What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Anyone that hasn't watched Kobato.

Do it. Do it right now.

One of the most beautiful and underrated shows i've seen. I loved every minute of it.

Nosebleed likes it? Since we have extremely similar tastes, I'm sure I'll like it.

Good. I'm pumped (:

I heard Kobato was extremely good. What's your opinion on it?

Kobato was a recommendation I got on this forum and I wasn't disapointed.  Visualy it's nothing spectacular, but the story and characters are really interesting.  This show managed to make me both laugh a lot and cry a little as well.  I still have four episodes left to watch though, and I expect major feels ahead.

Kobato was a recommendation I got on this forum and I wasn't disapointed.  Visualy it's nothing spectacular, but the story and characters are really interesting.  This show managed to make me both laugh a lot and cry a little as well.  I still have four episodes left to watch though, and I expect major feels ahead.

Feels will be delivered.

Kobato has such a memorable cast of characters and a simple yet touching story.

I cried more than once at several stances and overall the show just captivated me to cheer for Kobato as well as make me want to watch it till the end. You get emotionally attached not just to the main characters but the side characters as well.

Kobato's journey to reach the place she wants to go is one i will never forget and i recommend this show to anyone anytime.

It is one of the few shows i wholeheartedly gave a 10/10

I'll start it by next week! Still lots to watch. I'll let you know.

Watched Hayao Miyazaki's "Kaze Tachinu" about the guy who invented the Zero.  Looks fabulous on Blu-Ray.  Buuut, it would be wasted on you Imaishi lovers.  There's a kid next door to me who makes flip-books with crayola crayons that'd be better for you--he's got a really "original" style.  After all, all art is equally good.

Buuut, it would be wasted on you Imaishi lovers.  There's a kid next door to me who makes flip-books with crayola crayons that'd be better for you--he's got a really "original" style.  After all, all art is equally good.

I don't exactly know what you mean by that. It's not a very original design but every Ghibli movie has gorgeous animation, approximately the best that can be produced nowadays.

Seeing planes or scenes like the earthquake at the beginning animated this well, in 2D, in 2013 is pretty close to orgasm, honestly.

Or maybe I didn't understand what you wanted to say. Happens to me a lot and I end up ranting away. 

I don't exactly know what you mean by that. It's not a very original design but every Ghibli movie has gorgeous animation, approximately the best that can be produced nowadays.

Seeing planes or scenes like the earthquake at the beginning animated this well, in 2D, in 2013 is pretty close to orgasm, honestly.

Or maybe I didn't understand what you wanted to say. Happens to me a lot and I end up ranting away. 

It was just kind of a silly way of saying, I cannot appreciate avant-garde style in anime, just as I fail to enjoy abstract modern art.

So, it's nice to see that in 2013 a great-looking movie was made using what I think of as the traditional animation style.

Guest sakanaとkoeda

Katanagatari

2 episodes in and I love it. Of course, I think I love everything Nisio Isin does. Guess its time to get into Medaka Box

I need to finish Katanagatari, too~ I was also only a couple of episodes in, but I enjoyed it as well. 

Argh, new things keep showing up though T_T

Watched episodes 2-6 of Shugo Chara and am enjoying it. It'll take me a long time to get through it since I struggle to watch things past 50 episodes. I can marathon a 26 episode anime in one sitting but get bored if s show goes on beyond 60+ *shrug*

Will be starting Kobato next week with Niko.

Watched episodes 2-6 of Shugo Chara and am enjoying it. It'll take me a long time to get through it since I struggle to watch things past 50 episodes. I can marathon a 26 episode anime in one sitting but get bored if s show goes on beyond 60+ *shrug*

Will be starting Kobato next week with Niko.

I have a huge feeling Kobato is going to be amazing. You can easily say I'm pumped~

I have a huge feeling Kobato is going to be amazing. You can easily say I'm pumped~

Sure, I'll jump on the hype train too. I'm usually fond of Clamp and it doesn't look likes it getting Dubbed anytime soon so I'll watch it now as well (it can't be any worse than the Falling Skies season premiere last night).

Edit: Just saw episode 1.  Hooked. 

Sure, I'll jump on the hype train too. I'm usually fond of Clamp and it doesn't look likes it getting Dubbed anytime soon so I'll watch it now as well (it can't be any worse than the Falling Skies season premiere last night).

Clamp is pretty solid, but I was never a big XXXholic fan. Everything else though, is good!

Clamp is pretty solid, but I was never a big XXXholic fan. Everything else though, is good!

That's my favorite Clamp. Come fight me!

(Though I don't know what the adaptation is worth)

(And that's actually false, Sakura beat them all)

Kame..hameha!

Haha, I had a friend back in high school who was really into XXXholic, though it never really pulled me in like Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. I really liked that one and enjoyed how good the OP was. Have you seen Tsubasa?

Have you seen Tsubasa?

Only read it. I was advised to not watch the anime because it's pretty bad except for the god-tier soundtrack. Don't know if it's true but since I read the manga it's not in my priorities anyway.

I liked TRC, but I still prefer xxxHolic over it.

Only read it. I was advised to not watch the anime because it's pretty bad except for the god-tier soundtrack. Don't know if it's true but since I read the manga it's not in my priorities anyway.

I liked TRC, but I still prefer xxxHolic over it.

I disagree with your sources. While the manga is probably levels above the anime, the show is actually a sweet tale and easily worth the watch. I liked it and that was back in like 07-08 when I was a bigger fan of the action based anime.

Watch it sometime. Even if its like next year xD

Two against one let's do this.  XXX-Holic, All, The, Way.  Easily one of my favorite stories (I do agree the anime could have been better).  I read both Holic and Tsubasa as they came out and loved them both.  For me, who loves the supernatural, Holic was right up my alley.