IPB 4: Info and Error Reporting

I like this update a lot. Currently I am using the mobile version and it's so much better than before. I noticed some new features, like finally being able to view and edit my profile properly and that the themes work (Dark theme <3). And the ability to add attachments to comments is nice as well. I will be checking out the Pc version when I get home and will be checking for exploits and so on. And with themes working on mobile is making me want to work on themes for the forum so much more.

No 'My Content' page,  IPB4 = fail.
But really not having that page makes things reaaaaally inconvenient. That was the page that I had bookmarked and visited the most, so it really doesn't sit well when it's shown as "The page does not exist".

And all the tweaks that made FuwaFabulous so fabulous have disappeared. Switched to Temporal temporarily.

The chat option in the Ignore user settings is removed, that is disappointing.

I expected the upgrade to add the chat to the ignore option properly.

-EDIT-

This is only me being an asshole wanting old stuff back.

Chat has no longer a pop-up option and is smaller compared to before, also the avatars no longer shows up in the chat messages.

oFPE02O.jpg

The cover photo is now extremely small, compared to before, really annoying. Although, the upload for the cover photo is improved.

G3Msvjs.jpg

The message feed in the small box is gone, which is annoying. Please put that back.

ShLDmVb.jpg

Edited by XionsProphecy
Found more "wrong" things

I don't know if it's just me, but even after I un-check "Show that the message has been edited" when I edit my posts, it still shows "edited ..." on the posts.

It also always ticks that box by default which is pretty annoying.

Edit: I guess it's because I'm staff, that's pretty annoying.  But I would like the box not to tick by default on my own post (it doesn't when I edit other people's posts).

Another major thing I'd like to see back is the "clear formatting" option in the text editor. I used it all the time in the previous version to clear text formatting when I copy and pasted stuff. And yes I know I can use ctrl + shift + v but sometimes I just wanted to clear the formatting in specific places after I copied a big chunk of text and not having this option makes that task fairly annoying.

Edited by Nosebleed

I don't know if it's just me, but even after I un-check "Show that the message has been edited", it still shows "edited ..." on the posts.

Can you try editing this post?

Actually, "Staff may still be able to see this" is what it says when I try to edit my post, which should sort of clue you in on the why's.

So I'm permanently going to be able to see how many times I edit something?

Nooooooooooooooooooo.

I guess I'll hand in my resignation notice.

Inconsistent Line Spacing

Added. No ideas.

Possible: text under the quote in some posts disappear?

Added. I'm not having this problem. Who else is seeing this?

Donations Link Not Working

On purpose : ). Haven't configured that, yet.

Rooke's Theme Broken

Good riddance. Ok. That's... weird. Added, in any case.

Likes back to anonymous?

Weird. Just double-checked all the permissions. Is this still happening? If so, please let me know.

Fuwa Recognition Blog RSS broken on other sites

Yeah. Makes sense. I just need to remove them. I'll do it soon. (Though, actually, maybe I wont. I feel like it's my job to make your Reviews Hub as ugly as possible, Ryechu). 

(Note: this also goes for other Fuwa sites, like the blog)

Flash of red before colors reload on FuwaFabulous

Edited the defaults. Not sure why this is happening.

Users can Post threads in TL Projects Forum

Fixed. Bwah ha ha. Can't be allowing people to post freely. No sir. Oppression and red tape. Now that's what we need.

There's no longer a "Back to top" button underneath every post

Tragedy. 

But... Added.

The chat option in the Ignore user settings is removed

As in ignoring certain chatters?

Chat has no longer a pop-up option 

Chat is getting a huge update soon from Invision. In the meantime, I can configure it so that whenever you click the "Chat" app, it DOES pop out, but it'll pop out for everyone. 

I'll turn it on right now and you can tell me if you like the change or not.

Chat is smaller compared to before, also the avatars no longer shows up in the chat messages.

Agreed. This is no bueno. Something Nay will need to help me fix (page CSS and stuff).

Profile cover photo is now extremely small, compared to before, really annoying. Although, the upload for the cover photo is improved.

