What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Just marathoned Yama no Susume 

Really fun short SoL. Would definitely recommend if you're looking for quick entertainment.

It's getting a season 2 this summer season as well so it might  be worth it.

Never thought I'd enjoy a short series about cute girls climbing mountains.

Oh yeah, I remember that being my weekly reprieve from serious stuff for ongoing anime. It was a really relaxing watch. I was pretty ecstatic when I heard the sequel would have 15 minute episodes instead of 3! :D

Here's the thing, Shugo Chara's manga material ends in season 2. 

The conclusion in season 2 is the conclusion to the Shugo Chara manga. Meaning season 3 is ALL filler.

And what's worse is that it's reallyyyy bad filler. So bad that season 3 got canceled.

They even have this segment in each episode with actual real people cosplaying and stuff. Real 3D human beings, in an anime!

It's just a complete disgrace.

I beg you, don't watch it if you want to preserve the greatness of Shugo Chara. And I'm telling you this because I really liked Shugo Chara myself.

Shugo Chara is a great anime for its genre, it takes itself in a rather serious manner and the formula really works, the character development is great too and the story isn't really bad and I'm sure you in particular will like it.

But if you have any respect for Mahou Shoujo anime, do not step into season 3. That's a serious warning.

I'm still kinda stuck on Chara. Actually, it's been a over a year since I put it on hold. I loved the first season, but the beginning of S2 kinda put me off. It's been a while and I don't particularly remember what it was I didn't like, but I do plan on picking it back up eventually. And yeah, I did make up my mind to never watch S3 as I heard it was pretty atrocious from numerous fans of the series.

9 episodes into Panty and Stocking. Ceris, watch this asap!

P&S was so much fun. It's one of the lewdest and most over-the-top anime I've seen. Some people might not like the western style animation, but I thought it fit really well for the anime's style of comedy.

Oh yeah, I remember that being my weekly reprieve from serious stuff for ongoing anime. It was a really relaxing watch. I was pretty ecstatic when I heard the sequel would have 15 minute episodes instead of 3! :D I'm still kinda stuck on Chara. Actually, it's been a over a year since I put it on hold. I loved the first season, but the beginning of S2 kinda put me off. It's been a while and I don't particularly remember what it was I didn't like, but I do plan on picking it back up eventually. And yeah, I did make up my mind to never watch S3 as I heard it was pretty atrocious from numerous fans of the series. 

Season 2's main flaw was the filler girl Lulu, she serves no purpose whatsoever in the series. At first she had a role, then she just became a useless filler character with some backstory unrelated to the main one and ended up disappearing after her "story" is concluded. The anime focused on her for  no reason in the end and that kind of disappoints.

The whole ? Eggs thing was also a hit or miss for some because let's face it they're just like the regular X Eggs in essence except they target different kinds of people. 

Another kind of flaw is

Amu's 4th Shugo Chara Dia STILL has no role during most of season 2 despite clearly being able to appear freely in season 1. Dia was one of the more interesting Shugo Charas yet she refuses to appear and we rarely get to see Amu's Amulet Diamond transformation which was something I personally really wanted to see.

Although this one is not as a big of a flaw since this also happens in the manga so they're merely adapting it

But the overall big plot still continues (The whole Embryo search thing) so if you wanted a conclusion you're going to get it. I also preferred season 1 but season 2 is not bad if you look at the grand scheme of things. The conclusion is a bit on the meh side but that's why the manga exists.

Season 2's main flaw was the filler girl Lulu, she serves no purpose whatsoever in the series. At first she had a role, then she just became a useless filler character with some backstory unrelated to the main one and ended up disappearing after her "story" is concluded. The anime focused on her for  no reason in the end and that kind of disappoints.

The whole ? Eggs thing was also a hit or miss for some because let's face it they're just like the regular X Eggs in essence except they target different kinds of people. 

Another kind of flaw is

Amu's 4th Shugo Chara Dia STILL has no role during most of season 2 despite clearly being able to appear freely in season 1. Dia was one of the more interesting Shugo Charas yet she refuses to appear and we rarely get to see Amu's Amulet Diamond transformation which was something I personally really wanted to see.

Although this one is not as a big of a flaw since this also happens in the manga so they're merely adapting it

But the overall big plot still continues (The whole Embryo search thing) so if you wanted a conclusion you're going to get it. I also preferred season 1 but season 2 is not bad if you look at the grand scheme of things. The conclusion is a bit on the meh side but that's why the manga exists.

