MangaGamer and Winged Cloud establish a new partnership, w/ 2 new games.

Decay

Because I don't want to post this shit to the fuwazette. :makina:

*ahem*

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2015/11/25/mangagamer-partners-with-winged-cloud/#more-10063

A few months ago, Sekai Project dumped Winged Cloud. Or was it Winged Cloud who dumped SP? Who can say. What matters is that MangaGamer is all about these sloppy seconds. Or more accurately, they're more willing to go in the directions Winged Cloud wants to move toward than SP is, that being adult games.

What does this partnership mean? First of all, the 18+ version of Sakura Swim Club was put on the MangaGamer store, and this version apparently has an edited and QAed script. Hopefully by someone whose first language is English, for a refreshing change of pace. Secondly, MangaGamer has announced two new games from Winged Cloud, Sakura Santa which will be all-ages only, and a new 18+/all-ages gameplay-oriented title, Sakura Dungeon. Judging by the name, it will probably be a dungeon crawling game, but there are no real details yet.

Qb5ml4i.png

It seems that MangaGamer wants to sink some money into these games to improve the script quality and that kind of thing. I guess that's a good thing? Honestly, I would think there are better things for them to spend their money on, but the Sakura games have proven themselves to be reliable money makers so this will probably work out. Hopefully. Sales have been declining for each subsequent title. Anyways, get your hilarious reaction gifs and memes ready. And then throw them in a dumpster because we've seen them all already. Nosebleed can post one of his rare pepes here, though.

When I saw Sakura Dungeon, I immediately though sex dungeon, but a dungeon crawler would be more realistic. I'm fine with the Sakura games moving towards 18+ games cause then there's a reason to play them (or skip through the entirety of it).They'll always be shit when it comes to the story and that's never gonna change.

It could be like a dungeon sim? Something like Dungeon Keeper. I'd like that more, if it was good. But yeah, I'd put my money on some kind of RPG. Incidentally, the artist for the Sakura games worked on Demon Master Chris, a dungeon crawling RPG. Apparently it wasn't very good, but I'm assuming the artist is the only constant here so that doesn't actually mean anything.

The Sakura titles are wonderful examples of the highest quality in visual novel writing. Their protagonists are always interesting and seem to have a much higher sense of awareness than those of other titles. The distinct lack of fan service is a refreshing change from the typical PG-13 t and a so rampant in the industry. This could be the dawning on a new enlightened age in the art form. Snoogans.

Incidentally, the artist for the Sakura games worked on Demon Master Chris, a dungeon crawling RPG. Apparently it wasn't very good, 

I ... kinda enjoyed Demon Master Chris :3

Also, the background artist they used to use is Badriel from Lemma, who's an incredibly reliable and talented freelancer. People can't speak well enough of him, he's very much in demand. 

They will just add Sakura Clicker into Sakura Dungeon, and call it a VN with gameplay elements... They wouldn't be able to release games so fast if they would need to create new gameplay, please... I still hope for weekly Sakura releases with the same CGs and character sprites, so I can laugh at buyers even more.