What are you playing?

Well you might have the best observation skills in the world, but Ace Attorney can usually get around that using plot twists and the supernatural. And the plot twists usually stem from a fact that you cannot find from evidence during investigation parts and has to suddenly come out while you're interrogating the witnesses in the day of the trials. 

Well, yes. Ace Attorney is not a mystery title in the sense that you get presented all the facts and then you try to solve a mystery. Instead, it reveals facts bit by bit turning the mystery around and letting you slowly, slowly solve it.

Just finished AA1

...Woah

...Woooooah

Case 4 was far and away the best AA case I've played so far (played AA1 and AA5)

Hated investigation sections, trials were great stuff

Last case was quite confusing and I was somewhat spoiled, but pretty great nonetheless. It's built from ground up for the DS, and it shows.

4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5>>>3>>2>1

I will finish lamune and keep reading augement, this is probably not the place to ramble about this but I just don't understand how nobody translated this novel yet, the characters are unique and interesting, very funny and finally the plot is not your typical orphan school boy with the romance cliche thing...last and most important is really easy to understand!!! So I just don't understand why they keep translating the same vns with the same settings over and over again while you have great vns out there (unique ones) that nobody really cares about them, but oh well who  am I to judge the taste of translators in the first place. 

Edited by Deep Blue

Okay this time I'm actually going to read Kosame's route in Hoshizora no Memoria. I was going to read it almost immediately after Komomo's and I don't remember why I stopped.

Also does anyone else noticed that Hoshizora on full screen seems stretched? Or is that just me?

Hoshimemo is a 4:3 game. If your game is taking up your full screen space then it is indeed being stretched. That might have to do with your monitor's and/or your graphics card's scaling options, as I don't recall there being any in-game settings for that, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Okay this time I'm actually going to read Kosame's route in Hoshizora no Memoria. I was going to read it almost immediately after Komomo's and I don't remember why I stopped.

Also does anyone else noticed that Hoshizora on full screen seems stretched? Or is that just me?

Hoshimemo is a 4:3 game. If your game is taking up your full screen space then it is indeed being stretched. That might have to do with your monitor's and/or your graphics card's scaling options, as I don't recall there being any in-game settings for that, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Sorry, I think I used the wrong word. It's not so much stretched as it is...jagged? It's most certainly 4:3 on my screen, just the character outlines look really jagged but they look completly fine in windowed mode. I might make a tech thread on it but I usually just play it in windowed mode. Was just wondering if that's just how the game is. 

Sorry, I think I used the wrong word. It's not so much stretched as it is...jagged? It's most certainly 4:3 on my screen, just the character outlines look really jagged but they look completly fine in windowed mode. I might make a tech thread on it but I usually just play it in windowed mode. Was just wondering if that's just how the game is. 

I remember that same thing happening when I was playing Hoshimemo.

I think I changed the resolution of my monitor to somewhere around 1280 x 720 (or slightly lower) and kept Hoshimemo in windowed mode, and it looked fine.  If you're in 1920 x 1080, it's going to look pretty crappy, unfortunately, and there's no way to change that, even with black side borders.

In case you needed it, here is a link to the translated options screen.

All VNs stretch to some extent when going into a full screen if their windowed resolution is lower than your monitor's resolution. That's just how it works, they don't ever re-render the assets at a higher resolution. What usually happens is screen smoothing of some fashion. Usually in-built by your graphics card's setting. It's possible that Hoshimemo uses some method that prevents that. If it's a "borderless windowed" style fullscreen, they'll have to do it in software. Look around the game settings to see if there's any filtering/smoothing options. 

