What are you playing?

100% Majikoi S ~! 

555uK3n.jpg 

As you can see in the image above, there are a lot of damn routes. As short as some may be I rather not go and write my thoughts on all of them. Since I kind of posted my thoughts as I was playing, I want to try to keep this brief (I'm lazy rn).

First off, Kazama Family girls & Margit/Kokoro.

At this point of my play through I straight up skipped the h - scenes. After doing Kokoro and Margit's routes where it felt like I was playing a poor nukige than anything else, I was tired of it. Yamato likes ass, so do I, the CG's were pretty ROCK, but there was to much of it. Yamato has way to much stamina, holy was there a lot of sex. Luckily, once I skipped the h - scenes, I found my self enjoying the dialogue. It felt like what I wanted from Majikoi, samurai girls, flirting, and some good laughs. I was pretty pissed by Margit's route actually. While I loved some of the CG's here route was literally fucking the whole time. Once I finished it and her "continued" route I was really wanting something more. Luckily, I believe the Majikoi A - series has her future route or something of the sort. While it may just be another fuck fest, I have hope.

Next Tsubame, Monshiro, and Childhood.

These routes really carried Majikoi S. Sex was at a moderate level, conflict was there, flirting levels high, and it ended just like how I would want Majikoi to end. By that I mean, no actual threat. While the Liangxxx (I can't recall the exact name) certainly beat the shit out of some people and the Kuki's had a revolt it was under control. Some people may not like that kind of thing but it gives me peace of mind and when I read Majikoi all I really want is to have fun. And may I say Mon-sama's CG's were ROCK&ROLL, her whole route was really.

While I complain a lot about the amount of sex in Majikoi S, I still found myself having fun the majority of the time. And since the CG's were pretty top notch in most cases, yeah nvm still bummed about some of the routes. Hopefully A - series will improve on Maijikoi and continue to make it enjoyable.

Time to pick my next read! I was having issues installing Steins;Gate in the past so maybe I will pick something else. #lazy

Thinking about Fate/Stay Night, Ever17, or Forest, thoughts?

Started Tenkiame (AstralAir is on hold for now...). I guess it's quite nice for a (practically) moege. Similar to Nekopara it also have animated sprites, and I don't really like them in Tenkiame, just like I didn't liked them in Nekopara. Especially lip sync is just dreadful (maybe I should call it 'lip desync' :P). Still, visuals are ok overall, and music adds quite a lot to the calm mood, which is main value of this VN.

If you've never read F/SN, please do. I know it's kinda cliche at this point in VN History, but it's one of the big ones, and it needs to be read.

Reading Majikoi myself, the first one, I think Cookie needed his own route. The most famous voice actor in the entire cast and he's a bit character.

"S"he

Cookie gets more action in S. Cookie may even have a route in the A series.

Started Irotoridori no sekai, which gives off a similar feeling like Hoshizora no Memoria, Favourites previous work, that I really enjoyed.

I haven't read much so far, but Shinku already beats Mea. Mea was just a brat without much personality, Shinku has way more impact.

Let's see how the other characters will turn out.

If you've never read F/SN, please do. I know it's kinda cliche at this point in VN History, but it's one of the big ones, and it needs to be read.

Reading Majikoi myself, the first one, I think Cookie needed his own route. The most famous voice actor in the entire cast and he's a bit character.

Cookie does get a route in the A series, although it's a different version.

Kazama family's Cookie does get in the action though on her "4th form" for some sweet threesome scenes.

Also it's funny when Cookie 2nd form talks. Reminds me of Lelouch from Code Geass. Same voice actor. xD

Didn't mean as a sex route or a romance route, but more of an epic back story.

Oh well uhhhh not happening with Majikoi, probably. 

How well does FSN do on the romance part? I know that most people really don't like the h - scenes but disregarding that, how well does the game do, when it comes to the relationships between the characters? Ever 17 right now looks more appealing tbh.

Didn't mean as a sex route or a romance route, but more of an epic back story.

Cookie is Cookie, they already blown it out of proportions by introducing the 4th form and giving it a route.... You cant really expect much story from Majikoi outside of Bushido Plan/Agave route. Like errrr the game boasts for having the longest H scenes and multiple climaxes to the point of being borderline nukige.

Decided to go ahead and play Ever 17 The Out of Infinity. Looking at it compared to my other options for some reason it stuck out. I hear it is supposed to be reeaaallly good, one can hope. 

Would you guys/gals recommend playing it with or with out a walk through for my first go? I rarely choose not to use a walk through as it gives me a sense of comfort. 

Decided to go ahead and play Ever 17 The Out of Infinity. Looking at it compared to my other options for some reason it stuck out. I hear it is supposed to be reeaaallly good, one can hope. 

Would you guys/gals recommend playing it with or with out a walk through for my first go? I rarely choose not to use a walk through as it gives me a sense of comfort. 

I'd say play it without one first, then play it with a walkthrough, but that's basically how I do every VN.

OK, liking the feel Ever 17 gives off so far but I need some clarification. Do you play as "Kid" and Takeshi? One minute I guess I am Takeshi and then someone else? Then I meet Takeshi again after you get shoved off the elevator when I didn't even know we switched characters... Anyone willing to sum up the first part of the game up the when "Kid" was talking to the Park Staff and Takeshi comes running up to ask "Kid" if he has seen his three friends? 

Please?  :kosame:

OK, liking the feel Ever 17 gives off so far but I need some clarification. Do you play as "Kid" and Takeshi? One minute I guess I am Takeshi and then someone else? Then I meet Takeshi again after you get shoved off the elevator when I didn't even know we switched characters... Anyone willing to sum up the first part of the game up the when "Kid" was talking to the Park Staff and Takeshi comes running up to ask "Kid" if he has seen his three friends? 

Please?  :kosame:

You switch between the two at first, and your first(?) choice determines whom you'll be playing from that point on.

But basically

Takeshi can't find his friends and Kid can't remember anything :makina:

And IIRC the UI changes a little when you switch characters, though that might just be me misremembering.

You switch between the two at first, and your first(?) choice determines whom you'll be playing from that point on.

But basically

Takeshi can't find his friends and Kid can't remember anything :makina:

And IIRC the UI changes a little when you switch characters, though that might just be me misremembering.

Thanks Flut Flut ~~ doesn't help I am tired as balls and then they throw that at me lol

Update:

To tired. I will start Ever 17 over again tomorrow I can't tell what the hell is going on.

Edited by LiquidShu

Taking a bit of a break from Grisaia to play Nocturnal Illusion (the original one). The set-up and behaviour of Miwako in particular is intriguing, but I'm getting soooooo frustrated trying to look around everything before I can continue.

I'm using a walkthrough, and I still can't figure out what the room with the rusty knob is. EDIT: Moments after I typed that, I realised that the walkthrough I was using had a sodding map -.-