Root Double- Before Crime * After Days - Kickstarter launched!

Decay

I'm not too impressed with their timing tbh. Seems like a pretty obvious passive-aggressive tactic.

Also, they really should have went with the KS when people still had initial hype - right after the announcement at the Con's. As it stands, don't think I will be supporting it, despite RD looking interesting.

So I guess what happened on the 28th wasn't the launch of the kickstarter like I at first suspected, but the announcement of the kickstarter's launch date. I guess I was close enough?

Anyways, get your wallets ready January 5th.

I really would support it because it looks interesting, but I hate the fact that they have to use kickstarter every time to bring a VN over here. I won't be supporting this one.

Please try to support this one guys, even if it's just a little bit... >_< Root Double really is great, definitely one of the best sci-fi visual novels so far, having one of the best overall casts of characters I've seen so far in a VN, and beating Ever17 for me. You can check the ratings on VNDB too: https://vndb.org/v5000

Also, the tiers on the prefundia page have been updated, the digital copy is only $30 now and the digital+physical is $60. Nice improvement, and for a >50 hour VN, I think it's a good deal. 

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/root-double-before-crime-after-days-xtend-edition-heading-west/7236/

Edited by LightBladeNova

It seems whoever set the price for the soundtrack came back to reality.  $35 for a digital OST was ludicrous.  $15 is actually reasonable; I think that $15-20 would have been fair, but any more than $25 would have been really pushing it.  The higher tiers are still pretty bad, though.  I wonder if it's SP or the developers that are to blame, since you'd think SP would have learned from the Narcissu Kickstarter.  At least their aren't any overpriced t-shirts this time.  It's not like it's a concert  lol

Please try to support this one guys, even if it's just a little bit... >_< Root Double really is great, definitely one of the best sci-fi visual novels so far, having one of the best overall casts of characters I've seen so far in a VN, and beating Ever17 for me. You can check the ratings on VNDB too: https://vndb.org/v5000

Also, the tiers on the prefundia page have been updated, the digital copy is only $30 now and the digital+physical is $60. Nice improvement, and for a >50 hour VN, I think it's a good deal. 

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/root-double-before-crime-after-days-xtend-edition-heading-west/7236/

Kinda off-topic, but your blank VNDB profile is bugging me  >.<

• 2 weeks later...

>Sekai deletes negative comments on Facebook and such
>this thread lost a lot of comments
COINCIDENCE!?!? :illya:

1 hour ago, VirginSmasher said:

It's unfortunate that the Kickstarter's doing badly. I really wanted to read this one as well.

This had to happen at some point considering how little respect Sekai has been showing for its target audience and the games they publish. It's just a shame that it happened to the only actually good game they had in store for us...

One of my comments here that were lost to the nether was about how Sekai Project are still pulling in a good number of backers for this, they are just backing for the bare minimum or close to it. It's almost certainly because the tiers are shit. They really need to think about offering more options. But it's hard, they probably budgeted things around how much money they'd be spending on reward fulfillment, and adding more will eat away at other aspects of the budget. You have to balance out how much overfunding you expect extra goods to give you versus how much you have to spend on producing and shipping them. I hope they at least think about this and don't allow the campaign to stagnate.

Really hope this will make it. Hopefully they will make some changes to the higher tiers to make it more appealing for people who want to get better rewards. Already backed it, but might upgrade to a higher tier if something a little more appealing comes along. (Or if I suddenly win the lottery. Ne, Kami-Sama?)

It's good to see that Sekai project/Denpasoft and MIKandi Japan are promoting each others' kickstarters and that they are kind of working together. Was afraid there would be some rivarly there. :sachi:

12 hours ago, Tyrosyn said:

>Sekai deletes negative comments on Facebook and such
>this thread lost a lot of comments
COINCIDENCE!?!? :illya:

This had to happen at some point considering how little respect Sekai has been showing for its target audience and the games they publish. It's just a shame that it happened to the only actually good game they had in store for us...

Clannad is a really good game and that would never have been doomed to fail because of all the fans of the anime. Not very many people know about this VN which is unfortunate due to high ratings and I agree, Sekai Project isn't treating their fans well and once they fix that, more of their projects will actually get funded. It's a shame such a good novel had to be picked up by Sekai Project of all companies.