So, based on what you've seen me say I've liked over my short time on this forum, would you recommend Shugo Chara? I watched the first episode a while ago and thought it was enjoyable, but I tend to highly avoid anything that reached the 100 episode mark.

So, based on what you've seen me say I've liked over my short time on this forum, would you recommend Shugo Chara? I watched the first episode a while ago and thought it was enjoyable, but I tend to highly avoid anything that reached the 100 episode mark.

It's enjoyable through out.

Season 2 wavers a bit but it still manages to be enjoyable in the end and obviously concludes the storyline. It has more flaws than season 1 but not so many that it would massively downgrade it. Season 2 is still Shugo Chara in its core as it is a direct sequel (it continues right after season 1 left off)

Just not season 3. Season 3 is an atrocity against humanity.

So yes you should watch Shugo Chara. If you enjoyed the first episode then you'll like the rest. It's very entertaining seeing Amu's character develop and her getting new powers and personalities and the whole evil plot going on is pretty well designed with interesting characters that also get heavy character development and you'll probably start liking them at some point.

Ikuto x Amu OTP and if you say otherwise you should repent for your sins

So yes I'd recommend Shugo Chara. I really liked it. I know I said season 2 had some more flaws but they weren't  so massive that it would cause me to hate the show in any way.

Just finished Selector Infected WIXOSS. All I have to say is that the 'conclusion' was really poorly executed and the whole thing was a bundle of wasted potential. Worst part was that it actively contradicted itself too. What a shame, I was actually looking forward to this. 6/10

No idea what to watch now.

A major complaint of WIXOSS I heard was that they never explained how the game worked. Did they ever get around to that? I watched the first 3 episodes but discontinued it because I tend to watch only what's on Crunchyroll on my Xbox 360 and only go out of my way to watch things that actually highly interests me.

A major complaint of WIXOSS I heard was that they never explained how the game worked. Did they ever get around to that? I watched the first 3 episodes but discontinued it because I tend to watch only what's on Crunchyroll on my Xbox 360 and only go out of my way to watch things that actually highly interests me.

Nope, they not only not explain it, they even start to skipping battles altogether as they see fit. I watched the whole thing in hopes it would get pretty dark, since it had that sort of atmosphere about it, but it only progressively fell apart more the further it got. They actually had some potentially good serious plot points - but they backed out of most of them for some reason.

Guest sakanaとkoeda

I could pretty much put any clip from Nichijou to encourage you to watch it, but I'll go with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTiBaBi2ntU

If you had shown me the one with the principal suplexing the deer, I would have combusted :o 

Oh yeah, I remember that being my weekly reprieve from serious stuff for ongoing anime. It was a really relaxing watch. I was pretty ecstatic when I heard the sequel would have 15 minute episodes instead of 3! :D

I'm still kinda stuck on Chara. Actually, it's been a over a year since I put it on hold. I loved the first season, but the beginning of S2 kinda put me off. It's been a while and I don't particularly remember what it was I didn't like, but I do plan on picking it back up eventually. And yeah, I did make up my mind to never watch S3 as I heard it was pretty atrocious from numerous fans of the series.

P&S was so much fun. It's one of the lewdest and most over-the-top anime I've seen. Some people might not like the western style animation, but I thought it fit really well for the anime's style of comedy.

Panty and Stocking is VERY lewd, but it is still a really good comedy anime. People who are deep on animation and won't watch anything that doesn't live up to standards that are beyond me probably won't like this one because of its western look, but not watching it because it looks that way IMO just shows me you are a little bit of an amateur when it comes to anime, no offense to any here. Its western style just works, I agree.

Btw, I only have one episode left!

People who are deep on animation and won't watch anything that doesn't live up to standards that are beyond me probably won't like this one because of its western look, but not watching it because it looks that way IMO just shows me you are a little bit of an amateur when it comes to anime, no offense to any here. Its western style just works, I agree.

Actually, P&S was made this way because it was Gainax's and Imaishi's intention to adress a giant "fuck you" at the anime industry that they considered was spiraling down into a stuck end. Hence the vulgarity and the american animation design style.

Then Imaishi left and Gainax only made the same shit as everyone else ever since >_>

Actually, P&S was made this way because it was Gainax's and Imaishi's intention to adress a giant "fuck you" at the anime industry that they considered was spiraling down into a stuck end. Hence the vulgarity and the american animation design style.

