Root Double- Before Crime * After Days - Kickstarter launched!

Decay

31 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

sorry but that's a really shitty thing to ask, why would you take away money from one project to put it into another one? 
We also told you several times that it will make it but you just don't listen to anyone and now ask this kind of thing :/

I acknowledged it to be a shameful request, sorry... couldn't help it :( forget I ever asked it then. 

And well, am I supposed to put blind faith in your assurances that everything will be alright? A lot of other people have been worrying as well, and clearly Root Double is in a different kind of situation from other kickstarters, due in large part to a combination of its lack of popularity, poor tier list, poor PR, and relatively high base goal. 

17 minutes ago, Scorp said:

Why would Mangagamer sell a game, which is licensed by Sekai? What's the point in licensing, if you will pass a game to another company?

I didn't mention selling the game (though if it's possible, that'd be great), I was talking about just spreading the word. But I guess even that is being too idealistic in this competitive realm...

12 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

They can sell it on their shop, they did this many times.

The only places SP sells their VNs, post-Kickstarter, is on Steam or on DenpaSoft.  To my knowledge, they have never sold anything on MangaGamer's site, and Sakura Swim Club doesn't count because it was Winged Cloud, not Sekai Project, that approached them.  SP had nothing to do with SSC being sold on MangaGamer's site.  MangaGamer does indeed sell games they never had a hand in, but I doubt that it'd ever include JAST or SP translated VNs.  That would defeat the point of them making their own stores or using Steam.

25 minutes ago, LightBladeNova said:

I acknowledged it to be a shameful request, sorry... couldn't help it :( forget I ever asked it then. 

And well, am I supposed to put blind faith in your assurances that everything will be alright? A lot of other people have been worrying as well, and clearly Root Double is in a different kind of situation from other kickstarters, due in large part to a combination of its lack of popularity, poor tier list, poor PR, and relatively high base goal. 

I didn't mention selling the game (though if it's possible, that'd be great), I was talking about just spreading the word. But I guess even that is being too idealistic in this competitive realm...

Honestly, I'm worried about the Kickstarter as well, but there's no reason to take money away from a successful kickstarter to this one. Hell, if it fails, Sekai Project learns from this and they improve in my eyes (or they'll keep doing the same thing). Believe me, I want it to succeed and a lot of this community does as well, but having another competitor advertise their game isn't ideal for Sekai Project.

2 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Never happened, they did it with other games.

Unless dovac go mad - will never happen in the future as well. As it is insane - you have an established business, made a deal with japanese game creators and give all away to your competitor :) 

Every tier after 225$ should just evaporate. Fans shouldn't even touch them... That's how unfair they are. 1,000$ tier should be like 350$, 5,000$ one should be changed into 1000$.... and the most expensive 7000$ one should be 1,500$ instead. I'm not saying give fans "items" for free, but at least at viable prices. It is calles crowd-funding, but that's just pushing it over the edge. If they want it to succeed they should change the higher tiers + add new ones. They had over half a year to organize this kickstarter and that's what they came up with? One word: disappointement. If they think that fans are dumb enough to give them pure money for almost nothing they're wrong... (hopefully)

Even though Libra is worse game, the amount of work put in their KS by devs+localization company is outstanding, the amount of tiers is also amazing, the same with fairness of them, and they changed a lot of things according to users feedback. They deserve to be funded.

2 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Let's not forget that without this deal we would probably already have played 12riven.

Oh no! Games get dropped by fan translators at all sorts of progress levels for a huge variety of reasons. Complaining about not getting these free fan translation patches is one of the most obnoxiously entitled things you could do. Don't do this. 

8 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

"manggamer"  "mang"  lol

That's a little unfair.  They definitely focus on 18+ content and nukige a lot more than they do all-ages, but they have some all-ages VNs on their store.  There would be more, but because got a few of them rated by the ESRB they cannot be displayed with any 18+ content on the same page, and MangaGamer's Weekly Ranking sidebar made that impossible.  They chose to remove the all-ages ESRB copies from their site instead of getting rid of or majorly altering their Weekly Ranking sidebar.

They just won't sell Root Double on MangaGamer's site because there is literally no reason to.  If there was, then they would have already struck a deal with them.  Steam is a better place to sell it anyway, it'll get more exposure and advertising via the New Releases section and user queues.  There's a reason MangaGamer puts their all-ages VNs on Steam.