Currently reading nothing, might give in and start rereading E17 or reading Kara no Shoujo. My Amazon order of a few games is arriving tomorrow though, so I'll probably just immerse myself in The World Ends With You for the time being, followed by Danganronpa 2. Should probably finish Soul Sacrifice afterwards, and with other shit coming out (TBoI: Afterbirth for example) I'll probably save up enough money to buy another game from Amazon by then. Currently considering Danganronpa Another Episode, though I'm starting to lean towards leaving that for a sale or price drop and double-dipping for VLR, US Vita version's double dub and higher reso is very appealing after finishing the game on my PAL 3DS. Now that I think about it, I could actually get Ace Attorney Trilogy instead. Hmm.

paused the modern tale of pretty hedonistic, cosmopolitan vampires, called 午前零時の讃美歌 2, not because its bad or such, but for me currently beeing in need of something abit more epic and therefore switched back to reading  霊刀キザクラ (Kizakura -The Aeon Blade), which is ヴィザルの日記 (Vizals Diary) direct precessor (there are many more) and consists again of a quite unique, but very likeable cast plus various pretty awesome fights that keep on drawing you in, like the one where the big bad gets his ass whipped XD, not to mention its humour doesnt feel out of place at all.

tumblr_nwfhg26kWR1s0sw6no1_540.jpg
tumblr_nwfhr54GLn1s0sw6no1_540.jpg
tumblr_nwfhhw5PG51s0sw6no1_540.jpg
tumblr_nwfhn3zsg11s0sw6no1_540.jpg
tumblr_nwfie3z26w1s0sw6no1_540.jpg

edit. almost all of amagasas titles do have also alot of sexual content, BUT in most of them its never the main focus, like one might come to believe after witnessing their games beeing advertised with only the ero scenes visible.

Okay, Period is really good (period). The voice acting is superb, the soundtrack neat and catchy, the jokes are really funny and the protagonist is beautifully sharp-tongued and bumfuck lazy. Just like me back in school! (... Nothing really changed, now that I think about it...) 

The art is Littlewitch art. Take it or leave it. I'm not really into those chins, foreheads or lacking bodytype diversity, but the actual product itself is entertaining enough to make me go through it. And it's not bad art, on an artistic level. There are shadows, colors, accents and all of that stuff, so it's really just different. And different is usually cool. 

The characters are a little "tropey", but it is a story and there's atleast diversity in how they act and in between them (also, it's refreshing to see the in VNs rarely encountered straight tomboy). The only character that seems somewhat redundant is the class rep, Miyu. She's very similar a to Kohane. 

I also like how Period is structured, because it's not easy to tell when the common route is going to end just from reading it for the first time. Also, it seems like a lot of scenes change depending on the girl you pick, which is really cool. 

I don't think I'll read the entire thing, because not every character is that interesting to me, but for now I'm sticking with it. For a period of time.

Been playing another older title, Crescendo. It's not bad! It's actually really different than most translated eroge. It features third person narration and it sort of cuts into the story after everyone has already met each other and been together for a year or more. It almost has a voyeuristic feel to it as you're peeking into the lives of these people, instead of the typical setup where they give you a cipher protagonist with first person narration so the reader can feel like they're there with them. There's also almost no slice of life. Every scene has purpose, and they do a good job of introducing these characters and establishing their relationships despite starting in the middle (or really, near the end) of their stories with no fluff or filler for characterization. It doesn't feel rushed at all.

That art though... Not gonna lie, it IS pretty bad.

you should read the whole thing though, only leaving the troll route out, as you would miss out on agood bunch of freaking rediculous and funny stuff otherwise - excluding miyus route, because this one goes down a pretty different road and also most stuff going on isnt noticeable until you get on the chicks routes, with only abit foreshadowing here and there during its common route. have fun & enjoy the lolis!

Been playing another older title, Crescendo. It's not bad! It's actually really different than most translated eroge. It features third person narration and it sort of cuts into the story after everyone has already met each other and been together for a year or more. It almost has a voyeuristic feel to it as you're peeking into the lives of these people, instead of the typical setup where they give you a cipher protagonist with first person narration so the reader can feel like they're there with them. There's also almost no slice of life. Every scene has purpose, and they do a good job of introducing these characters and establishing their relationships despite starting in the middle (or really, near the end) of their stories with no fluff or filler for characterization. It doesn't feel rushed at all.

That art though... Not gonna lie, it IS pretty bad.

It's so refreshing to see VN's without much slice of life in them. The way you described really fits what I've heard of the VN, that it's a mature romance story.