What are you playing?

There's just no reason not to read Cartagra first! Especially if you plan on reading KnS2, which builds off of the Cartagra characters and story even more. Cartagra isn't the greatest VN out there but it's worth reading, you'll do yourself a disservice if you read the games out of order or skip it completely.

Edited by Decay

There's just no reason not to read Cartagra first! Especially if you plan on reading KnS2, which builds off of the Cartagra characters and story even more. Cartagra isn't the greatest VN out there but it's worth reading, you'll do yourself a disservice if you read the games out of order or skip it completely.

Basically I just have KnS on my pc already and I'm kinda short on time, so I don't really feel like waiting for the DL of cartagra at the moment. I will read Cartagra, I don't really mind if KnS really spoils me thing or two about it, I'm going in knowing that it probably will do so. I understand that the best experience would probably warrant another order to the act of reading this series, but that's just how it is for me I guess.

It's not so much that it spoils you on Cartagra, just that there are some moments in KnS1 that are less impactful if you don't do so. It's actually ultimately not that big of a thing, but since both games are out now I feel obligated to let people know about this, since there have been a number of people who have inadvertently made this mistake. Apparently the events of Cartagra play a bigger role in KnS2.

intending to make use of my current cold (thanks the gods XD) & therefore marathoning down my current backlog - just finished amagasa´s midnight hymns 2 and going to continue my paused read of liar soft´s fairytale requiem as soon as possible, before my health recovers and i´m forced of going to work again :/

CRtPQSkXAAA7Jqk.jpg
edit: kyoko-chan (left) was so adoreable, it even hurt at times XD

Finished Majikoi. I still stand by my opinion that it's basically just Little Busters crossed with Osananajimi wa Daitouryou. I mean, you have the red-haired girl that's like an animal, the overpowered black-haired older sister, the foreign student brought up by a japanophile, the isolated blue-haired girl, the leader that comes and goes as he pleases, the buff idiot, the similarly strong guy who pretends to not want to be part of the group but actually does, etc.Some of the routes I rather enjoyed but the drama still felt a little forced because of the silliness of the entire setting. I still enjoyed it but definitely not worth the hype :P

This more or less aligns with how I feel about Majikoi... it is surprising how often it hits the same chords as Little Busters!, when it's revolving around the importance of the bond between a group of friends, but the drama really sucks in comparison. Obviously the goals are decidedly different (it is emphatically not a nakige), and I guess it's just coincidental that many of the themes are shared, but I can't help but draw the same comparison, and Little Busters! is just much more my style than Majikoi.

From me: I just finished Symphonic Rain (which was approximately the best thing ever!) for the October reading club and am deciding what to do now. November and the associated reading club are coming soon, but I still have a bit of time, so I'm thinking of reading fault:milestone one in the time until the next reading club starts up, but I'm open to suggestions, especially for short VNs.

Demonbane.

I had stalled it quite a time back and got back to it last week. I finally finished my first route(Al Azif). It was a great ride, really liked the way it slowly revealed the stuff. There's a lot of left unanswered which will probably be cleared in the other routes. But the vn is pretty long, wonder if the other routes are as long as this one.

I totally hadn't expected there to be two loops really. I was completely surprised when I realized second loop, the moment Nya called Kurou and Al as Elder Gods. 

hahaha thats been only by chance, as they´re usually alot cuter & sensually looking, like its amagsa´s strength. the one i posted above directly follows this one, but i simply loved their expressions XD

Hidden Content

That peace/Victory sign is quite iconic especially in NTR and gangbang eroges. Does that game contain the latter? 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Someone recently mentioned Everlasting Summer in the chat and I thought it looked somewhat interesting and ended up reading it. I finished the last route yesterday and while it's not the best visual novel I have played it did very pleasantly surprise me.

After finishing the first route I did feel a bit disappointed in how predictable it ended but i kept going mostly to see what the Harem/Yulya route would be like and I do not regret it. It was nice to see that they actually had come up with a somewhat good and original reason for going through more or less the same events multiple times.

It was also sort of nice that in the end you sort of got to pick your own main heroine, not that it mattered much and even if I sort of hoped for a nice little epilogue with Yulya.

Even if it the art is not the best (well the backgrounds are really nice), the very limited H-scenes are disappointing and it's far from the greatest visual novel in the world,I would recommend it, if not anything else at least reading one route and skipping through the rest to read the Yulya route. It is really nice to see something somewhat original that doesn't necessarily rely too much on the same plot devices that are in every other or so visual novel out there.

hahaha thats been only by chance, as they´re usually alot cuter & sensually looking, like its amagsa´s strength. the one i posted above directly follows this one, but i simply loved their expressions XD

Hidden Content

That peace/Victory sign is quite iconic especially in NTR and gangbang eroges. Does that game contain the latter? 

usually also the girls that has "im a slut, please fuck me <3"
"make me pregnant please" written on their bodies.

Or maybe its just me reading really disturbing stuff I dunno lel

Edited by Kawasumi

Finishing up routes from my backlog (Golden Marriage, Amakano, Traveling Stars) - note, I play in original Japanese - currently waiting for Primal Hearts 2 to come out in a few days.  I enjoyed the first game, but judging from the demo I think I'm going to like the characters in the second one even more.

Edited by Salurian

So I finally broke ans started going through Kara no Shoujo with a walkthrough to get everything before I move onto the second one... and there appears to be quite some stuff I've missed. The flag system in this VN is ridiculous, I had no idea some of those branches even existed. Really hoping it is less opaque in the second one, but at the same time I don't want them to dumb it down too much. all this would really take is get rid of the invisible triggers that screw you over simply by clicking on something in the wrong order, and maybe go a bit lighter on the map movement...

The important thing to note with Kara no Shoujo is you have to be very thorough searching the bodies, and realize it'll let you leave without finding key evidence.  Kara no Shoujo 2 I felt wasn't as bad about it, but as I recall the mechanic was still there.

Yeah. The mechanic does make perfect sense, it is just the fact that it automatically forces you out if you accidentally click the wrong trigger that's a problem. You know it's pretty bad when the first suggestion after typing 殻ノ少女 攻略 into Google is 何かの切れ端. Still a very fun system save for that little thing, I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in a bad end hell in KnS2. Glad to hear they improved it at least a little bit, it might really be all it needed.

Edited by Vokoca