What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

yup there´re very little clues up until now regarding the dragons and how they are connected to toumas power or not. even in shinjaku there´re no big revelations.
but as we know toumas existence is the central point in the whole series and it would be somehow nice to get some informations, i mean after countless arcs we still know nothing.

na i´m pretty sure it wasn´t really mentioned in season 1 or 2 & therefore only later in the manga.

think first time was during the fight with fiamma or so. also during the level 6 attempt by kihara gensei on misaka mikoto, where 8 dragons emerge

wonder why they´re waiting so long with the production of the sequel, when the series is pretty popular

Edit: yeah it has been shown at one point in season 1 when a dragon appeared in the fight where touma wants to recapture the girl who attracts vampires or stuff

Goddamn, this is the spoilery shit.  If it hasn't been animated, don't give names or places.

though it can be seen as a spoiler in a way it isn´t really one, cause there´s no real information bout it, you literally see the same as in season 1 and can only speculate what he is related to. perhaps there´ll be an answer to it in the year 2025 when season 5 has aired, regarding the current speed they are animating the mangas or the Ln´s... :P as for now its only known that several people before touma had possesed the imagine breaker, but nothing bout the dragon(s), or the invisible thing so far.
after all the different kinds of enemies he fought, whether they´ve been espers, magicans, magic gods or other entities, i only miss the appereance of devil(s) and therefore wouldn´t be surprised if he turns out to be one himself in the end.

it actually might become true, when you look at that what is known bout allisteir crowleys plan for the world, with the whole overtrowing of religions & creating an artificial heaven on earth, where touma´s power is playing a crucial role in it

edit: as for the misaka attempt sry that i mentioned it

I couldn't find a legal way to watch Milky Holmes for the anime club (you say "Excuse"; I say "Plausible deniability"), so I started watching Chuunibyo. As you may be able to guess from my avatar, that's going pretty well. I haven't laughed this hard at an anime since I watched Working!!, which is high praise from me.

I was pleasantly surprised at Margaret McDonald as Rikka - I don't expect to enjoy her work, after her performances in Girls und Panzer, Little Busters!, and Tamako Market all sounded very monotone to me, but she does an excellent job with Rikka. The rest of the cast is basically great as expected (I generally really like Sentai dubs), and I was delighted to hear Brittney Karbowski show up as a main character in the episode I just watched.

I'm about midway through S3 of Zero no Tsukaima

2nd season was a bit ehh compared to the 1st; too many side characters introduced with story wasted focusing on them (ie. Agnes)... Void magic & Gand@#% lore was not expanded upon much(there IS more lore about that, right..? I like lore!!); repetitive drama between Saito x Louise (gets even worse in S3; how many times do they have to confirm that they love each other and only each other only for Saito to get tempted like a scrub 2 seconds later and Louise to be unforgivingly stubborn >.> oh right, there's 4 seasons -.-)

S1 S&L (Saito & Louise) dynamics were the most enjoyable for me. No feelings, no commitments; just master beating on familiar for being a lecherous chick magnet.

After S1 though it's Louise beating on Saito for being an unfaithful dunce (though it's her fault as well for not communicating her feelings; actually it's both of their faults for not making their damn relationship official so everybody would back the fk off) and so you have to grind 6+ episodes of back and forth BS just to finally get 10 seconds of quality S&L time (which then gets ruined by more BS shortly after)

Siesta is the most infuriating reverse-cockblocking man-stealer ever. We all already know she has ZERO chance so when her only purpose is to create needless smh-worthy drama for S&L it's pretty damn annoying. That being said, Siesta's actually somewhat a good type of annoying (if that even makes sense) cuz like although I get annoyed I've also had a lot of fun getting to join in on Louise's being irked and "YO WTF SAITO" reactions whenever he gets tempted.

And Siesta does have some hilarious ceasefire-truce moments with Louise whenever there's a third girl in the picture soo +1 for her? (tho -9324832948 for all the other annoying moments) >.>

qCEFq0X.jpg

rJWp0yj.jpg

Too lazy to dig through favorite S&L moments. Maybe will do that after I finish S3 & S4 and do another Misc. Thoughts/Ramblings

Edit: Oh gawd this post looks like a huge negative rant but I'm actually having alotta fun with this show so dw :nervous:

I just watched Suisei no Gargantia and I enjoyed it a lot. I was kinda expecting ocean punk mecha action, and dark one at that, because I heard that Urobuchi was part of the production. Instead I got really good coming of a age story, which tackled all kinds of subjects, from immigration to social Darwinism. The characters were for the most part really good, even the mechas had awesome personalities.

