IPB 4: Info and Error Reporting

I thought the search function had been improved, but it's actually giving me a really hard time.

I wanted to look for a previous "anime openings" thread we had and I typed in "anime op" in the search, limiting the search to show topics only, and I get 700+ pages of posts (not threads), most of which have nothing to do with what I searched or just mention the word "anime".

I thought maybe it's the term "anime" that's just too general, so I tried something super specific and searched for "salt appreciation" and I get 5 results, 3 of which are, once again, actual posts and not topics from the salt appreciation thread, and one other that's from the Love Live thread that also mentions "salt" once.

So basically when you select "topics" as a filter, it's actually lumping together topics AND posts, this makes for searching threads a really big hassle.

Not saying there isn't a problem, but you could perhaps not be searching as efficiently as possible. You could use quotation marks to search for an exact phrase for example. Searching for "Anime Openings" in quotes yields this: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/search/?q="anime+openings"

Oddly enough, it says that there are 0 results. Then it proceeds to list the results, one of which is the 2013 anime OP/ED thread by solidbatman (is that what you're looking for?).

I had no idea you could do that here.
Interesting, I guess IPB implemented the same tagging system as Sad Panda, good thing I'm used to it. :Kappa:

And it wasn't that thread, but I found the thread I wanted which was this one (hence why I searched op and not opening).
Thanks for the tip, Decay.

Although if you search for a single word you're still in a bind.

Oh yeah, speaking of buggy URLs, here's something I found last night and promptly forgot about. It's probably a bug in the core invision code and thus not fixable but I figure I'll report it anyways.

Add img tags, then between them add a url to an image. It tries to paste that url as a link. Then around the tags click with the mouse or press the arrow keys with the cursor over them, and watch as it adds junk characters to the post.

7b209c5ed8.png

The image will still be properly embedded, however.

fvsLX0A.gif

I should probably point out that 'Likes' are still anonymous if you're signed out of the forums. It's not a big deal, you can identify who's fist-bumping whom by signing in but I just thought I'd mention it.

Fixed

For whatever reason, when I hit "Reply to this topic", I got a copy of my previous post. Here is a video of that. I can do it over and over again, even after closing Chrome.

From what I gathered, this new version of IPB caches the post you were writing, so even if you accidentally close the tab and then come back, you can hit reply and it'll have the post there in its entirety which is a pretty neat feature.

Not sure if this is the case for you but if you delete the message it shouldn't pop up again.

For whatever reason, when I hit "Reply to this topic", I got a copy of my previous post. Here is a video of that. I can do it over and over again, even after closing Chrome.

Anyway, can confirm that Backer photos are not showing properly:  http://i58.tinypic.com/2r44j1z.jpg

Re: Profile Cover Pics -- try clicking the "reposition" button, now. The display area is small and I hope to make it bigger, but for now all you need to do is reposition

Hello,

my thread in Original Project has had a good part of it being deleted since the update, moslty the pictures & spoilers included. I'd like to know if it was possible to have it back in some way or do I have to edit it again myself ?

Edited by Nahilys

Can't put my finger on it - but something about the new look isn't sitting well with my eyes - new font styles? I don't know. Maybe something with the scaling? I'll have to poke around and figure it out. (I am partly blind, so it might just be me :P)

EDIT: Also, is this space for a personalized banner pic? Or just a victim of scaling?

oGdnOoh.png

I cant see content on a thread, it shows up compleatly empty

This is the page I am having issues with and have tried checking to see if it is a problem on my computer and not the forum

forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/721-katawa-shoujo/

Dang. All sorts of dang.

I'm working with Nayleen to put up a copy of the old forums into our forums test page. That'll at least let us go in and get the old data and transfer it to the new forums.

Apologies, everybody, for the hiccups. I did everything I could to minimize the pain of the transition, but that doesn't make it any easier.

(Important!)

Talked to Nay: It'll be a solid piece of work to put the IPB 3 board up for us to scour/salvage, but I got him all the files he'll need and he said he'd make time for it within the next day or so. Once that's up, we can go in and grab all the walkthoughs and blog posts which were nuked by the upgrade.

I think our reviews bot is borked. It really really wants us to read reviews, so it decided to post like 10 blog entries under your name Taylor 

Later tonight I'll give it a reboot (aka: I'll create a new blog by the reviews bot user, transfer key entries over to the new blog, and then delete the old one. That's the only way to prevent it from posting as me, unfortunately).