Recent (Japanese) Things You Have Purchased

Tatsujin

May post pics later but right now I don't plan to. 

Got some AKB48 goods from Japan not to long ago. 

- Wallscroll

- Mousepad

- Book Cover

- AKB48 Chocolate Tin

- Some key chains

- misc stuff

My AKB48 collection is continuing to grow ~ 

Pretty sure I mentioned this before but I can't recall, but I also got Youkai watch figures/toy things. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In the process of getting a physical copy of Rose Guns Days - Last Season off of Amazon.co.jp through a reshipper (Dv8Cag).  I was irritated about MangaGamer not selling the digital version on their site anymore, and decided to just buy it this way.  I find it a little strange that they're unwilling to sell physical copies of an all-ages VN outside of Japan, but whatever.  I'll be sure to post pics when I get it.

I'm so jealous of all the awesome stuff being posted on here! I was wondering if anyone could tell me of some trusted websites you can buy Japanese stuff from? I'd greatly appreciate it!

I have a few anime figures I've received as gifts for birthdays and Christmases etc that I'll post pictures of in here when I'm home next and have the chance. ^_^

2 hours ago, Forgetful Frank said:

I'm so jealous of all the awesome stuff being posted on here! I was wondering if anyone could tell me of some trusted websites you can buy Japanese stuff from? I'd greatly appreciate it!

I have a few anime figures I've received as gifts for birthdays and Christmases etc that I'll post pictures of in here when I'm home next and have the chance. ^_^

Well I really only buy VNs so its mostly just Amazon.co.jp for me with like tenso shipping it.

But one site I know has a lot of different stuff, and that I have had a very positive experience with myself is AmiAmi.com

Recently got my special edition of Miagete goran, yozora no hoshi o. Its so beautiful :kosame: A little out of focus though. 

Not ashamed to say, I´ve listened to the entire soundtrack 3 times. :P 

Spoiler

XKdP4HB.jpg

4 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Well I really only buy VNs so its mostly just Amazon.co.jp for me with like tenso shipping it.

But one site I know has a lot of different stuff, and that I have had a very positive experience with myself is AmiAmi.com

Recently got my special edition of Miagete goran, yozora no hoshi o. Its so beautiful :kosame: A little out of focus though. 

Hide contents

XKdP4HB.jpg

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll be sure to check them out! ^_^

I never realised I could just go to the Japanese version of Amazon (I shop the UK version all the time) and order from there!

My main problem will probably be that I have to remember to calculate the VAT I'll be forced to pay. /sigh :(

It really is beautiful! I haven't really looked at what a VN looks like as a physical copy since the one's I own are all digital. But I did imagine in order to play more VN's legally (I'm not comfortable torrenting anything) I'll have to order some from Japan so I actually have the game to use the fan-translated patches for. ^_^

That VN looks interesting to me and catches my eye from its packaging. I'll have to look it up!

4 hours ago, Forgetful Frank said:

I never realised I could just go to the Japanese version of Amazon (I shop the UK version all the time) and order from there!

Do note what Dergonu said about Tenso - you won't be able to buy anything 18+ (like most VNs) from amazon.co.jp with an international address. But Tenso will give you a Japanese address and "re-ship" the item to you. There are other companies as well, but I also use Tenso; very reliable, never had any problems with them (and at this point I've bought quite a lot of stuff from amazon.co.jp shipped through them...).

4 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Do note what Dergonu said about Tenso - you won't be able to buy anything 18+ (like most VNs) from amazon.co.jp with an international address. But Tenso will give you a Japanese address and "re-ship" the item to you. There are other companies as well, but I also use Tenso; very reliable, never had any problems with them (and at this point I've bought quite a lot of stuff from amazon.co.jp shipped through them...).

Ah right, I see! Thanks for clarifying that, I did notice the phrase 'Tenso' but I initially assumed it was a shipping option from Amazon itself. So I take it that it's safe to purchase VN's that have no 18+ content directly from Amazon JP, but if they do, I'll have to go through Tenso?

16 minutes ago, Forgetful Frank said:

Ah right, I see! Thanks for clarifying that, I did notice the phrase 'Tenso' but I initially assumed it was a shipping option from Amazon itself. So I take it that it's safe to purchase VN's that have no 18+ content directly from Amazon JP, but if they do, I'll have to go through Tenso?