Then Imaishi left and Gainax only made the same shit as everyone else ever since >_>

My point still stands, but even if it was a giant "fuck you", it is still pretty good. I love great animation as much as the next poster, but some people only watch anime with A+ animation and never look at other aspects about anime. I guess they are allowed to have an opinion, but its just difficult to take those people seriously. I meet them now and then on other sites and its really tough hearing them through. Lol.

My point still stands, but even if it was a giant "fuck you", it is still pretty good. I love great animation as much as the next poster, but some people only watch anime with A+ animation and never look at other aspects about anime. I guess they are allowed to have an opinion, but its just difficult to take those people seriously. I meet them now and then on other sites and its really tough hearing them through. Lol.

Oh, I wasn't going against your point, in fact I was more supporting it.

P&S is good. I don't know what is there to complain about its animation.

Imaishi is one of those few directors left that know how to add a spice of craziness into the animation (since he became director after being an animator himself he's pretty involved with it). That's refreshing, much better than just good but plain animation. Anybody can raise the budget and add more inbetween frames, not everybody can make it look unique like P&S or Dead Leaves.

Oh, I wasn't going against your point, in fact I was more supporting it.

P&S is good. I don't know what is there to complain about its animation.

Imaishi is one of those few directors left that know how to add a spice of craziness into the animation (since he became director after being an animator himself he's pretty involved with it). That's refreshing, much better than just good but plain animation. Anybody can raise the budget and add more inbetween frames, not everybody can make it look unique like P&S or Dead Leaves.

My bad, I believe I read it wrong. Yeah, I completely agree. Panty and Stocking may support a western style of animation, but it honestly looks pretty good for its trying to be. Some people say the look it has is a big turn off and unwatchable, but that is completely not correct. I love great animation, but animation isn't the only aspect in anime. Some people forget that.

Dead Leaves? What is that?

Dead Leaves? What is that?

Imaishi's first movie as a director. It has a rather unusual design and features some impressive animation. It feels like an 90s OAV actually, sci-fi universe with violence and sexual undertones everywhere. Not the greatest ever but pretty crazy and refreshing. From that movie you can already start to see the guy that would then give birth to TTGL, P&S and Kill la Kill.

Imaishi's first movie as a director. It has a rather unusual design and features some impressive animation. It feels like an 90s OAV actually, sci-fi universe with violence and sexual undertones everywhere. Not the greatest ever but pretty crazy and refreshing. From that movie you can already start to see the guy that would then give birth to TTGL, P&S and Kill la Kill.

Hmm, I'll check it out. Thanks!

I just finished up "Panty and Stocking". I really liked it, but..

That ending was such a troll.

I think anyone who thinks PSG had bad animation need to get their eyes checked.(or get their head out of their ass and realize the generic anime style is just that : generic)  Also, animation and art style are two different beasts.  A show can have terrible art yet still have great animation, and vice versa. (The japanese are well known for making still images appear to be moving after all.)  As someone who did animation in the past and has seen countless animated movies from all around the world, I was really impressed with Panty & Stocking's animation, and the style was a breath of fresh air as well IMO.  #my2cents 

(and it's one of those rare shows where the english dub has a cult following, because it's simply hilarious and fits so well!)

I think anyone who thinks PSG had bad animation need to get their eyes checked.(or get their head out of their ass and realize the generic anime style is just that : generic)  Also, animation and art style are two different beasts.  A show can have terrible art yet still have great animation, and vice versa. (The japanese are well known for making still images appear to be moving after all.)  As someone who did animation in the past and has seen countless animated movies from all around the world, I was really impressed with Panty & Stocking's animation, and the style was a breath of fresh air as well IMO.  #my2cents 

(and it's one of those rare shows where the english dub has a cult following, because it's simply hilarious and fits so well!)

Ikr! Panty and Stocky indeed does have fantastic animation. I'm buying it on Blu - Ray when the re-release comes out and I plan watching it a second time. Probably in dub.

Ikr! Panty and Stocky indeed does have fantastic animation. I'm buying it on Blu - Ray when the re-release comes out and I plan watching it a second time. Probably in dub.

Nice!  I bought the Blu-Ray kind of on a whim after hearing a lot of praise for the show on another forum and definitely did not regret it.  I've watched all of it at least twice and a few episodes some more too!

Now I'm gonna go finish Kobato after catching up on my weekly shows.

Nice!  I bought the Blu-Ray kind of on a whim after hearing a lot of praise for the show on another forum and definitely did not regret it.  I've watched all of it at least twice and a few episodes some more too!

Now I'm gonna go finish Kobato after catching up on my weekly shows.

Good. I'm pumped (:

I heard Kobato was extremely good. What's your opinion on it?