IPB 4: Info and Error Reporting

FORUMS APP

• Spoiler BBCode as it exists now doesn’t work as well as the last one. Ex: You need to delete an entire spoiler if you want to delete it because to the BBCode problem. Since you can't edit raw code, you have to copy content, delete all spoiler and then paste.

This should be changed to all bbcodes work wonkily or are a pain in the ass to use now. You used to be able to backspace/highlight and delete quotes, now its a pain in the ass.  You have to hover over the non-distinct border until the little red bar appears that lets you insert a line, then delete forwards to kill the code.

Please change this if at all possible.  It makes editing layered quotes nigh on impossible.  This is solved by the raw BBC editor, but I didn't have to use that before.

Edit: P.S. "Insert other media" down at the bottom of the post says "insert image from url", is it possible to change that to "insert media from url"? or something along those lines? I was confused at first on how to embed a YT video, and I'm pretty sure this is how you would embed a sound file too.

Edited by Abyssal Monkey

umm, i know the problems about the notifications system are known I just dont know how much about it is known.
So just to add my two pennies to the pot on that.

It seems it is inpossible to recieve a proper notification for me, the only thing that comes close to the old system is when i set it to ''send me a notification when new content is posted''.
there is just one problem with doing that tough, and that is that it also sends me a email everytime someone makes a comment on one of the threats i follow.
which kind of floods my email box with what is in that cause essentially spam.

Dont get me wrong, i dont mind recieving email from fuwa but not one every time a threath is updated, we got a nice and shiny notifications center for that.

there is also this: (dont know if this is already known tough, could not find it in the list)
How do I get from the forums back to the main site?
In the past the button with forum written on it would take you back to the main forum page and the great big logo button would take you to the main site.
But now both seem to take you to the forums. (Is this a feature instead of a bug, or am i just going funny now?)

Is it just me or did you screw up the hyperlink for the donate button? Not like I was going to use it.. Misclicked and nothing happened. Good job nay! :conspiracy:

Naw, that's on purpose for now : ). Have to get a few things fixed, first.

RE: FuwaReviews feed problems --

I like chaos as much as the next guy, but as I had my fill of it with this IPB 4 upgrade, I thought it was probably time to fix the FuwaReviews blog once and for all. After chatting with Ryechu, we made the difficult decision to reboot the FuwaReviews blog so that it ran correctly and the import bot more intelligently grabbed content. 

Tl;dr: FuwaReviews blog feed should be fixed, now. No more walls of Tay. 

... For now.

RE: FuwaReviews feed problems --

I like chaos as much as the next guy, but as I had my fill of it with this IPB 4 upgrade, I thought it was probably time to fix the FuwaReviews blog once and for all. After chatting with Ryechu, we made the difficult decision to reboot the FuwaReviews blog so that it ran correctly and the import bot more intelligently grabbed content. 

Tl;dr: FuwaReviews blog feed should be fixed, now. No more walls of Tay. 

... For now.

I disapprove of this message, and quite liked the deluge of advertising for the FuwaReviews site.

I would like to appeal this decision, even though I may have previously endorsed it.

(Important!)

Talked to Nay: It'll be a solid piece of work to put the IPB 3 board up for us to scour/salvage, but I got him all the files he'll need and he said he'd make time for it within the next day or so. Once that's up, we can go in and grab all the walkthoughs and blog posts which were nuked by the upgrade.

Yes. Please revive the nuked content \( ̄▽ ̄

(Important!)

Talked to Nay: It'll be a solid piece of work to put the IPB 3 board up for us to scour/salvage, but I got him all the files he'll need and he said he'd make time for it within the next day or so. Once that's up, we can go in and grab all the walkthoughs and blog posts which were nuked by the upgrade.

Does this include Original Projects posts?

(Important!)

Does this include Original Projects posts?

Yes. As promised.

It'll be a full copy of the forums made the morning of the day of the upgrade. You won't be able to post in it, but you can go grab all your old content if it disappeared or got messed up and transfer it here.

When using 1366 by 768, everything is huge. It's like I'm browsing on mobile, on my laptop. Switching the theme to the "crappy" default brings the UI back to a useable level (like before the upgrade).

I can't even see the main post on a topic because the banners and announcements are so big.

Look at this fancy link. It shows something odd....

I'm liking the load times and how "modern" it looks though.

On PC FuwaNovel is broken for me, I cant do anything.

1. Had to disable my VPN to get past the DDoS protection.

2. Cant minimize the forums with the "minus button" anymore, it just send me to the top of the page.

3. Chat does not exist anymore. Whenever I enter, the chat is not there, just an empty page.

4. Cant respond to posts or make new posts. The editor refuses to be loaded everywhere, cant even edit my profile.

5. Whenever I hover my mouse over a name, the box does not show.

6. Cant like posts either.

Eveeything seems to work fine on my phone. Which is very weird. I even deleted all history from my browser, but FuwaNovel still bugged.

Edited by XionsProphecy

I can't reply to anything in my normal browser, which is a version of Firefox (you're subjecting me to IE as we speak). Reply boxes in both PMs and topics give me an unclickable box:

WH8fHVX.png

Also, clicking on Notifications or Messages doesn't bring up the drop-down menu; it brings me to the "View all notifications" or "View all messages" pages, or whatever they're called.

Edited by Fiddle

The format painter button is now gone.  I know I could Control+Shift+V, but the shift keys don't work on my laptop, and that makes me sad.

(That's actually a lie, but can we get that button back for when I forget to control shift v and have copy/pasted a bunch of things to a post?  Everything looks awful on Dark Theme if you don't clear the format to default (white text, black background)

The format painter button is now gone.  I know I could Control+Shift+V, but the shift keys don't work on my laptop, and that makes me sad.

(That's actually a lie, but can we get that button back for when I forget to control shift v and have copy/pasted a bunch of things to a post?  Everything looks awful on Dark Theme if you don't clear the format to default (white text, black background)

This button right here is what you're looking for: 7410b5043a.png

Edited by Decay