Amazon JP doesn't ship computer software outside the country all-ages or not. Also I think it doesn't ship most of the 18+ stuff like wall scrolls etc. but sometimes it does. It's kinda weird what 18+ content it allows and what not. 

10 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Amazon JP doesn't ship computer software outside the country all-ages or not. Also I think it doesn't ship most of the 18+ stuff like wall scrolls but sometimes it does. It's kinda weird what 18+ content it allows and what not. 

Thanks for confirming that with me! :)

I'll be sure to bear Tenso in mind for when the time comes for me to order something from there. ^_^

3 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Amazon JP doesn't ship computer software outside the country all-ages or not.

I can confirm this.  I'm buying Rose Guns Days, which is all-ages, and I wasn't able to ship it to the US.  Blanket ban on any VN being sold outside of Japan too stronk.

Tenso kinda scared me off, I have to say.  I didn't want to give them pictures of my ID and other info like that because it makes me incredibly nervous to hand out info like that.  I'll say how my experience was with Dv8Cag when I get my copy of RGD.

17 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

I can confirm this.  I'm buying Rose Guns Days, which is all-ages, and I wasn't able to ship it to the US.  Blanket ban on any VN being sold outside of Japan too stronk.

Tenso kinda scared me off, I have to say.  I didn't want to give them pictures of my ID and other info like that because it makes me incredibly nervous to hand out info like that.  I'll say how my experience was with Dv8Cag when I get my copy of RGD.

Truthfully? Tenso requires you to provide them with an image of your ID in order to use their reshipping services? While I'm no where near as paranoid about revealing my real identity like some of my close friends, I still prefer to keep my personal information to myself and only for the utmost important legal things; hearing about that is actually scaring me off if I'm honest. I'm sure they provide a good service as others have mentioned earlier, but I'm not too sure whether I'm personally comfortable with handing out that kind of private information like that. :unsure:

I'd definitely be interested in hearing about your experience with this other supplier and appreciate it. ^_^

2 hours ago, Forgetful Frank said:

Truthfully? Tenso requires you to provide them with an image of your ID in order to use their reshipping services? While I'm no where near as paranoid about revealing my real identity like some of my close friends, I still prefer to keep my personal information to myself and only for the utmost important legal things; hearing about that is actually scaring me off if I'm honest. I'm sure they provide a good service as others have mentioned earlier, but I'm not too sure whether I'm personally comfortable with handing out that kind of private information like that. :unsure:

I'd definitely be interested in hearing about your experience with this other supplier and appreciate it. ^_^

They do, yes.  I remember it saying that if I bought anything using my "Japanese address" before I verified my identity then they wouldn't ship it out and would just store it in their warehouse.  You can use other things besides your ID, apparently, I just don't really want to give them anything  :sachi:

1 minute ago, Zenophilious said:

They do, yes.  I remember it saying that if I bought anything using my "Japanese address" before I verified my identity then they wouldn't ship it out and would just store it in their warehouse.  You can use other things besides your ID, apparently, I just don't really want to give them anything  :sachi:

I completely agree with you, thanks for letting me know! ^_^

If I recall correctly, Tenso asks for proof of name, age, and address, on some sort of reasonable official document. A copy of a utility bill, for instance, is sufficient for name and address, but a copy of an ID of some sort is usually the only way to get the proof of age. I totally get the concerns - identity theft is a pretty reasonable thing to be afraid of. All I can say is that they seem to be on the up-and-up.

I'm also eager to hear the results of the service you're trying out, Zeno - anything that makes importing VNs easier and less worrying for people is goodness.

11 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

If I recall correctly, Tenso asks for proof of name, age, and address, on some sort of reasonable official document. A copy of a utility bill, for instance, is sufficient for name and address, but a copy of an ID of some sort is usually the only way to get the proof of age. I totally get the concerns - identity theft is a pretty reasonable thing to be afraid of. All I can say is that they seem to be on the up-and-up.

I'm also eager to hear the results of the service you're trying out, Zeno - anything that makes importing VNs easier and less worrying for people is goodness.

I completely agree, well said. I'd probably give Tenso a chance since plenty of people have recommended them. But I'd definitely prefer Zeno's way if he can recommend his reshipper for the identity issue.

On 1/14/2016 at 10:20 AM, Forgetful Frank said:

If figures is what you're looking for, I mainly go to amiami.com. They've got a huge range of them and usually cheaper. They're also up to date with new ones. Remember to look at who manufactured the figure to make sure you get quality work, because there are some lesser quality companies listed there.