What are you playing?

Is it worth downloading 999 for the ds emu on my android? Is the game any good on nds?

Honestly you are far better off playing it on an actual DS if you have one (not telling why). 

If you can't play it on DS, an emulator will certainly suffice.  

so it's good? It won't be disappointing? 

Is it worth downloading 999 for the ds emu on my android? Is the game any good on nds?

Honestly you are far better off playing it on an actual DS if you have one (not telling why). 

I played it with an emulator, while it won't be as good as it would be on the original hardware, it was still 10/10. 

I played it with an emulator, while it won't be as good as it would be on the original hardware, it was still 10/10. 

wouldnt that mean that it's 11+/10 on original hardware?

wouldnt that mean that it's 11+/10 on original hardware?

Kind of, but I played 999 on emulator and it's still my #2 favorite VN of all time (only beaten by its sequel Virtue's Last Reward)

In short, DS is superior but for the most part you won't lose anything if you go with an emulator.

What I'm trying to say is, if you can't play it on a DS right now, emulate it. If you can (if you have/can borrow a DS or 3DS) play it on original hardware, do so.

I feel like a VN that is best described as "not bad per se" isn't the best idea for a starter VN - why not use the best VN you know of in the genre your audience is interested in, with maybe one or two other restrictions (mainly, not too long)? Either Fate/Stay Night or Symphonic Rain would be my starter VN recommendation, depending on the person's interests; I'd go with a Key game instead of Symphonic Rain, maybe, but at least the recent ones are probably a bit long for a starter.

I recently finished LPing Shuffle!  on my channel.  I covered Kaede's Path.  

I have Katawa Shoujo finished too!  I completed Hanako's Path, Emi's Path and Hanako's BETA Path.  :3

My next VN will most likely be Kanon.  

What is Hanako's BETA Path!? I haven't read the original yet, what order do I read in?

I have Katawa Shoujo finished too!  I completed Hanako's Path, Emi's Path and Hanako's BETA Path.  :3

What is Hanako's BETA Path!? I haven't read the original yet, what order do I read in?

The beta paths were some that were leaked (or something) without 4LS wanting them to be. The creators are pretty iffy about them being played, and any mention of them on the KS forums are a pretty good way of getting a ban.

I went Emi -> Lilly -> Hanako -> Rin -> Shizune, but I'd say leave Rin for last as her route is the best. Still, Emi bestgirl.

Seriously struggling with Amane's route on Grisaia. SO. MUCH. SEX.

Seriously struggling with Amane's route on Grisaia. SO. MUCH. SEX.

Yeah, it's a bit of an h-scene gauntlet.  It's all in one section, though, which I tend to prefer.  I'm struggling to finish Koirizo because they space them out but have a ton, so there's always one at the end when I just want to reach the conclusion and finish the route.  Amane's route actually has a good reason for all that sex, which is pretty rare.  Just power through it, or Ctrl if need be.

Hanako's Beta Path you can check out on YouTube.  Xaddgx did a run of it and so did I. 

I would suggest doing the original first, then the BETA version. 

@Funyarinpa 

Finished Sora's route in Ever17. It was nice and all but it didn't really hit home with me. 

How is You's route? I reaallllly don't want to do her route, or play as the Kid in general.

You have to play them all. Playing as Kid has his pluses too, don't worry. Didn't like You route myself but you need to play them all. 

Finished re-reading Kara no Shoujo yesterday, this time with a guide to get the things I missed the first time around. Replaying the VN just made the flaws come out even more unfortunately, and I had to go lower my vndb score a bit (to 8, though that might still be being too nice). Overall there are some amazing moments, and the system is extremely enjoyable when it works (not when it requires you to go to a specific place in a specific time to get the true ending, with no hints whatsoever), but the open ending, the horridly random h-scenes, the main heroine that is honestly more annoying than likeable and some of the absolutely unfair triggers really do take away from the experience a lot. I also had a good laugh to see the writer with such a hard-on for kanji make a very simple mistake in his own writing, but to his credit I noticed it only twice. I'll probably continue NatsuKumo now, the KnS2 sequel doesn't really start in a way that'd make me want to jump in immediately.

Started playing KnS2. It opens with a flashback sequence featuring new characters. I heard it's really lengthy, too. Not the best way to start a sequel.

Also started KnS2 yesterday, and after seeing wwhere it goes I had pretty much the same reaction. Not sure if I want to continue with it right away or do something different first.

Also started KnS2 yesterday, and after seeing wwhere it goes I had pretty much the same reaction. Not sure if I want to continue with it right away or do something different first.

It lasts a solid 5 to 6 hours. The story and characters within it are fine but it has some really jarring placement within the VN. A prologue featuring the same old KnS crew and BAM, hours of new people doing a completely unrelated thing. You should probably just power through it. The payoff is good. 

One thing that weirded me out is that the village is actually just Hinamizawa. Or more accurately, based on the same village. 

ROtjK7N.jpg

pCj8Xfz.jpg

I don't know if i should start playing tokyo school (really short) or white album 2 (something really long...)

White Album 2 is my favorite anime of all time, aside from GC. Might as well read the VN.

yep I will read white album because tokyo school is really boring so far and I'm not a fan of those booby physx that it uses xD
Is white album 1 good? should I read it before 2? I read that it's a different story but maybe there is some relation between them.