What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

it was pretty good in my opinion, although they might have exagerated a bit in the cold main character, he wasnt bad but they exagerated a bit. 

they gonna do a second season as well. 

i completely agree with you with the cold main character being just a tad bit to cold.

Who knows we may still get a explaination for it.

But i still vastly prefer this type of cold character ot the typical male harem lead/coward

Just finished up A Certain Scientific Railgun S. I'll agree with the people on this forum who were telling me that the first arc (Sisters?) was really good. That final episode was so great, though.

Seriously. That Kongou-Bot or whatever it was called was just too much. I love it.

:lol:

pZXKItp.png

I also really like when they insert a bunch of music into an episode in the way that they did. It just makes everything feel more grand, somehow.

Just finished up A Certain Scientific Railgun S. I'll agree with the people on this forum who were telling me that the first arc (Sisters?) was really good. That final episode was so great, though.

Seriously. That Kongou-Bot or whatever it was called was just too much. I love it.

:lol:

pZXKItp.png

I also really like when they insert a bunch of music into an episode in the way that they did. It just makes everything feel more grand, somehow.

That makes me much more excited for it.

I'm currently downloading Coalgirls' version for blu-ray graphics.

No To Aru series has disappointed me. And I expect the same from To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S.

That makes me much more excited for it.

I'm currently downloading Coalgirls' version for blu-ray graphics.

No To Aru series has disappointed me. And I expect the same from To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S.

true the toaru anime has been quite well, to bad that the books have gone downhill very steeply lately.

For me anyway.

So, I started watching Major. So far it's not too much about baseball - well it is, but it's more about the father's career than the son, as if the story was starting from the end, with the troubles of a player already getting in his thirties. And it's more about family than sport, too.

But dats gud shit.

I'm also watching Maria-sama ga Miteru, my curiosity having been piqued by an article I read recently. It's not as overdramatic as I expected, which is a good thing. On the other hand it's not all that intense, but I take it more as a 雰囲気 anime.

And I understand why its 'yuri' status could be controversial. Despite having all the typical tropes and attributes of the S-class novel, you would need to have your thick yuri goggles cemented into your head to see more than a very platonic "akogare" relationship between those girls.

So, I started watching Major. So far it's not too much about baseball - well it is, but it's more about the father's career than the son, as if the story was starting from the end, with the troubles of a player already getting in his thirties. And it's more about family than sport, too.

But dats gud shit.

I'm also watching Maria-sama ga Miteru, my curiosity having been piqued by an article I read recently. It's not as overdramatic as I expected, which is a good thing. On the other hand it's not all that intense, but I take it more as a 雰囲気 anime.

And I understand why its 'yuri' status could be controversial. Despite having all the typical tropes and attributes of the S-class novel, you would need to have your thick yuri goggles cemented into your head to see more than a very platonic "akogare" relationship between those girls.

Major is excelent, There are many awesome baseball animes. 

Major is excelent, There are many awesome baseball animes. 

Half of all the sports anime are baseball ones, so there has to be awesome ones ^_^

What appeals to me in Major is the fact that it covers the life of Gôrô from his tender childhood up till late in his career (I don't know until when, I don't want to spoil myself), a premise that reminds of an epic tale. Other baseball anime I've watched so far like Ace of Diamond or Ookiku Furikabutte tend to focus only on high-school baseball, with very lengthy games and detailed depictions.

I think Mitsuru Adachi's manga also sometimes do that kind of "story of a life" kind of narrative, but I've yet to read/watch them (only saw a couple episodes of Cross Game)

Half of all the sports anime are baseball ones, so there has to be awesome ones ^_^

What appeals to me in Major is the fact that it covers the life of Gôrô from his tender childhood up till late in his career (I don't know until when, I don't want to spoil myself), a premise that reminds of an epic tale. Other baseball anime I've watched so far like Ace of Diamond or Ookiku Furikabutte tend to focus only on high-school baseball, with very lengthy games and detailed depictions.

I think Mitsuru Adachi's manga also sometimes do that kind of "story of a life" kind of narrative, but I've yet to read/watch them (only saw a couple episodes of Cross Game)

you should, Touch from Adachi is one of my favorites til today. 

Just finished The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Man, it's been a while since I've last seen such an awesome movie. Went in expecting the usual Haruhi causing trouble and the SOS Brigade cleaning up the mess. Didn't expect such a great story, definitely one of the better anime movies out there. Highly recommend. 

I have now started watching Kimi ni Todoke. I may get diabetes or break my monitor. Whichever comes first.

