MangaGamer and Winged Cloud establish a new partnership, w/ 2 new games.

Decay

I wouldnt see a generic dungeon RPG/roguelike vns being successful without the consequential game over screens. Thats usually what sell those types of games. They really need to do a lot with the battle system/gameplay to make it a convincing buy then. 

This is Winged Cloud we're talking about here.  You talk like the game will have to be good / have merit to actually sell.  Remember: it doesn't have to be a good game.  It just needs to have cute anime girls on the cover, have "Sakura" in the title, and sell for $10 or less.

You have to admit there are a lot of generic ecchi shows out there giving anime a bad image. There are a few good ones but most are mediocre or bad. 

No I wont admit it because I am the one who watches those.

Name me an ecchi show that is on the level of anime like Cowboy Bebop or Fullmetal Alchemist.

You think that I have watched those two? :sachi: 

It's just a matter of opinion. I'm looking for stress relieve and you are looking for a story (maybe). I don't want to continue this conversation here.

You have to admit there are a lot of generic ecchi shows out there giving anime a bad image. There are a few good ones but most are mediocre or bad. 

Name me an ecchi show that is on the level of anime like Cowboy Bebop or Fullmetal Alchemist.

I think asking for an anime that's about fanservice to be on the same scale on what some would consider some of the greatest masterpieces of anime might be setting your scales a bit too high. It's a pretty unrealistic expectation to be frank.

The Monogatari series is a good example of a great anime with a good story and ecchi elements, though I know some wouldn't consider it an ecchi series (MAL doesn't have an ecchi tag for it) it certainly has it's moments of fanservice.

Edit: But overall fanservice in anime does send a really mixed message to a lot of western audiences. The west are such prudes. :P

Edited by monkeysrumble

Something can be great for exactly what it's intended and nothing more, but it's not worth comparing to something else just because it's in a similar vein. For instance, One Direction is great for what it is - studio-made teen pop consisting of cute guys to get teenaged girls to buy albums and posters. But you wouldn't compare it musically with Bob Dylan, as the purpose of the music between the two are completely different. Just as you wouldn't market Bob Dylan to teenaged girls for the purpose of selling posters.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Both CB and FMA are absolutely terrible at ecchi (since they... kinda don't have it), so in this particular field even the shittiest harem crap will beat them (while they will obviously win in every other field, at least CB - FMA is just good, not awesome).

As for ero RPGs/Roguelikes - they don't really need game-over-rape. Actually, I definitely prefer those that incorporate sexual content into the gameplay, instead of limiting it to token game-over scenes. Defeat-rape is much better when it doesn't lead to instant bad ends and the protagonist/heroine has to face long-term consequences (corruption, pregnancy, etc.). Sex can be a part of combat/leveling mechanics, there's prostitution and so on. There are also games like Kamidori, where the protagonist consensually bangs everything that looks more or less female (I hate that approach, though).
But well, considering it's Winged Cloud, I'd expect the most crappy approach - fully consensual sex-scenes in fixed points, completely separated from the gameplay (beat "area 1" = get "token H-scene 1", repeat ad nauseam). Kinda like in Demon Master Chris (maybe with less rape, though scenes in DMC were so poorly written, that they didn't really seem like actual rape to me).

I enjoyed Princess Evangile, so hoping MangaGamer goes towards the direction of more character interaction based VNs and less nukige one. As for Sakura games, don't know, maybe by their 100 release they will be on a far higher level. I think Sakura Fantasy was a good step forward for them.

Superb shows indeed, but... you can hardly pick up a waifu from them. From harem and ecchi shows it's much easier. ˇˇ

I enjoyed Princess Evangile, so hoping MangaGamer goes towards the direction of more character interaction based VNs and less nukige one. As for Sakura games, don't know, maybe by their 100 release they will be on a far higher level. I think Sakura Fantasy was a good step forward for them.

Superb shows indeed, but... you can hardly pick up a waifu from them. From harem and ecchi shows it's much easier. ˇˇ

All my waifus come from visual novels so I don't need to pick a waifu from a harem/ecchi show.

I think asking for an anime that's about fanservice to be on the same scale on what some would consider some of the greatest masterpieces of anime might be setting your scales a bit too high. It's a pretty unrealistic expectation to be frank.

The Monogatari series is a good example of a great anime with a good story and ecchi elements, though I know some wouldn't consider it an ecchi series (MAL doesn't have an ecchi tag for it) it certainly has it's moments of fanservice.

Edit: But overall fanservice in anime does send a really mixed message to a lot of western audiences. The west are such prudes. :P

I forgot about that series. That's a pretty good series, but the fanservice always gets in the way of my enjoyment of the story most of the time. That's why I prefer it to stay in ecchi shows so I can go to that genre whenever I feel like watching something filled with fanservice.