Root Double- Before Crime * After Days - Kickstarter launched!

Decay

I can only speak based of my personal experience with Sekai Project, though, the times where I commented on either their kickstarter projects asking questions, or the times I have contacted them about trouble in one of their games etc I have gotten swift and professional replies each time. Also, they have been picking up popular games for a while, Grisaia no Kajitsu and Clannad, as well as other titles such as Nekopara that aren't exactly massively popular, but good and enjoyable games. Their translations are well done and proffesional. Considering this, I am happy that Sekai Project picked this up over a different company. There is no H-Scenes to cut, removing that issue that has been present with previous titles, and considering their rise in fame after translating Clannad, they are probably the most well known translator group for VNs in the west as of right now.

Of course, their negative attitude towards constructive critisism is unproffesional, and frankly I am shocked to hear that this has happened, but I don't see how Sekai Project picking up this title is a bad thing.

1 minute ago, Dergonu said:

Of course, their negative attitude towards constructive critisism is unproffesional, and frankly I am shocked to hear that this has happened, but I don't see how Sekai Project picking up this title is a bad thing.

Can't resist posting this...

Spoiler

1424982943596.jpg

Considering who some of the members working under SP are...playing nice is unlikely to ever be a thing. They're not all bad, but some of the more well-known members have that whole  .jaded   "edgy hipster" thing going on - and all the thorny barbs that go with it.

Still, I don't hold any sort of  hatred for SP the way some people do - I mean, they bring VNs to guys like me, that can't read Japanese (and never will be able to, thanks ongoing blindness! :Kappa:).

Setting that aside, its looking like RD will reach its goal, if the current pace keeps up. :)

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

I can only speak based of my personal experience with Sekai Project, though, the times where I commented on either their kickstarter projects asking questions, or the times I have contacted them about trouble in one of their games etc I have gotten swift and professional replies each time. Also, they have been picking up popular games for a while, Grisaia no Kajitsu and Clannad, as well as other titles such as Nekopara that aren't exactly massively popular, but good and enjoyable games. Their translations are well done and proffesional. Considering this, I am happy that Sekai Project picked this up over a different company. There is no H-Scenes to cut, removing that issue that has been present with previous titles, and considering their rise in fame after translating Clannad, they are probably the most well known translator group for VNs in the west as of right now.

I agree that it's good for attention due to all the big projects Sekai has brought over to us English only plebs, but there is also that select group that hate Sekai Project and everything they do and will do nothing but hate on everything they do even if it is amazing for the community.

10 hours ago, kingdomcome said:

I actually think it should make it no problem, 25 days to go, already has around 30%.

8 minutes ago, Dark_blade64 said:

Yeah the amount funded right now is not that low like most people try to make it look like. Who knows how it campaign will go later but it should be fine for now.

The pledges-per-day and backers-per-day charts look pretty depressing though...

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/sekaiproject/root-double-before-crime-after-days-xtend-edition/#chart-daily

1 hour ago, LightBladeNova said:

The pledges-per-day and backers-per-day charts look pretty depressing though...

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/sekaiproject/root-double-before-crime-after-days-xtend-edition/#chart-daily

That does look pretty depressing. Hopefully it gets funded because it looks amazing. Then again, there could be a burst of backers or the other way around. We can't really tell at this point.

though i would feel pretty bad if this ks-campaign of theirs might face some serious trouble, resulting in non getting, or only its base goal getting funded, i cant & wont agree with how they´ve worked it out tier-wise. i mean those higher ones do almost have a surreal flair to them, so in case i´ve missed something and backers are indeed only abunch of retarded goldnugget shitting donkeys, this campaign regrettably is getting the treatment it deserves, which is a darn shame.

edit: not to mention alot of their backers are probably also the same ones, who´ve already spend awhole lot of money on the last few campaigns aka muvluv & whatsnot, resulting in narcissu etc going at snail pace afterwards. so yeah NOT everyone has a billionair daddy, or decides on robbing abank to help bringing his most favourite waifus to the west. ><

A lotta people here and elsewhere are freaking out over the most basic of kickstarter trends. The downward trend in progress is perfectly normal and expected. Granted, it's still a low amount overall, and that's why people were pessimistic even though it got 30% in 5 or so days.

But it seems like Sekai Project listened! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/root-double-before-crime-after-days-xtend-edition/posts/1464485?ref=backer_project_update

New update includes additional goods to the tiers, they're now throwing in a stainless steel mug, a t-shirt, a messenger bag, and a blanket. I feel like a HSN salesman here. 

26 minutes ago, Decay said:

A lotta people here and elsewhere are freaking out over the most basic of kickstarter trends. The downward trend in progress is perfectly normal and expected. Granted, it's still a low amount overall, and that's why people were pessimistic even though it got 30% in 5 or so days.

But it seems like Sekai Project listened! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/root-double-before-crime-after-days-xtend-edition/posts/1464485?ref=backer_project_update

New update includes additional goods to the tiers, they're now throwing in a stainless steel mug, a t-shirt, a messenger bag, and a blanket. I feel like a HSN salesman here. 

holy shit " (pending testing on Windows 10) "

GG Sekai

2 minutes ago, Decay said:

??

This is the time they should be testing it on windows 10. And they're going to. I don't get what you're mad about.

I find it weird that W10's the only OS that's "pending testing" here

I thought that the other OSes were ready but W10 was neglected until now

In retrospect it's p. stupid

But it feels like something they should've taken care of already

32 minutes ago, Decay said:

Well, it's nice to finally hear about some tier updates, hopefully that'll end up being significant (still needs a Vita stretch goal though).

Is the worrying unwarranted? Admittedly, I'm not too knowledgeable on how Kickstarter trends usually work out in the end, but at the rate this downward trend is going, I'm just concerned that even the last-day spike in funding (which some people seem to be using as an argument for why Root Double will still succeed) won't be enough to bring RD over its base goal.

4 minutes ago, LightBladeNova said:

Is the worrying unwarranted? Admittedly, I'm not too knowledgeable on how Kickstarter trends usually work out in the end, but at the rate this downward trend is going, I'm just concerned that even the last-day spike in funding (which some people seem to be using as an argument for why Root Double will still succeed) won't be enough to bring RD over its base goal.

If nothing were to change, they will struggle. But they can always alter variables through the campaign - better reward tiers, more publicity and so on. So taking this into consideration while the worrying is justified it's not like nothing can be done to fix things.

The initial spike of the first two days of funding was 29k usd, let's say the final Spike of the last two days of funding will be 50% more than that (like, for example, muv-luv campaign) that means around 45k, there's still 61k to be divided between the remaining 26 "low pledge" days, in other words 2,3k per days for 26 days, and we are WAY BELOW this.

10 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

The initial spike of the first two days of funding was 29k usd, let's say the final Spike of the last two days of funding will be 50% more than that (like, for example, muv-luv campaign) that means around 45k, there's still 61k to be divided between the remaining 26 "low pledge" days, in other words 2,3k per days for 26 days, and we are WAY BELOW this.

Yep, and we haven't even found the project's baseline yet as daily funding continues to decrease every day. Hopefully these changes to the tiers give the project a boost because right now it's not doing enough to get to a place where the end of project surge will get it over the funding goal.  It's not doomed, but Sekai Project needs to make some moves.