What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

This season for me is all about Ping Pong, Knights of Sidonia, Mekakucity Actors, Mushi-Shi and No Game No Life.  Ping Pong is one of the best shows I've seen in years. :o

Not from this season, I watched a bunch of series since I last posted in this thread and finished a few that I had stalled for a while.  Currently rewatching Monogatari Series Second Season, K-On!! (season 2) and Hyouka, while also watching Awaraka Under the Bridge x Bridge, Oreshura, Medaka Box and Record of Lodoss War Chronicles of the Heroic Knight (TV series).  I think I might want to rewatch Non Non Biyori sometimes soon, since I'm kinda bummed that I've already read all volumes currently published in french.

I also recently finished watching all seven Kara no Kyoukai movies/OVA.  I really enjoyed it, great series.

I just watched the first episode of To Love-Ru.  I'm not sure if I care to continue.  It's not particularly bad, but the animation quality seems a bit dated, and I don't think I'm going to get anything out of watching it that I didn't by reading the manga.

I just watched the first episode of To Love-Ru.  I'm not sure if I care to continue.  It's not particularly bad, but the animation quality seems a bit dated, and I don't think I'm going to get anything out of watching it that I didn't by reading the manga.

Don't let animation quality cloud your opinion. Season 2 is supoosed to be way better quality. Plus, I still watch anime from the 90s. Not as often of course, but I try to give them a whirl.

Don't let animation quality cloud your opinion. Season 2 is supoosed to be way better quality. Plus, I still watch anime from the 90s. Not as often of course, but I try to give them a whirl.

Season 1 has the lowest animation quality and somewhat mediocre ecchi.

Season 2 and onwards however got a MASSIVE boost in animation quality and the ecchi is top notch. I would not recommend you to give up.

Unless you hate ecchi.

Season 2 and onwards however got a MASSIVE boost in animation quality and the ecchi is top notch. I would not recommend you to give up.

Unless you hate ecchi.

I'm not usually a fan of ecchi, but I found the To Love-Ru manga hilarious.

Except that, starting in season 2, the characters' eyes have a weird glassy appearance.

Except that, starting in season 2, the characters' eyes have a weird glassy appearance.

I think that looked good. Though of course that's just me.

Hey at least it's not Minami-ke where the character design changed in each season. Eyes included.

(Minami-ke is great by the way and everyone should watch it)

I still think the artwork in Season 2 of Minami-ke is the best aside from Fujioka becoming blond.

For me it was season 4 that nailed the art

I guess what really bugged me in season 2 was Chiaki's weird dyed hair.

Season 1 had a very minimalistic look.

Season 3 was like ver 2.0 of season 1.

And season 4 added that gradient hair that I loved and really improved the eye design in my opinion. I like it the most at least.

Downloading Tokyo Magnitue 8.0

Time to feel.

The first season does look pretty bad, I guess I'd consider the 2nd as good, but the 3rd is beautiful. Also, the 1st season ( from what I heard ) was a ton of filler, so it would be new content to you :P

I forgot to mention I watched the movie Sakasama no Patema (aka Patema Inverted) last week.  It was a pretty good movie, I really enjoyed it.  I hadn't really looked into what it was prior to watching it, I just saw the release on Nyaa and grabbed it, so I was rather pleasantly surprised.  My main complaint would be that the main villain was rather simple minded (his somewhat irrational motivations were probably guided by fear I guess) but otherwise the animation quality was pretty nice, the characters were decent and the story had some good ideas.  The soundtrack was good as well.(This can often make or break a movie imho, like Joe Hisaishi's music made many movies that much better for example.)