PETA statement about cat girls

Guest -Shizuku-

Guest -Shizuku-

isAZ7.jpg

So I was wandering on internet looking for some fun and I actually found some. PETA statement about this seems a bit (bit!) reasonable BUT in my opinion only if we take from people ability to distinguish an actual pet and a character with a trait that is for said animal typical.

As my friend said "It is technically true, but people have this wonderful thing called brain and morality."

What do you think about this fellow fuwa members :D? Does catgirl sexualization indulge and promotes sexual behavior towards actual animals or not? (because I think it's bullshit as big as possible)

>People's ability to distinguish a pet and a fictional character

There are no anthropomorphic creatures in real life...

If you actually somehow confuse a real life cat with a catgirl, you have a serious mental disorder and should probably get checked up and I don't think anime can really be the cause for that.

Guest -Shizuku-

Things like this are outrageous and comes of simple boredome, some people doesn't have anything to do with their lifes so they come up with those ^_^

Wait...the fact that PETA is unbelievably stupid is surprising?  I thought that was common knowledge  :P

All they do is produce sexual or sensationalist crap in order to get as much attention as possible.  I just ignore them, because everything they say is completely ridiculous.  Unless an anime character is straight up raping a cat onscreen (pretty unlikely) and saying how good it feels to rape a cat, then no, anime with catgirls in them do not advocate for animal abuse and rape.  Catgirls are not cats, and anyone with a rational brain and working eyes can tell the difference.  PETA is just being PETA, ignore them and move on.

seriously?

The PETA very amazing.

It didn't occur me even once about abusing animal is coming from Japanese anime Cat girl (promoting)......

(I wonder how/what make the person think that  :makina:  )

btw, why only cat girl?

what about bunny girl? didn't apply?

@Flutterz: I would just leave it as “prejudiced.” Or "discriminatory." Race is a word referring to the different categories of human-kind, and hybrids have always been treated as a different species (e.g. for example mules, or ligers [which are cool.]) There IS such a word as "speciesist" but I don't think the definition is what you want.

I suppose, but at the same time

race

1. A group of people identified as distinct from other groups because of supposed physical or genetic traits shared by the group. Most biologists and anthropologists do not recognize race as a biologically valid classification, in part because there is more genetic variation within groups than between them.

And despite being hybrids I think they fit the definition of a group of people that are distinct because of physical or genetic traits.