It also has the cutest thing ever, Amy.

Amy-suisei-no-gargantia-35042316-400-533

I just watched Suisei no Gargantia and I enjoyed it a lot. I was kinda expecting ocean punk mecha action, and dark one at that, because I heard that Urobuchi was part of the production. Instead I got really good coming of a age story, which tackled all kinds of subjects, from immigration to social Darwinism. The characters were for the most part really good, even the mechas had awesome personalities.

It also has the cutest thing ever, Amy.

Amy-suisei-no-gargantia-35042316-400-533

(Finished) S4 Zero no Tsukaima.

Hoh boy where should I start...

Why the hell couldn't S2 & S3 be like this?! >.>

S4 was a blast!!!

Misc. Thoughts/Ramblings(spoilers) (IMG heavy; but dw I nerfed them all to be 50~100KB each)

Void Magic + Familiar lore utilized more. I like lore :D
  • Julius x Saito are the Zero no Tsukaime version of Rewrite's Sakuya x Kotarou >.> I totally didn't even foreshadow the revelation of Julius also being a legendary familiar.
  • Was obvious that Tiffa was a Void Mage. But I HATED the plot twist of her making Saito her familiar.
  • I liked the direction the show was going setting up Void Mages and their importance in the upcoming grand conflict; unfortunately King Joseph's role as main antagonist ends by episode 3 and so they have to asspull a random dragon to be the final big baddie.
  • Why the fk didn't the pope just jump with Julius instead of pushing Julius off and staying there to be eaten. Because plot, I know. But that was so stupid >.>.
  • Apparently the whole Ancient Dragon + Void Mages relationship is anime-only, but I think they did a decent job overall of hyping it up and creating a sense of dread.

~~~

Saito & Louise are finally able to actually develop their relationship properly instead of doing the whole 'one step forward, two steps back' BS from previous seasons. Well, they still kind of do that every now and then, but the drama was handled quite well and felt meaningful compared to previous seasons~

Saito x Louise (some favorite moments)

:heart:  :kosame:  :heart:

There's PLENTY of S&L moments in every episode this time around and they just make me go 

Beginnings
VGUNVFM.jpg

Remember, this was how it was in the beginning S1 >.>

I miss S1's robotic Louise >.>

X6Wn2BO.jpg

Just wait a few seasons.

g5z6nqR.jpg
"You're just a familiar"  -> "Because you're my familiar" -> "Because I love you" :D

Little Kitty

Little Kitty wants to be bullied by Big Kitty~

knK1FBR.jpg

oohMTkH.jpg

CA4Hz5z.jpg

HHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Lemon-chan

Hey look, it's 

Index Lemon-chan!Jb2EBC9.jpg

QEfZbrY.jpg

HHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

LOL

2DEvnnR.jpg

jm2KBbL.jpg

THIS is how cockblocking moments should be xD

Siesta (comments)

She finally cuts down (a bit) on the obnoxious man-stealing attempts and redeems herself a bit. It takes ALOT to reverse my opinion of an annoying character, so props to her 

^_^

+1 Wingwoman
TKEMSjg.jpg

Yup.

YbJCrmp.jpg

MHMMM. Saito Baka.

For realz, this girl deserves some respect for choosing to help Louise x Saito relationship instead of trying to take advantage of the situation (She totally would try to steal Saito if this was S3 I bet >.>)

+100 pep talk

kvwH1Py.jpg

sQOCMyB.jpg

I'll admit, throughout the show I kept going 'WHY IS THIS F@#% MAID HERE' but this comment just made me feel all fuzzy and nostalgic thinking about them all growing old together ^^;

EPzTwgl.jpg

Like sure she annoyed my ass off for a long time, but in the end, I'm still fond of Sestia. Somewhat.

D8FPJJs.jpg

:wub:

Tabitha & Tiffa (comments)

Annnnd to replace Sestia's man-stealing role, we have Tabitha & Tiffa (and Henrietta, but she'll get her own section so I can rant 

<_<)

Tabitha
MP0o0pO.jpg

Tabitha was fine- she at least knew her place so she never really crossed any lines. And with her cold-upfrontness she was able to take advantage of Louise's tsun personality and reverse-psychology her into not giving up on Saito.

