What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Well I just finished watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion(what a mouthful).  I'm still trying to decide whether I like it or not.

It's not truly bad like Darker than Black's sequel was, but...  I don't know.  It bothers me, and maybe it's supposed to.  It's obviously not the end of the story, so I can't really judge it as a complete work, but...  I really just don't know.  

Hold up... Darker Than Black ​had a sequel? 

Hold up... Darker Than Black ​had a sequel? 

Its called Darker than Black: Ryūsei no Gemini just look it up on Wikipedia or something. IMO I thought it was okay but certainty not as good as the first season. The focus is more on a little girl than on Hei. 

A lot of people really dislike the second season of Darker Than Black.

Honestly i really liked it because of Suou, i just loved her character and the ending gave me a lot of feels.

But i can see why some dislike it since the focus on Hei is fairly low and his changes are really abrupt.

Honestly i really liked it because of Suou, i just loved her character and the ending gave me a lot of feels.

But i can see why some dislike it since the focus on Hei is fairly low and his changes are really abrupt.

I hated that they turned him into a washed up and child abusive alcoholic. Overall it wasn't that bad though,

I was quite content with the ending of Darker Than Black. I will have to go watch it because I really liked her as well. Bit disappointing it is not Hei but I am sure it will still be interesting... hopefully. 

I was quite content with the ending of Darker Than Black. I will have to go watch it because I really liked her as well. Bit disappointing it is not Hei but I am sure it will still be interesting... hopefully.

It's different, just get your mind around the fact that it won't be the Hei you knew.

I hated that they turned him into a washed up and child abusive alcoholic. Overall it wasn't that bad though,

But the reasons why he turned into that were explained. What really sucked was the fact he

lost his powers

but Suou made up for that imo.

Yuru Yuri is a pretty fun show. Enjoy the yuriness!

Also, I started Gosick today. Despite having some expectations for this anime based on the general reception, it's turning out to be a lot better than I anticipated. <3 Victorique. And even though I'm only on episode 3, this is already an incredibly satisfying experience for me as a romance enthusiast. I can't wait to see how the rest unfolds. The mysteries are really interesting as well.

Yuru Yuri is a pretty fun show. Enjoy the yuriness!

Also, I started Gosick today. Despite having some expectations for this anime based on the general reception, it's turning out to be a lot better than I anticipated. <3 Victorique. And even though I'm only on episode 3, this is already an incredibly satisfying experience for me as a romance enthusiast. I can't wait to see how the rest unfolds. The mysteries are really interesting as well.

Gosick is actually in my top five! It was pretty well made and actually has a sequel novel if you're interested in the series titled "Gosick RED". Yuru Yuri is another great one.

I'm watching fourteen things this season maybe?

My favorites being:

1) Love Live

2) One Week Friends

I just finished gosick today. It was really good. :) I found the culprit for the mysteries a little obvious though.

I just finished gosick today. It was really good. :) I found the culprit for the mysteries a little obvious though.

Since you've finished it, is there any chance you know a legal streaming site that has the Gosick recap on it? That I have yet to see.

Just finished watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica a bit ago. It was.......an interesting experience. I'm about to start watching the Rebellion film, which I've heard mixed reviews about.

The movie was good, but IMO the series was a notch better.

Though, the movie is well worth trying. I watched it on Blu  Ray (Payed 90 dollars for it), and visually its amazing. 

Just finished watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica a bit ago. It was.......an interesting experience. I'm about to start watching the Rebellion film, which I've heard mixed reviews about.

This was mentioned not so long ago here but the biggest problem with the movie is the way it ended.

It's clearly incomplete and blantantly begs for a continuation, it was like at the end the creator decided "Yep, we're still going to milk this some more!" and that's where the "mixed" reviews come from.

This was mentioned not so long ago here but the biggest problem with the movie is the way it ended.

