make a sequel or a fandisk, so they kind of half-assed both. The previous main cast has kind of outlived it's usefulness and stays around solely for the sake of staying around, while more than half of the new characters didn't even get route treatment.

I must agree with texas dice. I dont see why majikoi in any way would be better than the original even though I like majikoi S personally (even maybe more than the original, but I think that has more to do with how much I dont like common routes and where majikoi gives me the opportunity to jump straight into the "action")

I cannot understand why people think that at all. The original Majikoi was really focused on the "hanging out with friends"-atmosphere, thanks to the slice of life and it's utter comedic self-awareness. 

S on the other hand is kind of a mess. It feels like the people in the office couldn't decide whether they wanted to make a sequel or a fandisk, so they kind of half-assed both. The previous main cast has kind of outlived it's usefulness and stays around solely for the sake of staying around, while more than half of the new characters didn't even get route treatment.

I like S personally because of the introduction of new characters and a new story arc (Bushido plan) which expands even further on the A-disks and gets really interesting. I can't wait for A-5 to come out and see how Yoshitsune plays a bigger role in it. I am not a fan of too much slice of life and common routes so maybe that's why I really prefer S by a long shot. 

The villains were a lot more serious and powerful than the original in the "true route" version of S and I love the little mini movies especially that amazing

sword fight scene with Yoshitsune and Mayucchi. and the tournament fights with Tsubame vs everyone.
Edited by CeruleanGamer

KoiRizo is ok. Art is amazing and the user interface is so friendly, you might get an orgasm. :wahaha: The "gestures" make playing that game so much smoother and easier due to all the mouse shortcuts you can do. I wish all VNs had it. 

That's not the main problem, the main problem is that it uses the same dumbass engine their other games use that won't launch the game unless your screen has at least 800 vertical resolution, which my laptop doesn't, even though not a single other VN besides theirs has ever had a problem with the resolution.

I like S personally because of the introduction of new characters and a new story arc (Bushido plan) which expands even further on the A-disks and gets really interesting. I can't wait for A-5 to come out and see how Yoshitsune plays a bigger role in it. I am not a fan of too much slice of life and common routes so maybe that's why I really prefer S by a long shot. 

The villains were a lot more serious and powerful than the original in the "true route" version of S and I love the little mini movies especially that amazing

Hidden Content

I'll have to side with Texas here. I'm all for Majikoi. I love the series (Majikoi and Majikoi S), but I'll have to conclude Majikoi S is an inferior product for the reasons mentioned.

A great deal of it is naught but H-Scenes and afterstories for previous routes, making for a truly Fandisk-like feeling. By the same token, it also introduces an all new cast and plot - which they don't fully develop, only truly focusing on two of the new characters (Tsubame and Mon-sama).

I'm sure it'll only get better from here. All the pieces are in place for Majikoi A to play with them to his fullest extent, but as is, for us plebians which haven't read the Majikoi A series yet, it feels like a somewhat incomplete product, leaving us hanging in the sequel department.
I wouldn't mind a fandisk, but I feel like I was sort of teased with this entirely new cast and only getting to experience a couple of them.

As for villains, I don't agree. Even if I did, in a VN like Majikoi more serious and powerful villains aren't necessarily a plus.

I don't think S is better, either. I wrote a lot of stuff on why like eight to ten months ago in this thread. The gist of it being that it introduced too many characters that didn't amount to much and spent too much time developing characters without routes and not enough time developing the characters with the routes. And the fandisc half of it detracted too much from the rest of the VN. My conclusion was that they should have just started a new IP with the premise and characters they developed in S instead of making such a muddled mess. But they probably wanted to milk the Majikoi fans for all they're worth.

And I'm not sure what "most people" think but the prevailing opinion I've seen around here is that S is a bit worse, although still a fun read. And its average rating on VNDB being lower supports that. 

Edited by Decay

Whoa, really? I thought S was lacking compared to the original. The main routes, Tsubame, Mon-sama, and Agave were the only routes that really held up to the original. While it was fun to read, I believe Majikoi was just better.

It's tricky for the translation of KoiRizo to use "tricky" so much. I'm seriously getting ready to drop this shit.

I have never had any problems with any translations before this mess.

They could have used "unfair" or "devious" , "crafty" or something. Tricky sounds more like swindling/scamming someone. :wahaha:

Or they could contact me. I'm like a walking thesaurus. xD

Edited by CeruleanGamer

It's tricky for the translation of KoiRizo to use "tricky" so much. I'm seriously getting ready to drop this shit.

I have never had any problems with any translations before this mess.

They could have used "unfair" or "devious" , "crafty" or something. Tricky sounds more like swindling/scamming someone. :wahaha:

Or they could contact me. I'm like a walking thesaurus. xD

"Unfair" is the most used translation of zurui. I don't understand why they decided to use "tricky". Either the translator or the editor thought they were being clever but it ended up backfiring.

I'm going to read Period. Because why not.

So far I can't say anything more than what goes on in the main menu, but I already give this VN a gold star, for a having a clean, orderly configurations menu and constellations in the background. 

I played Miyu, Yukina, Aoi, Kohane routes and im in Asahi route actually.

Every heroine looks like she is 9(which is pretty disturbing for me), and that is throwing me off and Koto omgfdsadaddaadda.

This seems pretty average for me, voice acting seems pretty good that i can agree on

Kawasumi dared me to say here that I was going to read Kara no Shoujo without having touched Cartagra first, so here it is, I'm gonna read KnS without having read Cartagra.

I also read KnS first, and now I am re-reading KnS again and Cartagra still lies untouched. (´・ω・`)