What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I'm watching Revolutionary Girl Utena. I can't decide which is worse: the terrible dub, or the weirdly-proportioned people (they almost look pointy to me).

I guess gradually anime went from mostly making people look taller and pointier than in real life, towards having people mostly look shorter and rounder than in real life (blame moe for this, perhaps)? At any rate, older stuff like this show just looks weird to me. I'm going to stick with it at least through season 1, I've decided, just to see if the merits of the plot can hold it up - the show is legendary, and presumably for more than just pointy art, so I want to see why. I should probably at least switch to the sub, though...

I'm watching Revolutionary Girl Utena. I can't decide which is worse: the terrible dub, or the weirdly-proportioned people (they almost look pointy to me).

I guess gradually anime went from mostly making people look taller and pointier than in real life, towards having people mostly look shorter and rounder than in real life (blame moe for this, perhaps)? At any rate, older stuff like this show just looks weird to me. I'm going to stick with it at least through season 1, I've decided, just to see if the merits of the plot can hold it up - the show is legendary, and presumably for more than just pointy art, so I want to see why. I should probably at least switch to the sub, though...

Touma x Misaka  is the best thing in Index. They're my favorite het couple, how can you not ship them.

They're undoubtedly the best pairing in the series, but after reading a recent arc in Railgun (not sure if current or previous), I've been keen on the idea of Touma x Saten. :3 They do look like they'd make a very nice couple.

They're undoubtedly the best pairing in the series, but after reading a recent arc in Railgun (not sure if current or previous), I've been keen on the idea of Touma x Saten. :3 They do look like they'd make a very nice couple.

Touma x Saten? I don't even.

Hrrmm..

Naaahhh what am I saying.

Maybe.

Finished Kimi ni Todoke S2.

It was great. The whole journey was great. Mfw everything turned out for the best. I just love this series so much.

Goddamnit. The show never fails to make me smile. Like, really. Everyone's really sweet and all. I just can't help but get teary-eyed a lot of times. 

Also, I can't hate Kurumizawa, or Ume, if you want. She's just so, ugh. I just can't. I really can't hate anybody.

Anyway, I feel sad that I've reached the end.

Mfw I reached this one.

fkMDA0t.jpg

Also, this is literally the first time I saw him smile with his teeth.

RCP7FvL.png

Wow ....... Touma x Saten 

Now that's something I never thought of. Seems ........... interesting. Now you've got me interested in that arc(whenever it sees the divine anime light).

It was great. The whole journey was great. Mfw everything turned out for the best. I just love this series so much.

Goddamnit. The show never fails to make me smile. Like, really. Everyone's really sweet and all. I just can't help but get teary-eyed a lot of times. 

Also, I can't hate Kurumizawa, or Ume, if you want. She's just so, ugh. I just can't. I really can't hate anybody.

Mfw I reached this one.

fkMDA0t.jpg

RCP7FvL.png

Mfw I reached this one.

fkMDA0t.jpg

RCP7FvL.png

Kimi ni Todoke is a great example of romance done right. I cried several times in that show, even for things unrelated to the main couple.

I suggest you check out the manga, stuff gets better later on.

If yuo want a similar show to Kimi ni Todoke, I suggest checking out Lovely Complex. Great comedy, some feels too and just a cute romance overall and in my opinion it's just as good as Kimi ni Todoke with its own quirks.

So in our anime club, we ( this time meaning me, the vice secretary, and another member) saw this anime set in the post apocalypse. There's this talking pig that I called Pigglet because I forgot what his name was, that was being raised by a loli Kickass. Then there was this other guy who was kind of forgettable and another guy who looked like puberty only reached him from everything above his belly button. And then at the end, they basically become a team of Kickasses.

It was kind of stupid... so I really liked it.

Mfw I reached this one.

fkMDA0t.jpg

RCP7FvL.png

Kimi ni Todoke is a great example of romance done right. I cried several times in that show, even for things unrelated to the main couple.

I suggest you check out the manga, stuff gets better later on.

If yuo want a similar show to Kimi ni Todoke, I suggest checking out Lovely Complex. Great comedy, some feels too and just a cute romance overall and in my opinion it's just as good as Kimi ni Todoke with its own quirks.

Lovely Complex indeed worth to watch,

it maybe old but the story plot greatly to be praised.

I like Lovely Complex too.

Wow ....... Touma x Saten 

Now that's something I never thought of. Seems ........... interesting. Now you've got me interested in that arc(whenever it sees the divine anime light).

Unfortunately you only get to see maybe 20 minutes total of it in written form so far, so thats like 5 mins in anime.  Overall, in the Index universe Saten basically doesn't exist, and she primarily acts as an audience insert characterv for the Railgun side, which means that no matter how much you want it to happen, it never will.  I mean, hell at one point she even plays wingman for Misaka in getting Touma. 

