What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

You know, such information is unnecessary. If I was looking for such imagery there are certainly better manga's for that than this one.

Then again, as a friendly warning, its purpose was fulfilled.

That was just meant as a friendly warning.  I was fairly shocked when I started reading the manga, since it's on a much higher level of ecchi than its anime adaptation was.  They really toned it down.

Can anyone name several high-quality anime dubs?  I'm not actually going to watch them, I'm just mildly interested in the topic.  The only one I've seen so far was the one for the original FMA anime.  All of the others I've seen were either okay or just bad.

Can anyone name several high-quality anime dubs?  I'm not actually going to watch them, I'm just mildly interested in the topic.  The only one I've seen so far was the one for the original FMA anime.  All of the others I've seen were either okay or just bad.

I can give you a list of plenty of dubbed anime, however...

My standards are rather low. If there isn't any character I can't stand, or if there isn't any voice that is just plain wrong, I usually listen to the dub.

Here's probably my top contender, one in which I'd watch in both languages:

Steins;Gate - has a unique dub, in which it changes the personality of various characters, and it still fits both the animation and the characters themselves.

Fate/Zero has a great English dub. So does Black Lagoon. And if we're talking about movies, then Wolf Children has a great dub.

I can give you a list of plenty of dubbed anime, however...

My standards are rather low. If there isn't any character I can't stand, or if there isn't any voice that is just plain wrong, I usually listen to the dub.

Here's probably my top contender, one in which I'd watch in both languages:

Steins;Gate - has a unique dub, in which it changes the personality of various characters, and it still fits both the animation and the characters themselves.

Really?

Before heading to bed i decided, today i finally start something i've been putting off for ages.

Yes, today i start Hunter x Hunter

Watched the first episode just now, i barely know anything about it, but all i know is that it's definitely got my attention and i was not bored. I'll definitely do about 6-8 episode marathons of it per day if it's good. I miss this feeling of just enjoying an anime and not thinking too much, it's really what i live most about these shounens.

So yes, hopefully my anime watching habits are back in full force, thank you Hunter x Hunter for piking my interest.

Before heading to bed i decided, today i finally start something i've been putting off for ages.

Yes, today i start Hunter x Hunter

Watched the first episode just now, i barely know anything about it, but all i know is that it's definitely got my attention and i was not bored. I'll definitely do about 6-8 episode marathons of it per day if it's good. I miss this feeling of just enjoying an anime and not thinking too much, it's really what i live most about these shounens.

So yes, hopefully my anime watching habits are back in full force, thank you Hunter x Hunter for piking my interest.

I definitely agree with you. The power of long ongoing shounens. I remember when I started watching Naruto. I had around 450 episodes to catch up and I watched them in one month or two. The feeling when the story was awesome and you don't have to wait one week for the next episode were so satisfying. It was the same with One Piece too. Watching a whole epic arc without break. Priceless.

On topic now. I am currently watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki - kun. I really enjoy it. 

What I meant by my post was that the EN ver. is more plot-focused while the JP ver. is more comedy-focused. All in all, we don't need the EN version. JP works much better, in my opinion.

I'm not sure that's the case, but even if it was, the visual novel was way more about the plot and how it all worked than any comedy. I only remember there being a few funny moments (usually involving Daru). So...

I'm not sure that's the case, but even if it was, the visual novel was way more about the plot and how it all worked than any comedy. I only remember there being a few really funny moments (usually involving Daru). So...

A few? I have never laughed as much at anything than I did at Steins;Gate.

When Okabe says something, important or otherwise, and suddenly a retort comes from somewhere or he gets cut off. His voice actor voiced the following lines marvelously. He just makes a esjkfsdjkfbsd noise kind of thing. I need to find and record one of those someday.

It will forever remain as one my favourite gaming moments, when I first heard him do that, because I do the exact same thing.

What I meant by my post was that the EN ver. is more plot-focused while the JP ver. is more comedy-focused. All in all, we don't need the EN version. JP works much better, in my opinion.

English version of Rintaro sounds so much better to me. Hilariously eloquent, and he just generally seems smarter, which makes his mad scientist personality have a different take than in the Japanese Version, in which he was just plain delusional.

Daru was also funnier in the English version, I thought, but that may be just me. He acts as Okabe's straight man and has some pretty funny comments, instead of sounding stupid (even if hilariously so).

I've finished watching Soul Eater. 

While episode 47 was bonkers, I'm reasonably satisfied with the ending.

Kid is a character I really like. Black Star has a very generic design and a very simplistic character (they can tiptoe around it all they want, he just wants to be an attention hog).

Maka's character seems to be a bit harder to grasp. I took her for a Tsundere but then she turned all nice on Chrona. I thought she was the straight man but that's Kid's job, as she seems to have irrational fits and crybaby moments for no good reason. Soul is mostly cool, but I'm not one who gets anime logic, so sometimes he says stuff I think is really stupid but then turns out to be common sense in that world.

(Except for how bravery is apparently the cure for madness and how that's the way Maka exorcises the black blood)

I'll probably watch Spice and Wolf next, but I'm reading Soul Eater manga first.

I'm not sure that's the case, but even if it was, the visual novel was way more about the plot and how it all worked than any comedy. I only remember there being a few funny moments (usually involving Daru). So...

It was comedy all the way till the end. Either you don't remember it, or you just didn't find it funny or maybe you haven't even finished reading it yet.

A few? I have never laughed as much at anything than I did at Steins;Gate.

When Okabe says something, important or otherwise, and suddenly a retort comes from somewhere or he gets cut off. His voice actor voiced the following lines marvelously. He just makes a esjkfsdjkfbsd noise kind of thing. I need to find and record one of those someday.

It will forever remain as one my favourite gaming moments, when I first heard him do that, because I do the exact same thing.

English version of Rintaro sounds so much better to me. Hilariously eloquent, and he just generally seems smarter, which makes his mad scientist personality have a different take than in the Japanese Version, in which he was just plain delusional.

Daru was also funnier in the English version, I thought, but that may be just me. He acts as Okabe's straight man and has some pretty funny comments, instead of sounding stupid (even if hilariously so).

I agree with what you say, I felt that way too. However, I didn't find it one of the greatest moments, but it was still so hilarious.

I preferred when he was spewing nonsense. It just felt more... Natural to me than smart Okabe.

Daru, on the other hand, really needs a leg up. I felt he was played a lot better in the English version.

Officially stalling Monogatari Second Season until Coalgirls releases Koimonogatari and Hanamonogatari. That means I'm gonna wait for the batch file, as well as the fixes.

Meanwhile, I'm going to continue downloading To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S and Kara no Kyoukai: Garden of Sinners.

Holy shit. KnK is 26.8GB. RIP hard drive.

Officially stalling Monogatari Second Season until Coalgirls releases Koimonogatari and Hanamonogatari. That means I'm gonna wait for the batch file, as well as the fixes.

Meanwhile, I'm going to continue downloading To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S and Kara no Kyoukai: Garden of Sinners.

Holy shit. KnK is 26.8GB. RIP hard drive.

thrust me it is worth it.

When did that happen?

This is usually what I answer when people pull out the old Tsukihime anime doesn't exist meme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnRhRLIudk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQFPQo1cD7c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1dBYHZ41vo&index=8&list=PLa10YQkKvZsNn9t_mzzoK1MuI2AAEqO95

This is usually what I answer when people pull out the old Tsukihime anime doesn't exist meme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnRhRLIudk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQFPQo1cD7c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1dBYHZ41vo&index=8&list=PLa10YQkKvZsNn9t_mzzoK1MuI2AAEqO95

Oh the despair.

I hope it gets a reboot.