What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Moetan is a mahou shoujo anime with lots of lolis and ecchi.

You have sinned by not having watched it yet.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I need to watch this now! I mean, how can I call myself a true anime fan without watching this!? 

Will I be forgiven?

That and Date A Live are next in my queue, with about 35 others. XD

I got a pretty much never ending list thanks to my recomendation thread. Thanks again btw. On an unrelated note, there sure are alot of stray cats roaming around the forums today o.O

I got a pretty much never ending list thanks to my recommendation thread. Thanks again btw. On an unrelated note, there sure are a lot of stray cats roaming around the forums today o.O

Haha yea. It's not only summer but I'm doing nothing but some studying this week so I'm letting myself check the internet every couple hours and that's about it.  It'll likely slow down once I get my Vita. XD 

Haha yea. It's not only summer but I'm doing nothing but some studying this week so I'm letting myself check the internet every couple hours and that's about it.  It'll likely slow down once I get my Vita. XD 

I'm pretty much in the same situation lol

I started and am two episodes into "Shiki". I like it so far, but the characters IMO are kinda lacking interesting traits.

I found it interesting what a bitch Megumi was.

On a serious note, this is a great suspense show, but I don't think it was meant to be character-driven per se

On a serious note, this is a great suspense show, but I don't think it was meant to be character-driven per se

Definitely not. Most characters are irrelevant, others are just mouthpieces. Very few are fleshed out.

Rather nice though, some good tension.

And great hair style >_>

Lol, Megumi died really early xD. I knew it was coming though because of first minute.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be a character driven anime. It seems to rely on suspense and overall quality.

@ down: I'm the only one except one out of my friends who like it sadly lol. They said its to boring. I must disagree.

I found it interesting what a bitch Megumi was.

Lol, Megumi died really early xD. I knew it was coming though because of first minute.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be a character driven anime. It seems to rely on suspense and overall quality.

@ down: I'm the only one except one out of my friends who like it sadly lol. They said its to boring. I must disagree.

It's definitely not character driven, I could argue two though, but I did like it overall.  It started slow in my opinion but by around episode 10 I was hooked.  Part of me still wants to go back and read the novel.

Additionally, if you are into the suspense mystery combo I would highly recommend checking out Another. 

Well, there's also the fact that in japanese animation there's very few things even trying to make horror, so stuff like Another or Shiki, even though they're not very good on the aspect of horror, are appreciated.

Personally, I'll take a good Japanese ghost story over a slasher movie any day. 

Personally, I'll take a good Japanese ghost story over a slasher movie any day. 

It's not like Japanese can't make good horror stories (Ring anyone?) but in animation I've yet to find something convincing. At least a whole anime like that, because I do remember some good scary episodes in some series that weren't horror themselves.

I've one or two candidates left in my watchlist but that aside...

It's definitely not character driven, I could argue two though, but I did like it overall.  It started slow in my opinion but by around episode 10 I was hooked.  Part of me still wants to go back and read the novel.

Additionally, if you are into the suspense mystery combo I would highly recommend checking out Another. 

I've seen Another. Lol, its just alright IMO.

That is another (lol) anime that I keep running into where people either love it or hate it.  I watched it and loved it, my one friend wouldn't go past episode 2 and then a week later I marathoned it again with another friend and he loved it. 

It's basically an incomprehensible Final Destination anime clone with more stupid characters. The death scenes had some fantastic animation though.

The teacher suicide in particular, you can even see the outline of the knife in his throat :S