Unfortunately you only get to see maybe 20 minutes total of it in written form so far, so thats like 5 mins in anime.  Overall, in the Index universe Saten basically doesn't exist, and she primarily acts as an audience insert characterv for the Railgun side, which means that no matter how much you want it to happen, it never will.  I mean, hell at one point she even plays wingman for Misaka in getting Touma. 

She's more memorable in the moments she appears than half of the main characters at least.

Ended up watching all the Candy Boy ONAs, I remember watching like 2 or 3 a long time ago when I wasn't a huge fan of yuri.

But it's a whole different story now. Cute stuff~

She's more memorable in the moments she appears than half of the main characters at least.

Agreed - she's one of the better side characters in the anime. I'm actually surprised to hear how little role she has in the LNs, given how interesting her character is. The Level-Upper arc was actually enjoyable because of the cool Saten stuff that happened...

Mfw I reached this one.

fkMDA0t.jpg

RCP7FvL.png

Kurumi is a legitimate contender for best girl in Kimi ni Todoke. I love that the show has no "bad" people - just people.

Watched the first couple episodes of Outbreak Company, interesting premise and its jokes have been funny. My only problem is it seems a bit awkward in its dramatic moments, like it stands out too much when transitioning from comedy to drama: from a funny reference to an anime/manga and suddenly to a reminder of how bad it is for non-human characters in the kingdom.

Agreed - she's one of the better side characters in the anime. I'm actually surprised to hear how little role she has in the LNs, given how interesting her character is. The Level-Upper arc was actually enjoyable because of the cool Saten stuff that happened...

Well Saten was originally introduced in Railgun, and they had to retcon the books (techinically, but not practically) in order to fit in with the Space Elevator.  Basically because she was originally from a side story and not from the main arc, she never gets any role in the main series, which is perfectly fine considering that every character in the main series has some strange quirk about them.  EVERY LAST ONE, where as Saten is just a regular character, so she wouldn't fit in or even have a role to play because any role that she could possibly fulfill can be done by a character already present.  That's just how normal she is.

I'm still baffled at why people think NGNL is better than Mondaiji even after rewatching both of them and then rereading everything that has been translated.

Eh NGNL and Monadiji follow the same exact formula. They're both good at what they're doing too.

Imo the difference mostly comes down to the characters

Both Sora and Izayoi are really OP.

In Mondaiji you get 2 more OP-ish characters which have relevant roles.

In NGNL you get the protagonist's sister which is mostly for fanservice, despite being really cute and some sidekicks.

In Mondaiji you have actual battles which is pretty exciting.

In NGNL you have a plethora of games.

In addition, the characters in Mondaiji have powers as opposed to NGNL where humans are normal.

But still, Imo just because of the variety of things, NGNL is kind of more interesting, also Shiro is cute.

But i loved watching Mondaiji as well, the battles and crazy powers are fun to see.

In terms of direction they both do the same exact thing only in different settings.

So yeah it's really down to the characters and wether you like more battle focused action or game focused action. I can definitely swe valid arguments for both sides.

Finished Toaru Majutsu no Index II.

Academy City Inv. arc 17 - 22 probably my favorite arc.

Will finish up Railgun S next and then maybe check out the movie TMnI: Endymion no Kiseki

I'm waiting for S3 going all in with the Academy City Battle Royale arc... Oh boy, thats gonna be fun to watch.

Damn, you've made me want to read Index from the beginning again.  Everything past the second season of Index is literal gold.  The story seriously starts picking up.

Don't expect much from Endymion, its basically ginormous fanservice to anyone who likes the Index Universe.  It adds literally nothing to the plot considering how little had to be retconned to allow it to happen.  It's only really vaguely referenced in most of the media.  Again, you should really only watch it if you liked the characters of Index and not for the plot.  Though I can see the argument that if you completely remove it from the Indexverse it would be another typical oneshot anime movie.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Log Horizon. It looks promising so far, and all the talk about the 'Debauchery Tea Party' has me pretty excited about it.

Will finish up Railgun S next and then maybe check out the movie TMnI: Endymion no Kiseki

The movie is as good as watching one of the minor arcs. If you think that Index-verse has got you excited enough, then you should watch it.

Finished Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken. I'm really amazed how that not even 40 minutes long series drew me in. Very warm story about otaku husband and 'normal' wife. Even with some quirks from both sides it really felt like a just normal couple. It really makes one think there could be still some happiness is the future... Yea, right :P

8/10

I haven't seen NGNL yet, but enjoyed Mondaiji a whole lot more than I expected to. The setting really made the show for me - the characters in Mondaiji were ok at best, powers were somewhat interesting but not explained in enough detail for my taste, and the fights are fine but not really my thing. But the setting was very, very compelling, and the humor definitely got through to me on occasion (the long discourse on Black Rabbit's enchanted skirt may have been the high point of the show). Are the Mondaiji light novels worth reading? I think the only English version is a fan translation, right?