I have to think it's possible to make them bigger.... but yeah, that's something we'll look into.

The message feed in the small box is gone, which is annoying. Please put that back.

You posted a picture of this, but I can't figure out what's wrong. Can you explain it to me like I was five? Or Rooke?

Ghost Editing showing up for staff

I'm annoyed by the edit notations as well. Is this our price for unlimited cosmic powers? Also: all users should now have the power to ghost edit their posts.

Clear Formatting Button

Added it back, Nosebleed, along with a post w/out formatting code

Oh and I have no access to anything inside the Admin CP either.

I wanted to fix the logo for the dark theme~

Done on purpose. You have been fired and scheduled for execution.

... Also, this is b/c I've been modifying the ACP access secondary permission group b/c it was causing havoc. I'll try to get this fixed today.

Edited by Tay

Oh and I have no access to anything inside the Admin CP either.

I wanted to fix the logo for the dark theme~

Done on purpose. You have been fired and scheduled for execution.

... Also, this is b/c I've been modifying the ACP access secondary permission group b/c it was causing havoc. I'll try to get this fixed today.

Fair enough.

Oh and one other thing, I really think permission restrictions should be lifted from the TL projects and the Original VNs boards so that anyone can make threads in there.
I've already made huge paragraphs in the staff board on why these restrictions are more of a hindrance than anything so you can read those if you want.
TL;DR: Seems like a silly restriction to have in place, developers/project leaders are capable people and can post their own threads in the correct boards; if the threads don't meet the set standards, they can just be moved back to the correct board.

Edited by Nosebleed

BMs Can't Move/Merge/Lock/Etc: 

Fixed BM Permissions

NOTIFICATIONS

I think I fixed the options! Can I get some people to go into their notifications settings and see if the options are unlocked and the defaults changed around, as requested?

Oppression of the masses: can't post to TL/Dev boards directly

I'm okay giving that a try, @Nosebleed. I'll make the change now, but the inevitable bloodbath will rest on your conscience, not mine.

RE: MISSING "MY CONTENT" BUTTON

I need some explanation about what you're missing compared to the new system. I didn't use "My Content" much, so I don't know. In the new system it looks like you have way more control, now: Go to your (or anyone's) profile page, click the "See My Activity" button, and then on the left-hand-side sort options, click topics, or posts, etc. 

Example: Tay's Profile: My Content: Topics (Link) 

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/profile/221-tay/?do=content&type=forums_topic&change_section=1

Oppression of the masses: can't post to TL/Dev boards directly

I'm okay giving that a try, @Nosebleed. I'll make the change now, but the inevitable bloodbath will rest on your conscience, not mine.

Fairly sure the change had already been implemented. I think.

I can also mess with the notifications. Except for the messenger ones.

Additionally, the missing "Liked Content" page still exists after all. http://forums.fuwanovel.net/profile/221-tay/reputation/?type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

I don't know exactly what people are complaining about with the "my content" button either since this version lets you browse and filter your threads/posts so much more easily. The previous version was a mess.

The only thing I'd mention is kind of a bummer is the fact that there's no built-in search so you can type out the name of a thread/post and look for it among your own threads/posts.

However, you can use the normal search button to search by author, so I guess that's that.

Oh and since you asked in the OP, yes you do get a notification if you're tagged in a post and have that notification option enabled in your settings:

2R3fqzp.png

However, regular notifications for when someone comments on a thread you're following are still not working.

Edited by Nosebleed

Oh and since you asked in the OP, yes you do get a notification if you're tagged in a post and have that notification option enabled in your settings:

2R3fqzp.png

However, regular notifications for when someone comments on a thread you're following are still not working.

Will you check your notifications screen real quick? With the changes I made, you SHOULD now be able to choose to get notifications whenever somebody comments in a thread or post you're following.

2R3fqzp.png

Will you check your notifications screen real quick? With the changes I made, you SHOULD now be able to choose to get notifications whenever somebody comments in a thread or post you're following.

Yeah I did just now.

5uPjgn1.png