No words needed to capture the emotion in this scene. 10/10

b0TFpq2.jpg

Translation: I will bring Saito happiness by bringing you to your senses and making you go back to him.

E9peaFp.jpg

OH IT'S ONNNN xD

Tiffa

Tiffa was also alright... She's the typical innocent naive type so I can't really fault her (and she gets a huge get-out-of-jail free card from Eclipsed's Hate Train for being the sole reason Saito is still alive after his glorious one man stand against 70,000 troops back in S2).

It was interesting to see how Louise would deal with having to 'share' Saito as a familiar >.>

Ir0uWiL.jpg
^Ah, that brings back memories...

0KzWRjZ.jpg

Sorry Fuwa no longer hosts torrents

NiqgRwL.jpg
Random comment: I wonder how many girls did Louise kiss throughout the series >.>

K4D2XEr.jpg

Honestly though I think the show seriously overstepped its boundaries. Like it ruined the sacredness between Saito and Louise by making Saito someone else's familiar as well -.-

xvJcnfH.jpg

ATTA BOY SAITO. NOW IF YOU CAN JUST STOP KISSING OTHER GIRLS YOU HAVE 100% MY RESPECT.

But yeah in general the distinction between whether Louise and Saito's relationship was one of 'Master & Familiar' (S1) or 'Lover & Lover' (S4) is an important distinction to realize (S2 & S3 they were in between which was why everything was so stagnant) yada yada.

Derflinger

...You're not going to make fun of me if I confess that I cried when the sword died, right? >.>

eS0kNAT.jpg

fgMy7LL.jpg

I totally didn't see that coming and after 4 seasons of Saito having his trusty Derflinger only for it to die just like that was friggen' heartbreaking.

cont' from prev. post cuz 25 image limit too stronk

Henrietta (rant)

Okay I was about to rant about Henrietta but it would probably be an essay longer than my 

2000 post celebration thingy and I'm tired already so >.>

TL;DR
0MI1fQq.gif

4azrfgu.jpg

Like seriously? I was having a blast with Episodes 1~4 cherishing the Saito x Louise moments and then Saito goes and pulls this BS -_____________________-
It's like man, this guy just doesn't learn!@#

TLSR (Too Long, Still Reading)
Continuing from the above, F#$% Saito. I lost SOO much respect for the guy because this time he REALLY messed up. Like omfg how many times are you gonna etjioegjlkdnfksn I don't even JKAJRGJSJKLGHSJKGWEKSLSDKLF

Sestia was annoying, but I don't think I ever hated her. I HATED Henrietta after this. Her shamelessness about it doesn't help either. Rebounding after Prince Wales died, much? 

/end rant. That wasn't too bad :P. Anyways moving on.

I outright cheered Louise on as she left Saito's ass but omg I felt sooo bad for her. I mean just look at her ;-;
Rmb9kms.jpg
;-;

Saito is clearly remorseful for his actions though and his following statement really does prove that Louise is the one and only one for him. But it's overall value is kinda diminished because by now you just can't trust the guy anymore >.>
SKSzixi.jpg
THEN WHY DO YOU ALWAYS FKING CHEAT YOU MOTHER F#$^%$&32%^$^%#@

Alas, good ol' Louise is mature now & after some pep talk from Talbitha + Kirche she can learn to forgive. Now If Saito can learn to reject the others & be more faithful in return >.>
LfHGkUO.jpg

kBmLJZj.jpg

7s2ZThE.jpg
Try not to screw up ever again, Saito.

Bonus

dYWgyaV.jpg
YEAHHH B!#@$ SLAP THAT PRINCESS GOGO LOUISE!!!

Was kinda nice to see these supposed childhood friends burn some steam but overall I still dislike Henrietta's attitude. Even when Saito rejects her she does the whole 'my feelings won't ever change'. Okay cool, but stop trying to make advances on him when he's already taken and has no interest in you -.-

All in all though this was probably my favorite Louise x Saito drama episode. It really pushed their relationship to the limits

Ending

I agree, Nosebleed. The ending was definitely icing on the cake! Definitely one of the better feel-good endings I've had from an anime in a while

:D
lNp4lQa.jpg

2aZOx0Q.jpg

S8bYprY.jpg

Jrrn5gF.jpg
:wub:

And they visit Japan kyaaa!@#

mgAakzX.jpg

BUjjykL.jpg

nmRMumI.jpg

