What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Finished Nodame Cantabile. It was so good I can't even superlative. I was going to rate it a solid 9/10, but the last episode was too perfect, and endings are too important - so it's a 10/10.

Now I'm stuck debating whether to go find some illegal way to watch the later seasons (since, ridiculously, they've never been licensed in the US, even by the abomination that is Crackle), or just calling it done. The ending was very high on the closure factor, so I'll probably move on to something new, but the temptation is very high...

You know, i watched a lot of sad shows.

Clannad, made me cry.

Angel Beats, made me cry

AnoHana, made me cry

Jigoku Shoujo, made me cry

Elfen Lied, made me cry

Etc.

All these shows are pretty sad, but usually they build up to a sad conclusion rather than being depression fest.

And then i watched Ima Soko ni Iru, Boku.

This show... this show dragged me to hell and back.

Death, murder, depression, madness, destruction, every single episode was like getting kicked in the groin.

My heart was ripped out of my chest, thrown against a wall and stomped on some more.

I don't even know what the hell to feel.

The whole thing makes you want to hate life and everybody.

This show completely destroyed me on the inside.

And you know what? It was still beautiful in the end.

My hat off to this anime for making me go through such a painful journey. Shows like this are the ones i don't forget.

Did the show have flaws? Sure thing.

But you know what? I don't even care.

Take my 10/10

I'm going to cry in a corner now.

In the last two weeks, I've picked up 3 anime, a couple manga, and made some progress on a manga I picked up a while ago. With the 5th new work I picked up, which was an anime, I finally actually completed something! Why is it so hard to find something I feel like watching or reading anymore?

Anyways, Paranoia Agent turned out to be pretty incredible. It was very intriguing throughout the entirety of the series, but I had thought this would have been another one of those overly intricate works that would have never made any sense to me. Thankfully, everything starts to make sense by the last episode, and the revelations at that point were just so brilliant. And my god, completely unexpected development from the two central characters were absolutely phenomenal. But just the way everything ties together with the plot is amazing, and the show even manages to throw in a few tasteful reiterations of previous scenes to help you further appreciate the end. In addition to the incredibility of the plot, I also thought it had a fantastic focus on its central theme, and even delved a bit into other themes to reinforce it. And as for the execution of the psychological aspects in this anime, there is nothing I wouldn't call exhilarating. And while it's usually rare for any anime to surprise me even once, this show managed to do so twice.

Overall, amazingly well done. I'd consider it perfect in some areas. 8/10 (Not a common score from me.)

I'm halfway through Maken-ki!, Black Bullet, Durarara, Mawaru Penguindrum, Ro kyu bu, Chuunibyou. Yes I'm halfway through all of them.

Maken-Ki! is just awful.  Even compared to the manga which could be said has a pretty generic plot, the anime doesn't even attempt to follow it and just goes "you want bewbs? we have BEWBS! have some more BEWBS!".  It's trash tier anime that doesn't even attempt a plot and is better left alone.

I just finished Zankyou no Terror.  I can't even begin to describe how I feel about this one.  It's just got that movie feel really well down, and left me feeling stunned.  It's a series, but having watched it in one sitting, it just felt like a really long, well executed, moving, movie.  I would highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

I still can't believe I passed it off for another failed horror attempt along with Tokyo Ghouls that was in the same season. Shit was that the first time I've misjudged so damn hard.

Madan no Ou to Vandias and Mirai Nikki. I re-watched them cuz I liked them.

For Madan, I liked the way they showed the strategies (even if shallowly) and made somewhat interesting plans. Some of the shit had rather clear contriadictions, but for the sake of harem anime, I shall ignore.

Mirai Nikki is an anime in one of the genres I truly love. Plus, I realized that I've never really seen it to the end, perhaps until episode 11 at best. Not only that, but I watched it so long ago that I can't even remember Yuuki's name (Only now can I say his name, I've re-watched the anime). It's got an interesting premise not unlike 999 but not the same either. Maybe it's more similar to Battle Royale...?

I can't remember what Battle Royale was like either, so maybe that's to be added to the list of re-watching animes.

Recently, I've been trying to find a decent harem anime that doesn't revolve around ecchi. It's honestly a difficult task, with all the best ones already watched.

In case you were wondering, yes, I do like harem anime. But, I do not like shameless displays like ecchi. It's almost a paradox. Almost.

Next Avatar said: Maken-Ki! is just awful.  Even compared to the manga which could be said has a pretty generic plot, the anime doesn't even attempt to follow it and just goes "you want bewbs? we have BEWBS! have some more BEWBS!".  It's trash tier anime that doesn't even attempt a plot and is better left alone.

YES. YES. THANK YOU. I never thought anyone here would have my views on the matter. Frankly, I'm freakin' amazed.

Seriously, Maken Ki! doesn't even try. I watched to the end hoping beyond hope that the writers would wise up. But nope. They refused to be smart. They refused to take a risk. And they lost anime lovers like us in the process.

I watched the first season of Magi (Labyrinth), but haven't watched Kingdom or the Sinbad OVA yet. Labyrinth was really, really good, though I didn't feel like much had been resolved by the end. I'm curious to see if Kingdom and the OVA tie up more loose ends than they create, but I'm not really expecting much closure from this series. It kicked ass on all other fronts, so I'll forgive it anyway.

You know, I wish that, just once, an OVA would actually wrap up a good series instead of just providing fanservice. Unless wrapping it up WAS the fanservice.

KThnx.

Anyways, I'm thinking about starting on Paranoia Agent since I read it here a few hours back. Seems... Weird, but okay.

honestly aldonah zero´s plot gets more & more stupid,with inaho now turned into terminator modus...bet the 2 little princess will call son goku for backup next episode...damn what a letdown

edid: now re-watching Senjou no Valkyria, definitely the better choice

just finished rewatching isekai no Seikishi,

Had a ton of fun watching it, despite not being a fan of harem series in general I find myself enjouying the tenchi series quite a lot.

Definitly needs a second season altough i dont think that is going to happen anytime soon.

ange giving tusk her warm pantsu as a good luck charm in the latest episode was my epic anime moment of the year. go go cafe ange!

Oh god, Cross Ange? I heard that show was just run down as all hell.  I would have to pull in a few friends to be able to watch this series.  We would be laughing at how comically bad it is.

cause the characters in crossange are not so damn stereotypical like in a/z, where i cannot even imagine how they want to wrap up everything in the last 2 episodes, with now another character introduced near the end...dont get me wrong here, i´m still watching it, but what i expected from season 2 regarding the first one was absolutely not fulfilled. let alone the factum that the allmighty vers soldiers seem to act more and more dumber towards the ending.

Finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica's anime show.

My god. All the despair.

Thanks, Gen Urobuchi.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the movies. It's just sad that things ended on that note. Although it might be bittersweet,

the bit at the end where Homura seems to wield the previous powers of witches(?) or an absurdly leveled up power of time manipulation against hordes of wraiths make me excited for muh movies. This is also the only magical girl show that took the whole show for the main character to actually become a magical girl. At least, in that timeline. Inb4 Homura is actually the protagonist.

Finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica's anime show.

My god. All the despair.

Thanks, Gen Urobuchi.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the movies. It's just sad that things ended on that note. Although it might be bittersweet,

the bit at the end where Homura seems to wield the previous powers of witches(?) or an absurdly leveled up power of time manipulation against hordes of wraiths make me excited for muh movies. This is also the only magical girl show that took the whole show for the main character to actually become a magical girl. At least, in that timeline. Inb4 Homura is actually the protagonist.