What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Stop being so nitpicky you baka Nnyumo0.png

What OP and ED? >.>

I liked the usage of linking them with the beginning and endings of episodes but other than that I don't really pay attention to them

BUT SHANA OPS ARE FUCKING AMAZING. Sorry, had to,get that out of my system. Glad you,liked the end of S1.

Yeah, it's a little bit of a heart stab that you couldn't appreciate the soundtrack as much as we did. Hell, watching the OP on youtube was what actually got me to try this anime out (similar case with K-on). Oh well, to each their own~ I'm glad you liked it so much. And hey, there's still a possible chance you'll like S3. Though I didn't really like it nearly as much as the prior 2, I have found a few oddballs that loved S3 for its plot. It didn't work for me due to the lack of character focus.

Finished up S1 Shagukan no Shana

Misc. Thoughts/Ramblings

Feelings Revelation

Finally these two quacks were able to identify wtf was wrong with themselves

fwvli3V.jpg

ksJyQyC.jpg

#23 Episodes ftw

#GG Easy

#Get on their level of relationship problem solving folks

Couple Suicide

*Sniff* Idk there was just something about Shana accepting her duty as Flame Haze to die for the sake of the world and Yuuji deciding to die with her like the loyal dumbass that he is that was just so touching for me;

Normally you'd expect the typical wishy washy 'I won't let you die; there has to be another way!!!" or the dreaded 'Fk you, I'm dying while you're living!' but these two were just like 'This is what is going to happen, so we'll die together'. So fking beautiful!@#Eblj24T.jpg

Facing inevitable death hand in hand...

