PETA statement about cat girls

Guest -Shizuku-

And despite being hybrids I think they fit the definition of a group of people that are distinct because of physical or genetic traits.

Yes, but people are defined as a group of human beings, the human bit is actually one of the important points of the definition. It's what separates it from words like "pride" which define a group of lions. It's like saying: "you could call a bunch of lions people, because they fit the definition... except for the bit about them being lions."

Yes, but people are defined as a group of human beings, the human bit is actually one of the important points of the definition. It's what separates it from words like "pride" which define a group of lions. It's like saying: "you could call a bunch of lions people, because they fit the definition... except for the bit about them being lions."

How much human is not enough human? Catgirls are, at least based on how they look, around 80% human, which is way more human than lions.

Looks are deceptive. Cat DNA and Human DNA are different, which would make any hybrids fundamentally different. I'm guessing also impossible, but importantly different.

And now we're talking about Cat-girl biology, who started this... XD

Apparently humans share about 90% of their DNA with cats anyway, so it's not that different. :P I should get a degree in catgirl biology... I'll go study the subject a bit now  :Kappa:

Apparently humans share about 90% of their DNA with cats anyway, so it's not that different. :P I should get a degree in catgirl biology... I'll go study the subject a bit now  :Kappa:

Humans share most of their DNA with just about any animal on earth, only takes us 1 or 2 percents in DNA difference for us to become a completely different specie 

PETA is simply a click bait organization at this point, who at times will sometimes do a good thing. At the end of the day though, they are essentially a company looking for money. 

Besides, this image is pretty old. And people who care about PETA hate you anyway so don't fret 

Guest -Shizuku-

Well if we talk about things like this - hybrids are of different species, can't even get cub within it's specie. Dunno if it's right but in anime world cat girl would have no problem of getting a child with human male so we can safely call it a race of human specie :D 

Well if we talk about things like this - hybrids are of different species, can't even get cub within it's specie. Dunno if it's right but in anime world cat girl would have no problem of getting a child with human male so we can safely call it a race of human specie :D

SCIENCE

Let me fix this up so people who don't want to try to decipher this less than fluent English can understand:

The biological definition of species requires that two individuals can mate and produce fertile offspring.  This is why we consider lions and tigers different species even though they can mate and have the liger, as the liger is sterile, and subsequently why ligers themselves aren't a species.  Because in fiction we have seen countless examples of catgirls mating with humans, they by definition, are not a different species.

Guest -Shizuku-

Let me fix this up so people who don't want to try to decipher this less than fluent English can understand:

The biological definition of species requires that two individuals can mate and produce fertile offspring.  This is why we consider lions and tigers different species even though they can mate and have the liger, as the liger is sterile, and subsequently why ligers themselves aren't a species.  Because in fiction we have seen countless examples of catgirls mating with humans, they by definition, are not a different species.

It's late here and I didn't care too much so with all respect spare me this shit. (Or... maybe you did it to build up your self esteem?? )

I'm calling BS on the OP until proven otherwise. Contrary to popular belief, a graphic that looks like a snapshot is NOT proof that an event occurred. Anyone with some graphics editing skills could fake an image like that.

If you want to laugh at the *actual* PETA in action, look no further than this.

I'm calling BS on the OP until proven otherwise. Contrary to popular belief, a graphic that looks like a snapshot is NOT proof that an event occurred. Anyone with some graphics editing skills could fake an image like that.

That is a lie, everyone knows that screenshots are always 100% legit.

Seems like something they'd say; it sure is stupid enough.  I'll try to find the source.

Even PETA has better things to do than fighting fictional crimes--like fighting animal research which kills hundreds of innocent animals every day.

I did a quick web search and saw nothing to suggest this wasn't a prank just to make fun of PETA, reposted again and again to fool gullible anime fans.