I knew something was fishy when I wrote that. Now I know why I felt like I misspelled something. :nervous: By the way I kept reading again and again your post but I can't figure it out what exactly did I say that was considered unfair from my part.

11 hours ago, Maxel said:

Even though Libra is worse game, the amount of work put in their KS by devs+localization company is outstanding, the amount of tiers is also amazing, the same with fairness of them, and they changed a lot of things according to users feedback. They deserve to be funded.

THIS, just....This.THISTHISHTISHITSHITHISTHISTHISTHISTHITSHITS 

13 hours ago, Rooke said:

Of course, you shouldn't be funding a game based on the reward tiers in the first place. 

Just saying.

Once again, what else do you expect people to do when it's used like a pre-ordering platform?  It becomes more about what the backers are getting out of it than what they're funding.  If you go to Kickstarter for no other reason than wanting to secure pre-orders, you can't really be upset when you offer shit and get meh responses.

6 hours ago, Dark_blade64 said:

I knew something was fishy when I wrote that. Now I know why I felt like I misspelled something. :nervous: By the way I kept reading again and again your post but I can't figure it out what exactly did I say that was considered unfair from my part.

The "they only mostly sell 18+ titles" bit.  They actually have some pretty popular all-ages stuff.  Hirugashi and Umineko both got anime adaptations, and they're working on a lot more all-ages titles than they usually seem to, probably because of Steam.

Anyway, I'll shut up about MangaGamer now.

5 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Once again, what else do you expect people to do when it's used like a pre-ordering platform?  It becomes more about what the backers are getting out of it than what they're funding.  If you go to Kickstarter for no other reason than wanting to secure pre-orders, you can't really be upset when you offer shit and get meh responses.

well but that's just a misinterpretation or just bad using of the kickstarter platform on both sides, it is not a pre-ordering platform is a funding site, sadly some companies are using it in the wrong way.

6 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

People say it's used like a pre-order platform, but no reasoning is given for their statements. If Sekai is using Kickstarter to cover the costs of licensing, and to pay a group for their translation, then they're covering cost and not using it to generate pre-orders. 

And then people take this theory, built on little to no reasoning, and use it to excuse their expectations and/or their behaviour. I'm not a fan of that, tbh.

9 minutes ago, Rooke said:

People say it's used like a pre-order platform, but no reasoning is given for their statements. If Sekai is using Kickstarter to cover the costs of licensing, and to pay a group for their translation, then they're covering cost and not using it to generate pre-orders. 

And then people take this theory, built on little to no reasoning, and use it to excuse their expectations and/or their behaviour. I'm not a fan of that, tbh.

I feel like you're taking a really idealized approached to the situation that's simply unrealistic. Maybe people shouldn't treat it like a pre-order platform, but it's a simple fact that they do and Sekai Project failed to cater to them. This is their fault more than it is anyone else's, they aren't giving people what they want through the service. It's for that reason this campaign is under-performing. 

And when you launch a campaign for a project that launches just a month or two from the end date, you aren't aiming to fund that project, you're aiming to recoup its costs. This is a very important distinction. Granted, I actually don't care at all if companies want to use Kickstarter like that. I don't give a crap about the sanctity of kickstarter or preserving its original purpose, people should be free to use it in any way that benefits them, as long as the consumers are getting a fair deal. But I look at this project and I can't help but feel that Sekai Project is just phoning it in, trying to recoup as much of the costs as possible. The customers don't like the value they're getting for the upper tiers and also sense SP's lack of sincerity, and they're responding accordingly. 

Creating physical rewards can cost a fair bit of money. But true, the rewards are lacklustre and they can be more inventive then they have been. 

The argument I was disagreeing with was that Sekai is using KS as a pre-order platform. Has the deal between Sekai and Regista been done? I've constantly seen the idea put forward that if the KS fails, then the project is in peril. Or another KS will start. People can't be saying this AND that 'Sekai only uses KS to secure pre-orders.'

I'm sure this has been answered a lot of times but can we blame sekai for the tiers or is it a regista/yeti's problem being really stingy? it seems like sekai is always having troubles communicating with the people they work for and this always impact and backfires to them because the face of the kickstarter is Sekai, not Lemnisca nor regista/yeti...

EDIT: and they figured it out https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/root-double-before-crime-after-days-xtend-edition/posts/1466514