I'm very late to this quote. Kimi Ni Todoke (I've read the GN) was a nice change of pace from all the action I'd been seeing, playing and reading. However, I kinda quit close to the end because it was taking volumes to finish up a story that had already ended.

And thus the 2011 version of Hunter x Hunter ends.

How do I describe this? Fantastic. Brilliant. Exceptional.

This is one of the four or five series I give a 10/10 to, and I do it wholeheartedly.

It's both completely a long adventure/battle shônen, and completely different than what is usually done in those. A wide universe, incredibly charismatic characters, passionating fights with mind-blowing tricks, that doesn't even begin to describe everything there is to Hunter x Hunter. In other words, I could probably rant for a while about it, but instead I'll just give you one advice: watch it.

And thus the 2011 version of Hunter x Hunter ends.

How do I describe this? Fantastic. Brilliant. Exceptional.

This is one of the four or five series I give a 10/10 to, and I do it wholeheartedly.

It's both completely a long adventure/battle shônen, and completely different than what is usually done in those. A wide universe, incredibly charismatic characters, passionating fights with mind-blowing tricks, that doesn't even begin to describe everything there is to Hunter x Hunter. In other words, I could probably rant for a while about it, but instead I'll just give you one advice: watch it.

I am planning to watch it, since it seems like it's a great show. Do you think it's worth downloading 720p for?

I've watched around 8-10 episodes of Sword Art Online so far.  Have to admit that I pretty much saw every plot point coming miles away, but I have to admit that the animation, especially in sword fights, is top notch.  Also, Asuna unintentionally making Kirito think she wanted to sleep with him was one of the funniest bits so far.  Kinda surprised that it has ecchi elements, but I can't really complain.  At least Asuna isn't another weepy heroine that needs the protagonist's help every few episodes.  I've noticed a few inconsistencies, though, like how in the beginning it's said that you don't feel pain when your avatar is hurt (gratuitous crotch punching scene), yet later on people scream when they're stabbed, even if they're not close to dying.

Still watching Soul Eater at an unhealthy pace. I still think this isn't supposed to be my kinda thing, but I like it anyways.

Just a warning...the ending to the SE anime kinda ignores the manga's and is pretty random.  I hadn't even read the manga when I finished it and even then I thought the ending was bad.

Is that so? Maybe I shall have to read the manga as well, see what is different and all.

Just a heads up...don't read it in a public place, or in front of other people.  It's about as NSFW in terms of nudity as an ecchi can get without directly showing everything.  Remember Blair's bathtub scene?  There's a lot more of Blair revealed in the manga.  For reference...

(NSFW):

Soapyblairboobs.jpg

Just a heads up...don't read it in a public place, or in front of other people.  It's about as NSFW in terms of nudity as an ecchi can get without directly showing everything.  Remember Blair's bathtub scene?  There's a lot more of Blair revealed in the manga.  For reference...

(NSFW):

You know, such information is unnecessary. If I was looking for such imagery there are certainly better manga's for that than this one.

Then again, as a friendly warning, its purpose was fulfilled.

Since HxH finished airing, I started pushing through what I had left. I'm sorta a person who likes to marathon entire arcs at once, and when I got close to being caught up before (never actually caught up), they were ~episode 90, so first quarter of the Chimera Ant arc, so I left off at the beginning.

Anyway, watched episodes 104-126 last night, the whole invasion is amazing. The writing (maybe not the slowness), the characters, "enemies", just everything is incredible. I found my favorite episode of the anime to be 116

The episode Gon confronts Pitou. The dialogue, the emotions being displayed, I was absolutely absored into the anime with that episode. Normally I'll tend to look off to the side, be distracted by my phone for seconds at a time, checking how many minutes were left in the episode, etc. Nothing of that, just me unmoving being in awe.

And a 2nd favorite scene would be

When the King discovers Komugi injured after the invasion started, the way everything was protrayed, the way the characters acted, the narration, perfect.

Anyway, this arc simply amazed me. My favorite Ant would have to be Neferpitou and the King, though there are several other good ones as well. The Hunters introduced were excellent. Just everything about this arc... I keep repeating that, but I'm just in awe. I'm not much of a shounen fan whatsoever, I never even watch the mainstream big titles, and don't even watch anime past 70+ episodes normally, but all that doesn't matter when it comes to HxH.

God damn! Hunter x Hunter is now ranked #6 on MAL now that it finished airing and removed <1/5 watched scores.