What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

That is another (lol) anime that I keep running into where people either love it or hate it.  I watched it and loved it, my one friend wouldn't go past episode 2 and then a week later I marathoned it again with another friend and he loved it.

I thought it was good, really good, except for the last couple episodes. The deaths started to get so rediculous I couldn't help but laugh. Besides that, the plot progression and atmosphere were amazing.

I thought it was good, really good, except for the last couple episodes. The deaths started to get so rediculous I couldn't help but laugh. Besides that, the plot progression and atmosphere where amazing.

That's understandable.  The first half was true to the book but after the beach episode (which the animators invented because fan-service is necessary even in horror anime) they just kept changing things.  You can download the translated version from Barnes and Noble for around five dollars if anyone is interested, I heard they did pretty good job. 

That is another (lol) anime that I keep running into where people either love it or hate it.  I watched it and loved it, my one friend wouldn't go past episode 2 and then a week later I marathoned it again with another friend and he loved it. 

I liked it, just looking back the characters weren't at all interesting IMO and the last couple episodes were pretty damn iffy.

Guest sakanaとkoeda

I gotta finish Binbougami Ga and Seitokai S2. Nichijou also needs my attention because it's been on the backburner for far too long.

I gotta finish Binbougami Ga and Seitokai S2. Nichijou also needs my attention because it's been on the backburner for far too long.

I could pretty much put any clip from Nichijou to encourage you to watch it, but I'll go with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTiBaBi2ntU

Didn't laugh at that video. Nichijou's comedy never really hit well for me. There were some scenes that I thought were pretty funny, but I didn't like Nichijou for the most part. ._. Most of the comedy had very little build up, felt random, and the feel of the execution felt awkward to me.

Loved Binbougami ga though! I need to watch Yakuindomo's sequel too, the first season was really fun. :)

Just marathoned Yama no Susume 

Really fun short SoL. Would definitely recommend if you're looking for quick entertainment.

It's getting a season 2 this summer season as well so it might  be worth it.

Never thought I'd enjoy a short series about cute girls climbing mountains.

You enjoy mostly everything that has "cute" written on it, Nosebleed.

Almost everything.

There's been SoL I couldn't get into before.

I just thought for a 3 min episode series it was a pretty entertaining SoL. Guilty pleasures I guess.

It was some relief after watching some episodes of Tokyo Magnitude as well.

Recently started watching Shugo Chara, at a leisurely pace of an episode per day.

I'm really enjoying it so far. The designs are great, it's funny, characters are good and there's really a lot of what you want to see in a magical-girl show, done the right way. It's so nice to see each episode treating one classical theme (sport, dance, dreams, big sister responsibility, friendship, development of another character...) while also treating in the background the main theme that's change, self-image and would-be self, all through Amu's slow progression as a character.

I hope it will keep being this good.

Recently started watching Shugo Chara, at a leisurely pace of an episode per day.

I'm really enjoying it so far. The designs are great, it's funny, characters are good and there's really a lot of what you want to see in a magical-girl show, done the right way. It's so nice to see each episode treating one classical theme (sport, dance, dreams, big sister responsibility, friendship, development of another character...) while also treating in the background the main theme that's change, self-image and would-be self, all through Amu's slow progression as a character.

I hope it will keep being this good.

Shugo Chara is great for its genre, but for the love of god, do not watch season 3.

Just finish season 2 and either enjoy its ending or think it's not enough and then go read the manga for a slightly different conclusion.

But whatever you do. Do not watch season 3.

Hope you enjoy the rest of it though, I did~

You do realize you make me want to watch it, right?

I mean, from the first 10 episodes Shugo Chara is on its way to become yet another magical-girl show I love. Which means seeing a bad sequel will break my heart. But I couldn't possibly bear to not watch it. Gah.

Well I'll see about that in two or three months when I'll be done with the first two series.

I finaly completed Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge.  It was pretty good overall, I got many laughs out of it and it's what should matter most to a comedy.

I got my hands on the Tekkonkinkreet  blu-ray yesterday, so I'm probably gonna watch that while I still wait for Deadfish to re-encode Ping Pong episode 11.  (Episode 10 was so awesome. :o )

Also almost done with Kobato, only four episodes left to go!

(edit : OMG! The AnoHana movie!  Downloading now!)

You do realize you make me want to watch it, right?

I mean, from the first 10 episodes Shugo Chara is on its way to become yet another magical-girl show I love. Which means seeing a bad sequel will break my heart. But I couldn't possibly bear to not watch it. Gah.

Well I'll see about that in two or three months when I'll be done with the first two series.

Here's the thing, Shugo Chara's manga material ends in season 2. 

The conclusion in season 2 is the conclusion to the Shugo Chara manga. Meaning season 3 is ALL filler.

And what's worse is that it's reallyyyy bad filler. So bad that season 3 got canceled.

They even have this segment in each episode with actual real people cosplaying and stuff. Real 3D human beings, in an anime!

It's just a complete disgrace.

I beg you, don't watch it if you want to preserve the greatness of Shugo Chara. And I'm telling you this because I really liked Shugo Chara myself.

Shugo Chara is a great anime for its genre, it takes itself in a rather serious manner and the formula really works, the character development is great too and the story isn't really bad and I'm sure you in particular will like it.

But if you have any respect for Mahou Shoujo anime, do not step into season 3. That's a serious warning.

Read the manga, seriously. That 3D in the anime is vomitingly ugly.

That seems to be a fairly dividing issue on this anime.  Some people can't stand the 3D, while I barely even notice it except in the mecha action scenes, where I enjoy it.  I've read the manga and while there are some changes, I have thoroughly enjoyed both.

In any case, I think that telling someone to avoid an anime that is clearly enjoyed by others is a bad call, even if you don't personally share that enjoyment.

Personally I think the 3D is fine, and some of the backgrounds still manage to give us glimpses of Tsutomu Nihei's amazing environments.  Of couse Nihei's art is best experienced in manga form, though if you want to read a different storyline from the same artist I suggest Blame!.  I would love to see his artwork adapted in a faithful 2D style though.  (The Blame! ovas were pretty disapointing.)

Akuma no Riddle 12 ... a good ending i guess
Blade & Soul 12 ... nice how it turned out, can't wait for next ep.

Blade and Soul is one of my least favorite anime this season, but it does seem it a bit better from the newer episodes.

Blade and Soul is one of my least favorite anime this season, but it does seem it a bit better from the newer episodes.

from what I heard from you, I'm glad I decided to not watch it after the first episode. It just really pushed me away, which is a bad sign one episode in.

from what I heard from you, I'm glad I decided to not watch it after the first episode. It just really pushed me away, which is a bad sign one episode in.

Yeah, not really worth the time or energy IMO.

9 episodes into Panty and Stocking. Ceris, watch this asap!

Really?  *sigh*

I like it though, true beginning may not be as good but i was impressed with last episode....

Really?  *sigh*

I like it though, true beginning may not be as good but i was impressed with last episode....

Yeah, but I understand we all have different opinions. I haven't seen the newest episode yet, but plan on it. Hope I like it!