What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I finished JoJo 2012 and the Date a Live OVA yesterday. I actually enjoyed both completely, but obviously enjoyed JoJo more. Onwards to season two of both series which wierdly enough are both airing this season.

I'm also watching Kotoura-San and Zombie-Loan. I must admit, The OP to Zombie-Loan sounds really bad, lol.

I finished JoJo 2012 and the Date a Live OVA yesterday. I actually enjoyed both completely, but obviously enjoyed JoJo more. Onwards to season two of both series which wierdly enough are both airing this season.

I'm also watching Kotoura-San and Zombie-Loan. I must admit, The OP to Zombie-Loan sounds really bad, lol.

Tell me if Kotoura-san is any good because I've been meaning to watch it and since we have similar tastes I might as well ask.

Tell me if Kotoura-san is any good because I've been meaning to watch it and since we have similar tastes I might as well ask.

I certainly will. I've seen the first four episodes so far and completely enjoyed it so far. It has a fun, but at the same time sad story and great characters. Oh, and the main girl is semi moe.

Just finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica Rebellion. I actually really enjoyed it, Just being able to see all the characters together again was fun!

Homura's transformation into evil was actually a really cool point for me. It was pretty confusing for me though with multiple worlds and what not, just couldn't keep track of it at times.

Edited by Down
Spoilers!

I just watched Rebellion too... I really hope the story continues and doesn't leave off at that point.

Been binging on tons of anime recently -- currently watching Toaru Majutsu no Index, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, and To Love Ru.

Since my last post, I've just been catching up on a lot of good series I missed since I just started recently... Trigun, Kill La Kill, Kokoro Connect, Problem Children, FMA.

I just watched Rebellion too... I really hope the story continues and doesn't leave off at that point.

Been binging on tons of anime recently -- currently watching Toaru Majutsu no Index, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, and To Love Ru.

Since my last post, I've just been catching up on a lot of good series I missed since I just started recently... Trigun, Kill La Kill, Kokoro Connect, Problem Children, FMA.

Railgun? Good choice! Let me know how Index is (Planning on watching it pretty soon).

Railgun? Good choice! Let me know how Index is (Planning on watching it pretty soon).

I'm just finishing up the first season of Index (already watched the first of Railgun) -- I like it, I feel like it's pretty similar to Railgun but with more intense plot.  

I think I prefer Railgun though, just because of more focus on Misaka.  Electromagnetic esper powers = awesome fight scenes with a lot of creative use of her powers, "Imagine Breaker" = Cancel your enemy's attack then punch them.

I'm just finishing up the first season of Index (already watched the first of Railgun) -- I like it, I feel like it's pretty similar to Railgun but with more intense plot.  

I think I prefer Railgun though, just because of more focus on Misaka.  Electromagnetic esper powers = awesome fight scenes with a lot of creative use of her powers, "Imagine Breaker" = Cancel your enemy's attack then punch them.

Alright, thanks. Yeah, Misaka is a really great and OP main character. I liked Kuroko more (not sure if you liked her), but still liked both of them. I guess I'll watch Index after I finish up a few more anime. I'll get back to you on it when I do indeed watch it!

Railgun's great. The 2nd season is even in my top 5 anime. The filler arc after it wasn't as exciting, but the Sisters Arc was nothing short of spectacular. It was adapted panel-by-panel from the manga, and packed with even harder feels and better action sequences.

But out of all the works I've come across from this franchise, I'd have to say that the Index LN is the best. Railgun may be ranked 5th on my anime list, but Index is my favorite in the LN/manga department. You can tell I'm a pretty hard Raildex fanboy. :P But yeah, the Index LN has so much depth to the universe, an anime could never hope to capture it. It's fantastically written, and Touma's characteristic monologues make him a more likable character in the LN than he is in the anime. In fact, the Sisters Arc in Railgun S was the only anime segment that actually did justice to his character.

And if you're anything like me, you might be better off reading the LN before the anime. That way you'll at least have fresh content for the LN which takes a lot more time to read as compared to watching the anime.

Railgun's great. The 2nd season is even in my top 5 anime. The filler arc after it wasn't as exciting, but the Sisters Arc was nothing short of spectacular. It was adapted panel-by-panel from the manga, and packed with even harder feels and better action sequences.

But out of all the works I've come across from this franchise, I'd have to say that the Index LN is the best. Railgun may be ranked 5th on my anime list, but Index is my favorite in the LN/manga department. You can tell I'm a pretty hard Raildex fanboy. :P But yeah, the Index LN has so much depth to the universe, an anime could never hope to capture it. It's fantastically written, and Touma's characteristic monologues make him a more likable character in the LN than he is in the anime. In fact, the Sisters Arc in Railgun S was the only anime segment that actually did justice to his character.

And if you're anything like me, you might be better off reading the LN before the anime. That way you'll at least have fresh content for the LN which takes a lot more time to read as compared to watching the anime.

Oh man, the Sisters Arc was a masterpiece and is ranked 10th in my top ten.

So I watched a 60 fps encode of Knights of Sidonia.  For those unaware, this is done by using SmoothVideo Project to generate frames of video between the existing ones to smooth animation.  Since KoS is a CG animation, this has a fairly striking effect on the video.

I can't say that I'd use it as my primary source of viewing the show, though.  On the one hand, the mecha action looks absolutely stunning at 60 fps.  The improvement over the original is (k)night and day.  On the other hand, for all the other scenes, the smoothed animation makes it glaringly obvious that it's CG, where before I didn't even notice until it was pointed out to me.

I started KoF: Another Day yesterday alongside Date a Live II. Not really much to say about it so far since its really on four 10 minute episodes, but I must say the story so far is really hard to understand.

I just finished watching sword art online. It was pretty interesting, maybe I will read the light novel of it soon.

Oh yeah, I'd highly recommend reading SAO if you liked the anime. The LN has so much more depth to the characters and setting (the game mechanics are explained much better). There'll be a few scenarios that'll make more sense as well. Unfortunately, the deus ex machina is still there, but the hospital scene will be explained in greater detail. That and the author knows how to write an exciting battle scene! Believe it or not, I actually enjoyed the combat in the LN more than the anime.

Oh yeah, I'd highly recommend reading SAO if you liked the anime. The LN has so much more depth to the characters and setting (the game mechanics are explained much better). There'll be a few scenarios that'll make more sense as well. Unfortunately, the deus ex machina is still there, but the hospital scene will be explained in greater detail. That and the author knows how to write an exciting battle scene! Believe it or not, I actually enjoyed the combat in the LN more than the anime.

Yeah I already downloaded all volumes. Also I really hope that some side characters get more content because there was quite some potential missed in the anime (and I don't really like asuna who had a too big focus in the anime in my opinion).