8E56wbl.jpg

...together...

~~~

*tear* I'm such a sap LOL

6mf9QDM.jpg

OMG SHE SAID IT!!! GUYS, SHE FKING SAID IT!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE FUWANOVEL

11Jne5N.jpg

BUT THEN THIS SHIT JUST SMILES AND DOESN'T RESPOND WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

~~

Other misc. comments

• Excellent way to start off the trilogy. The world, lore, characters from every sides and factions are all fleshed out quite nicely.
  • Villains were done extremely well; every one of them had a pretty interesting scheme and they were all memorable to me and didn't feel like fodder; Friagne with his creepy doll Marianne, the incest siblings Sorath & Tiriel, that one mad scientist guy, and the Bal Masque...
  • I'll admit, while Shana was in annoy mode I was actually thinking about how great Yoshida-san was for Yuuji compared to Shana. The show was just relentless in that aspect- make Shana say the stupidest things ever while making Yoshida-san say the most brilliant things ever (ie. she's the first to say Yuuji is human). I hope S2 doesn't pull more of those, but it's kinda what needs to happen since Yoshida-san would have absolutely no chance against Shana otherwise huh >.>

I expect great things from S2. You guys already gave me enough warnings about S3 so I'll make sure to prep for that later~

Okay fuck you man. I laughed so hard.

Maybe I should download the entirety of the series again.

I loved it back at 5th grade or something.

It's been what, 5 years?

Or 6. I don't really remember.

But I remember hyping for it back at 4th grade.

Also, I agree with OP and ED being great. They're really great.

SECOND SEASON'S OP IS ALSO GREAT. BOTH OF THEM.

Other that that, I started watching Saekano like two days ago.

I can't bring myself to finish it immediately because I'll definitely miss it, so I just watched until Episode 5.

It's great. It's really great. Megumi Kato's sitting with Kosaki up there in my best girl list.

Every one of them is great, really. I haven't seen the cousin soooo.

I like how they make fun of otaku-related things and how cliche most things are, considering that a lot of their tropes are also cliche lol.

Anyway, also watched Kimi ni Todoke S2 Episode 00. OH MY GOD KURUMIZAWA I LOVE YOU EVEN MORE NOW.

Hands-down, she's the person I can relate to the most. Her pain is just, ugh. It just goes through my heart and it hurts and I just ugh.

Needless to say, I can't hate her. In fact, I love her as a character. This is coming from a guy who can't hate shit, so to each their own.

It's not that Kurumi was the life of the show though. Sawako was definitely the girl giving life to the show and I definitely teared up a lot of times (maybe as many episodes as the series has), but I just can't ignore Kurumi, y'know?

Closing Remarks:

KATO IS GODLY

Good, now you can repent for your sins.

Season 3 OP was my favorite~

Anyway, also watched Kimi ni Todoke S2 Episode 00. OH MY GOD KURUMIZAWA I LOVE YOU EVEN MORE NOW.

Hands-down, she's the person I can relate to the most. Her pain is just, ugh. It just goes through my heart and it hurts and I just ugh.

Needless to say, I can't hate her. In fact, I love her as a character. This is coming from a guy who can't hate shit, so to each their own.

It's not that Kurumi was the life of the show though. Sawako was definitely the girl giving life to the show and I definitely teared up a lot of times (maybe as many episodes as the series has), but I just can't ignore Kurumi, y'know?

Closing Remarks:

KATO IS GODLY

If there's one thing Kimi ni Todoke does right, it's paying attention to its side characters.

Actually it feels like an insult to call them side characters. They're main characters for me, Yano and Chizuru all have their own arcs in the manga. The latest volume is even mostly about Yano~

While I don't think Kurumizawa was the greatest character in the show, she's definitely not someone you can hate, and later down the manga she becomes a lot more likeable.

Point is, Kimi ni Todoke is great.

If there's one thing Kimi ni Todoke does right, it's paying attention to its side characters.

Actually it feels like an insult to call them side characters. They're main characters for me, Yano and Chizuru all have their own arcs in the manga. The latest volume is even mostly about Yano~

While I don't think Kurumizawa was the greatest character in the show, she's definitely not someone you can hate, and later down the manga she becomes a lot more likeable.

So much truth. My favorite thing about Kimi ni Todoke is how it initially sets up the "opposing" characters so they look like they're going to be one-dimensional, unlikeable caricatures, and then gently shades the situation in, until you realize they're all eminently likeable, relatable people. This is especially well-done with Kurumizawa, who ended up being my favorite character in the series.

Kurumi actually reminds me a lot of Ami in Toradora! (who is clearly best girl).

On a separate but somewhat related note, I just finished up Chunibyo and its OVA. Truly excellent show. For some reason, the character I keep thinking about is Nibutani:

I was initially shocked when she showed off the ugly side of her personality in episode 3, and kind of disliked her briefly. Then I felt guilty about it in retrospect, and decided that maybe she's also a bit like Ami from Toradora! (which I would have been totally ok with). However, in the subsequent episodes, most of that apparent bitchiness disappeared, and she ended up being halfway between the initial (bubbly, happy, nice) personality and the episode 3 bitchy personality. Probably best summarized as rather irritable, but mostly caring about others. The end result was that I was kind of unsure what to think about her. I think I would've liked her more (perhaps respected her more?) if they'd gone a bit more extreme with her personality, in either direction. I really like both Ami in Toradora! and Kurumi in Kimi ni Todoke because they're very honest with themselves. This series, as well, mostly shows off people who are very honest and open. Nibutani, however, is the worst at this (though she is good at encouraging it in others, oddly). Anyway, no real point here I guess, just thinking my thoughts.

