What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Watching Detroit Metal City

Because why wouldn't I watch something with this title and cover.

Just after hearing the OP it's clearly the most brutal thing I've watched.

I expect great things in these 10 mins.

See your sides there in orbit?

By the end of DMC they'll be out of the galaxy. Wait until the Tokyo Tower getting raped.

I think only Gintama managed to make me laugh harder than that series. Too bad it's short, but maybe it's better this way, a pure concentration of laughter.

See your sides there in orbit?

By the end of DMC they'll be out of the galaxy. Wait until the Tokyo Tower getting raped.

I think only Gintama managed to make me laugh harder than that series. Too bad it's short, but maybe it's better this way, a pure concentration of laughter.

I can see them coming out and orbiting around the earth soon.

I've never heard somebody say f*ck as much as the manager does.

This level of comedy is definitely Gintama level. I'm just going to stop posting now and marathon the rest of it.

Krauser for best protagonist. The anime world needs more like him.

Thought It was about time I watched my first Yuri, so Sakura Trick here we go!

Not really the best way to start in my opinion.

Sakura Trick is, in essence, fanservice yuri.

I'd personally suggest something lighter for a start if you want to get into yuri.

If you like moeblobs and cute girls then yuru yuri is a good start (that's where i started). It doesn't take itself too seriously  and it doesn't try to shove yuri in your face all the time, it's just a cute show and a much lighter version of sakura trick.

If you want serious yuri/shoujo ai something like Sasameki Koto would be my personal recommendation. But read the manga after since the anime doesn't adapt all of it (including the conclusion). 

Sakura Trick just displays girls kissing over and over with a bunch of moe elements. And although that's nice for some yuri obsessed fans, it's not the best way to get into yuri as it can be too much for some (some of those kisses can get quite awkward). Then again I don't know what you like. I personally love it because i love cuteness and yuri, but you might not.

Just thought I'd give you my personal thoughts since the world of yuri is wonderful and I don't want someone turned off after watching only 1 anime.

Though if you're okay with fanservice and a ton of kissing and like yuri then you're likely to enjoy it~

I know I did.

Not really the best way to start in my opinion.

Sakura Trick is, in essence, fanservice yuri.

I'd personally suggest something lighter for a start if you want to get into yuri.

If you like moeblobs and cute girls then yuru yuri is a good start (that's where i started). It doesn't take itself too seriously  and it doesn't try to shove yuri in your face all the time, it's just a cute show and a much lighter version of sakura trick.

If you want serious yuri/shoujo ai something like Sasameki Koto would be my personal recommendation. But read the manga after since the anime doesn't adapt all of it (including the conclusion). 

Sakura Trick just displays girls kissing over and over with a bunch of moe elements. And although that's nice for some yuri obsessed fans, it's not the best way to get into yuri as it can be too much for some (some of those kisses can get quite awkward). Then again I don't know what you like. I personally love it because i love cuteness and yuri, but you might not.

Just thought I'd give you my personal thoughts since the world of yuri is wonderful and I don't want someone turned off after watching only 1 anime.

Though if you're okay with fanservice and a ton of kissing and like yuri then you're likely to enjoy it~

Thanks for you suggestion NB, I'll mark them down on my list, but don't worry, yuri is just too beatiful and powerful for what I've seen, so I'm positive I won't be turned off by it :lol:

So I finished Detroit Metal City.

After picking my lungs back up, I'm kind of in a stump.

Any suggestions on what to watch next? Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha was good but I want something different now for a change of pace. Something that'll excite me and make me want to watch it or just purely entertain me with its elements. 

I was thinking of watching Paniponi Dash! as I got it as a recommendation after watching Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou (2 shows I quite loved). Does it have any similar elements to it. Does it come close to it? Figured I'd just ask before starting.

So I finished Detroit Metal City.

After picking my lungs back up, I'm kind of in a stump.

Any suggestions on what to watch next? Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha was good but I want something different now for a change of pace. Something that'll excite me and make me want to watch it or just purely entertain me with its elements. 

I was thinking of watching Paniponi Dash! as I got it as a recommendation after watching Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou (2 shows I quite loved). Does it have any similar elements to it. Does it come close to it? Figured I'd just ask before starting.

That confession at the end of the first episode will always remain in my memories. Just purely hilarious. Only thing is that the ending song doesn't fit with the anime at all lol.

I just found out that Kodomo no Jikan had an anime so i'm going to start watching that. Seriously had no idea.

I only watched 1 episode, but it looks indeed in the Azumanga/Nichijou range. Don't know if it's as good as those though. I've always heard of it as a fast-paced comedy that throws a billion gags at you all the time, which means if half of them works it does its job.

Do you like sports anime? I see Chihayafuru in your plan to watch list and it's awesome.

I only watched 1 episode, but it looks indeed in the Azumanga/Nichijou range. Don't know if it's as good as those though. I've always heard of it as a fast-paced comedy that throws a billion gags at you all the time, which means if half of them works it does its job.

Do you like sports anime? I see Chihayafuru in your plan to watch list and it's awesome.

Guess I'll start it then just for the sake of trying.

I got told so many times that Chihayafuru is good despite me not being the biggest fan of sports, that's why I put it there. Is it heavily sports focused or does it have other elements?

I got told so many times that Chihayafuru is good despite me not being the biggest fan of sports, that's why I put it there. Is it heavily sports focused or does it have other elements?

There's a bit of romance but it's really light. Mainly, the characters are really really great. 

It's heavily focused on the sport (which is an atypical one though) because all the characters are fanatic about it, especially the heroine.

Do you dislike sports anime or just sports? Cuz honestly I couldn't care less about IRL sports but in anime it's often pretty cool. And karuta has this heavy cultural and atypical aspect that makes it even more easy to like for people that don't especially like sports anime.

Hmm Vivid red Operation worth watching? Read a cute h yuri doujinshi the other day of this and now I'm interested in docking.

Mecha-musume that is more on the magical-girl side than on the military one. With yuri undertones. Not great, but it's watchable.

Guess I'll give Chihayafuru a try then.

I don't mind sports in anime it just depends if the anime is heavily focused on it and lacks in every other aspect.

But if the characters are as great as you say I guess i'll like it.

I'll watch it after Paniponi Dash

So vividred operation is like Strike Witches but less quality?

Less military too. But yeah, lolibutts: the animation.

I'm currently watching Bamboo Blade, it's nice. Discovering kendo is cool, but the focus isn't that heavy on the sport. There's a good part of comedy and slice of life with it. A bit of serious business now and then too. Overall satisfying.

I finally watched The Wings of Honnêamise two days ago. It's a real masterpiece. I heard there's a chance Gainax will finally finish that sequel in the upcoming years.

Is Yamaga Hiroyuki even still working at Gainax? With all the shit they did those last 6 years, I'm kinda afraid they would manage to screw up that sequel...

Pani Poni Dash is.. an oddball to say the least.

This is clearly early Shaft. Reminds me a lot of when i first started Hidamari Sketch.

For now it's a little weird comedy wise but I believe I can get used to it. It's definitely not boring.

One thing I'm struggling to some extent is all the references.

Nonetheless I'll keep watching~

One thing I'm struggling to some extent is all the references.

Do you trudge through the pdf notes after each episodes?

I don't thing I've seen such a reference-heavy show before, besides Nyarko-san (that probably tops it) and SZS.

This is clearly early Shaft. Reminds me a lot of when i first started Hidamari Sketch.

I believe it's the first of Shinbo's works where he puts forth his style. Except maybe the Cosette OVAs.