~~~
My Ratings on MAL (based heavily on enjoyment factor)

• S1: 8
  • S2: 7
  • S3: 7
  • S4: 9

S4 did the series justice :)

It certainly helps with enjoyment that all of the girls in Gargantia are ridiculously cute, though; something about the art style in that show really works for me, I guess. If I had to pick one (and of course I have to pick one), I'd definitely say Bellows, though; long red ponytail is basically all my favorite hair qualities at once.

The combination of natural blush and slightly tanned skin is almost illegally cute. Why isn't it used more often? So much wasted potential... 

S4 Zero no Tsukaima.

Derflinger

...You're not going to make fun of me if I confess that I cried when the sword died, right? >.>

eS0kNAT.jpg

fgMy7LL.jpg

I totally didn't see that coming and after 4 seasons of Saito having his trusty Derflinger only for it to die just like that was friggen' heartbreaking.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRF!!!  (I was actually going to rage if you didn't mention him)

This was actually the saddest part of the entire series when I was reading the LN for me.  It's always the sentient inanimate objects that make you the saddest when they leave.  It's because you know they didn't have a choice to do it, yet they did it anyway.  Also, because they are inanimate, it actually highlights how much character and personality they actually had compared to some of the other less agreeable characters.

Now on to Shakugan no Shana sans season 3.  I'm afraid you will just stop if you try to watch season 3.  You didn't like Saito being a dick? Yuuji's logic in season 3 makes me want to murder the author. Just take the hint at season 2 as canon and leave it at that.  You gotta keep the TsundeRie LN anime adaptation train moving!

I have never seen the glowy sunburned shoulders anywhere else, either, and it adds a lot; but, yeah, I think it's mostly the blush. I suppose the environment of the show is relevant, since it explains the tanned/burned look, but there are other other anime with settings that would explain a well-tanned look, but which go for completely pale - Magi, for instance. I wonder if nobody usually uses those touches because of the strong cultural aesthetic preference for very pale skin.

The preference for pale skin might be the reason for it, or it just might be the general way doing things in the industry. Anime characters tend to have very unicolor faces, with exception of turning red when embarrassed. That's why the lively colored faces stand out so much. I tried to look if I could find anything else with same style of facial drawing, but I couldn't. The character designer for Gargantia had some examples in his other works, but he's a H-manga author, so that's hardly a good reference point.

I want more natural blush in my anime... 

Eclipsed, I'm glad to know you also enjoyed the last season of ZnT despite the shakey moments and all the harem BS. I think season 4's ending was really "aww" worthy. Louise is one of the tsunderes I'll always respect.

ZnT was the first more "serious" romance-ish show I watched that progressed the relationship of the MCs until the end and it always has a special place in my heart because of it.

Now if I were to make a comparison to Shakugan no Shana based on this, Imagine all the good things happen in season 1 and 2 and then season 3 is just a huge fucking mess that basically destroys everything the previous seasons built up too and you're always wishing it would just end, although in the end you still get the ending they deserve.

If you're ready for that, feel free to dive into Shakugan no Shana.

Shana is voiced by Rie, just like Louise, and they're both tsunderes so at least you got that going for it.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRF!!!  (I was actually going to rage if you didn't mention him)

This was actually the saddest part of the entire series when I was reading the LN for me.  It's always the sentient inanimate objects that make you the saddest when they leave.  It's because you know they didn't have a choice to do it, yet they did it anyway.  Also, because they are inanimate, it actually highlights how much character and personality they actually had compared to some of the other less agreeable characters.

Now on to Shakugan no Shana sans season 3.  I'm afraid you will just stop if you try to watch season 3.  You didn't like Saito being a dick? Yuuji's logic in season 3 makes me want to murder the author. Just take the hint at season 2 as canon and leave it at that.  You gotta keep the TsundeRie LN anime adaptation train moving!

S3's that bad huh >.>

edit: well damn. Do you think S3 is skippable-worthy like Abyssal suggested, Nosebleed? xD