It's clearly incomplete and blantantly begs for a continuation, it was like at the end the creator decided "Yep, we're still going to milk this some more!" and that's where the "mixed" reviews come from.

I thought the movie actually ended really well (Unless there is no sequel, though I feel like there will be). I personally disliked the twist within the movie itself and not the actual ending. What was your opinion on the twist?

I thought the movie actually ended really well (Unless there is no sequel, though I feel like there will be). I personally disliked the twist within the movie itself and not the actual ending. What was your opinion on the twist?

My opinion is that it was uncalled for.

The series could have ended very well with

Homura finally entering the law of cycle and staying with Madoka forever, but she decided she had to make Madoka live for various reasons people still speculate.

She admits it's love so you can speculate Homura did it because she wants to spend time with Madoka in real life as normal girls and get back the time she couldn't have but why not spend eternity with her in the afterworld then? 

That's what felt so uncalled for, altering your loved one's memories and pretty much becoming the "villain". I felt like it was poorly done and it was written last minute just for the sake of allowing continuation and not a proper conclusion.

I liked the elements it added after (though they were barely shown) but without a sequel then the movie will be ranked fairly low.

It clearly is a 2 part movie. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, that's about as much as I've heard from others who've seen it. Just looking forward to seeing how it continues from where the series left off.

Yeah, that's about as much as I've heard from others who've seen it. Just looking forward to seeing how it continues from where the series left off.

No doubt all the events before the ending are for the most part very well done in my opinion and I enjoyed them a lot so I doubt you'll be disappointed.

And then the ending, it's all subjective, you might hate it or not.

Since you've finished it, is there any chance you know a legal streaming site that has the Gosick recap on it? That I have yet to see.

I stream all my anime from kissanime if thats any help. Theres always a synopsis but not a video recap I don't think.

My opinion is that it was uncalled for.

I completely agree with you. I mean, were they trying to go out of the box again? I say that because the series shocked some people due to how dark it got. I had a feeling it was going down the dark route to the talk between people online and the OP sequence itself (Madoka was crying), so maybe they tried to do another curveball?

@ Life: Thanks. I'll check it out. (:

Well, yeah. Nothing "needs" a sequel. Things like Rebellion would just be better with a sequel in terms of pleasing the fans because it had IMO an annoying twist and plenty of people disliked the the way it ended. I completely understand that side because the anime does feel incomplete.

Remember the scene near the end where Madoka almost remembered what was going on til Homura stopped that? That gave me the vibe that a sequel is happening.

Though i agree a sequel isn't certain you have to admit it would sit much better if they wrapped up things with a Homura vs Madoka kind of setting.

This is even implied in the end when

Madoka almost remembers everyone but Homura stops her yet still says that they'll likely be enemies in the future

To me this would really imply a need for a continuation and although not obligatory it would still make for a much cleaner wrap up.

I completely disagree with you guys on Rebellion because I do feel it could stop where it is.

The fact that we need another sequel for purposes of emotional and intellectual relief doesn't mean there will or there should be another sequel. Homura became some sort of villain - so what? Of course, this theme can be expanded, but nothing guarantees it needs to be. In fact, Homura and Madoka's relationship isn't even what bothers me the most. What bothers me the most is Sayaka. Anyway, I know it's very hard to accept Rebellion's ending as the last of it, but it's entirely possible. Rebellion can be complete in itself if you want it to be.

I can't really agree with this, because

while it is entirely possible to end a movie or show with a "and the bad guys totally win," that isn't what we got.  Watch some horror films to see how a bad ending should work.  Watch Drag Me to Hell or Fallen.  Watch The Lawnmower Man.  Rebellion's ending was more akin to The Empire Strikes Back than any of the others I mentioned.  Yeah, the (newly minted) villain won, but it's clear that it isn't a definitive victory.  There's more story there to tell.

Is it possible that we won't get another sequel?  Sure.  But if that is the case, then it would make Rebellion a bad movie.  Not because the villain won in the end, but because they didn't really give us an ending at all.