Oh, I should add: the scene at the end of the OVA with Nibutani and Dekomori was 100% gold.

@KosakiFag wait what? Did I do something wrong >.>

I just laughed a lot, no worries.

Thought I'd regard it as a normal shoujo show, but then boom. The way it expands on all of its characters and not only Sawako brings me endless joy. IT doesn't waste the potential it gives the other characters, unlike other mangas. So to say, it really is great.

Watching Nisekoi, into episode 6 so far, still has no idea what to expect next.

Expect anything and everything more or less. :D

Finished the first season of Haruhi. The animation is a bit disturbing at times. But otherwise I enjoyed it. Now the dreaded season 2 everyone say I should skip.

But still, all of those have a hint of a romantic subplot sans VOTOMS which I can't attest to having seen. You just can't find a story without romance anymore, even if it's a hint of it. If someone can find me a show that fits his description, I will give massive props. The only one that I can think of off the top of my head is Fate/Zero if you don't include the GAR(ider). Actually, I can't be sure it didn't have fanservice somewhere in it, because the entire thing was fanservice for me, so I might have overlooked something.

Soul Eater?

It has boobs, but no romance serious romance, whatsoever

I want to end this page even one post quicker because every time I see this post, I cry inside at how bad they butchered the second season of Spice and Wolf.

But still, all of those have a hint of a romantic subplot sans VOTOMS which I can't attest to having seen.  You just can't find a story without romance anymore, even if it's a hint of it.  If someone can find me a show that fits his description, I will give massive props.  The only one that I can think of off the top of my head is Fate/Zero if you don't include the GAR(ider).  Actually, I can't be sure it didn't have fanservice somewhere in it, because the entire thing was fanservice for me, so I might have overlooked something.

Allow me to join everone and say, "you should skip it".

Or a slightly more nuanced view: you should watch the first episode of season 2, and then skip the rest of it. The movie is fantastic, but you really need to see Season 2 Episode 1 first (and that episode is fine).

"The movie is fantastic..."  Definitely not my view.  You should take that with a pound of salt...unless you like watching Haruhi with all the humor drained out of it...

And then, speaking of humor, I tried watching No Game No Life...  there's a show where the best parts are the silly parts, but the show is schizophrenic... like Sora no Otoshimono.  One minute the scene tries to be serious and thoughtful, and the next...silly.  Then back to serious again.  And then there was the bizarre coloring.  And the thing with the earth's mantle.  And I really don't like either main character.  Anyway, I got about halfway through the show before I said enough is enough...

Expect anything and everything more or less. :D

Finished the first season of Haruhi. The animation is a bit disturbing at times. But otherwise I enjoyed it. Now the dreaded season 2 everyone say I should skip.

Season 2 isn't bad.  I will repeat: Season 2 is not bad.  It is just that for whatever god damn reason they decided to make the short story titled "Endless Eight" into an 8 episode series, when it was only ~40 pages in the original light novel, something that should have been relegated to two episodes.  For reference, my PDF version (screw you guys, I don't care) has the first volume at 169 pages, which took up 6 episodes of the first season.  Now, Endless Eight is 44 pages.  Tell me, how would making a 44 page short story longer than an entire book make any sense.  It does't.  

My suggestion: watch the first and last episode of that story "arc", and save yourself the boring hour and a half it wants to waste your time with.  Don't give a shit about the fandom that says you need to watch it to be a true fan, even the manga version only drew two chapters for this silly arc.

The movie I personally found absolutely fantastic.  It was the only arc besides the first arc in Haruhi that really had me excited for the shit that they were going to pull next.  It also really brings together and puts everything that has happened into perspective for Kyon.  The next time something like this happens is books 9-11 which will never be animated if the current trend holds.

Finished Nisekoi.... um... what.... That inconclusive ending.

Oh well, waiting for season 2 I guess...

It's fun a series fortunately. Otherwise it would be boring.

Nisekoi and conclusive are two words that will never be used in the same sentence, and any time you do see them in the same sentence, you immediately know the person is lying.

Soul Eater?

It has boobs, but no romance serious romance, whatsoever

You make me want to bash my head through my monitor.  Soul eater had no romantic subplot?  What was that entire thing between Maka and Soul then?  That entire section was an allegory for love.  Also, I'm not sure if you have bothered to look at the translation of the first opening "resonance" or the ending "PAPERMOON", but they are basically love songs.  Also, do I even need to mention that every pair in that story was heterosexual along with the ever so damn obvious "two souls getting linked together with resonance".  You know what that sounds like to me? Marriage.  

/rant