Is there a personality, physical or other trait common among most of your favorite/best girl in VNs?

Are they usually the tsundere? The one with long black hair? The canon (or most likely canon) love interest? The most badass one? The non-datable minor character? 

If there's no common trait you can find feel free to post some best girls to see if people can find something.

I tend to like the nice/friendly/happy girls with maybe a dose of energeticness or weirdness.

Examples:

• Kotori and Shizuru from Rewrite
  • Asuho from Hoshimemo
  • Risa from Wanko to Kurasou
  • Tsubaki from G-sen
  • Wanko from MajiKoi
  • Emi from Katawa Shoujo
  • Sakura from Fate/Stay
  • Phorni from Symphonic Rain
  • Rise from Princess Evangile

There are likely to be exceptions (which I said most) so if a few of your bests don't mix with the others that's ok.

Momoyo, Mayu and Margit from Majikoi 

Yumiko from Grisaia

Kagome and Hisoka from Coμ

Kosame and Komomo from Hoshizora

Neon from Gahktun

Haru and Yuki from G-Senjou

They're all headstrong, strong willed and independent. Fierce and rough in some cases lol [maybe sadistic:makina:].

Physical trends, Long hair, Tall, Athletic, Hosome eyes

6 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Momoyo, Mayu and Margit from Majikoi 

Yumiko from Grisaia

Kagome and Hisoka from Coμ

Kosame and Komomo from Hoshizora

Haru and Yuki from G-Senjou

They're all headstrong, strong willed and independent. Fierce and rough in some cases lol [maybe sadistic:makina:].

Physical trends, Long hair, Tall, Athletic, Hosome eyes

Well seems you have my same tastes! :sacchan: who would've thought, though you did save me the effort of typing it and putting the examples :sachi: (You even put down the ones I would've こわい)

I don't have a favorite type, but I usually like Tsunderes, even though it is not common [at least as far as I've seen]. I also like sarcastic characters, the ones you know is mocking you even though it looks cute.

Since I'm still hyped from Fata Morgana, Giselle is my actual fave now s2

In a word: competent. Spare me the moe clumsiness.

• KonoSora's Ageha
  • Symphonic Rain's Torta
  • To Heart 2's Tama-nee
  • Rewrite's Kotori

I like the girls who have their shit together on basically all levels.

But I know that can't be all of it, because I'd probably put Sachi near the bottom of the Grisaia list, certainly below Michiru, and I can't think of a better illustration of competent vs. incompetent than Sachi vs. Michiru.

Attraction is a mysterious thing.

11 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Hide contents

except her minds, right?

Spoiler

So harsh! I mean, yes, the whole setup was a terrible idea in the first place, but I bet once you're a year into that charade it's kind of hard to even imagine a way out of it. So I don't blame her for the premise, and everything else about her is crazy impressive.

Anyway, maybe she's not at Ageha's level on having-her-shit-togetherness, but much love for Torta.

They usually have short hair, pettanko (not necessarily loli), and are stoic, antisocial/reserved, mysterious, blunt/honest. 

Also often can be cynic, mischievous, lazy. That's what I can gather from looking at character traits on VNDB, at least. Some examples:

• Senri Akane from Rewrite
  • Suwa Setsuna from Hoshizora no Memoria
  • Irisu Makina from Grisaia
  • Tezuka Rin from Katawa Shoujo

Girls with long hair, have amazing inner strength to overcome things and keep pushing through, but also have weaknesses and frailty that makes you want to protect them and be by their side even if they don't ask for it. Basically girls that try to act tough, but are really sweet deep down.:wub:

Kyouko Kirigiri- DanganRonpa

Kurisu Makise- Steins;Gate

Mei Amanohokosaka- XBlaze 

Looking in my folder with profiles of best girls - there's no common trait, except there's none Kyonyuu, true loli, and idiot personality.

As for preference -

1) tomboys with proactive/assertive trait.  If tanned - :sacchan: 

2) if you choose from all the -dere, it definitely will be Coodere. I love silent, or just not loud characters.

3) Pure love obsession like Miyako(Majikoi) and maybe Nagi(Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai), who glued to you and  discarding Keigo(-kun,-san and etc)

4) Strong and Smart, but not Arrogant or Selfish like most Himedere.

5) With perverted mind, who not say cliche words like "Dame dame" in H, and fully enjoying process without regrets and complains.

etc...so many who i love...

It easier to tell who you avoid, and for me - it is idiots; shy, who running away and cannot say a word; and of course pink haired Airhead-Clumsy Deredere with bouncing breast - epitome of my hate.

1 hour ago, Arcadeotic said:

I have a thing for stoic and shy girls who get super-sweet as the relationship progresses, like No.1 girl Michiru here:

original.png

Agreed on the stoic and shy characters, it'd be even better if they don't panic in serious situations.

Another favorite characteristic of mine is if they're unsociable/weird, like Usami Haru from G-Senjou no Maou

HZWftiK.png