What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Well I just finished Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

It was unbelievably simplistic yet somehow 'hid' a rather shocking complexity underneath it all while still retaining obvious symbolism...it is too glorious for words.

But if you want this glorious-ness captured in words there is this rather in-depth article about it that made me love the series even more. It's quite a read and contains MASSIVE SPOILERS so if you have watched the anime give this a look if you like. 

Link is:

REMEMBER: MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD!!

http://wtf.animeblogger.net/?p=140

It was unbelievably simplistic yet somehow 'hid' a rather shocking complexity underneath it all while still retaining obvious symbolism...it is too glorious for words.

But if you want this glorious-ness captured in words there is this rather in-depth article about it that made me love the series even more. It's quite a read and contains MASSIVE SPOILERS so if you have watched the anime give this a look if you like.

Link is:

REMEMBER: MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Link is:

Link is:

Now that I've read the whole article, I'll give my views ....

First of all I'd like to ask whether you have seen the movies of TTGL. They are mostly compilations but have many 'parallel universe' scenes,ie., scenes which could have happened instead of the way it happened in the anime. I found the anime scenes better generally, but the ending of the movie is as good as the one in anime which is quite a big feat.

In the article you said that Kamina is courage incarnate, but it isn't so. Infact Kamina is said to have one of the lowest spiral energies in Dai-Gurren Brigade(gainax confirmed this), Kamina actually doesn't have true 'fighting spirit'. If you see episode 2, you can actually see Kamina's true nature when he is trying to pilot Gurren. He mentions so himself when talking to Yoko about the destruction of his old village and how he met Simon, he states that he was 'just acting tough'. Kamina actually isn't courageous and brave as he shows himself to be, it's just a facade.

I think that Kamina did not have this facade prior to that incident. He was simply afraid of dying and being driven to extremes he underwent a change into the brave Kamina we know. He was able keep this facade due to Simon who kept on drilling and was Kamina's hope. Kamina and Simon both depended on each other to function. Simon could overcome his fears and Kamina could remain brave. Thats why Kamina says that believing in Simon is the same as believing in himself. Kamina saw this and knew that Simon depends on him so he wanted to help Simon grow and become independent.

As for the opening scene of the anime which is quite controversial, there are many theories one of which is that it was a parallel universe. One which might been a 'bad end' as you said. There is also another theory - 

http://lincolnbot2000.tumblr.com/post/38778031059/the-boota-theory-hidden-plot-in-gurren-lagann . I do prefer this one more than the 'bad end' one, so I thought I'd share it.

I noticed that you have said 'you' in the sense that I wrote the article. To clarify, this was someone else's work that I found and found interesting.

As for your question, I have not watched the movies. I'll be sure to give them a look soon though.

I noticed that you have said 'you' in the sense that I wrote the article. To clarify, this was someone else's work that I found and found interesting.

As for your question, I have not watched the movies. I'll be sure to give them a look soon though.

Yeah I guess I was a bit distracted while writing the post. TTGL plaguing my mind.

Enjoy the movies.

True, but Rias also has more boob than you will ever be able hold in one hand. Asia, however, has the perfect cup size. Not only would it be a complete handful, but it doesn't go overboard in doing so. She's also a former nun, and that is a fantastic setup. Best girl.

I acknowledge that Rias's boobs are a bit bigger than necessary, it isn't that bad of a thing for me. As Asia is a former nun, Rias is a Noble Demon (Heiress to the Gremory clan). You might have a special preference for nuns though in which case I understand Asia being your favourite. I myself liked both Rias and Asia in the first part(fallen angels arc) of the first season, but that was when Asia's influence was at its peak. Once the Phoenix arc started though I became devoted to Rias.

And as for Akeno, I don't like sadists too much so she's just ok for me .... nothing special. Akeno is scary sometimes.

I acknowledge that Rias's boobs are a bit bigger than necessary, it isn't that bad of a thing for me. As Asia is a former nun, Rias is a Noble Demon (Heiress to the Gremory clan). You might have a special preference for nuns though in which case I understand Asia being your favourite. I myself liked both Rias and Asia in the first part(fallen angels arc) of the first season, but that was when Asia's influence was at its peak. Once the Phoenix arc started though I became devoted to Rias.

And as for Akeno, I don't like sadists too much so she's just ok for me .... nothing special. Akeno is scary sometimes.

Yeah, that's just me putting my opinions on a pedestal. Overall, I agree, Rias does have a more significant role in the series and a rich personality, and it's easier to get more attached to her than the others. I just like Asia's personality and appearance more.

Unfair argument: MAL also has Asia at the top the character list. Since we can't trust MAL users' tastes in regards to the number of favorites for each girl, we'll have to acknowledge the database's judgment when putting her at the top of the list. Best girl~

Yeah, that's just me putting my opinions on a pedestal. Overall, I agree, Rias does have a more significant role in the series and a rich personality, and it's easier to get more attached to her than the others. I just like Asia's personality and appearance more.

Unfair argument: MAL also has Asia at the top the character list. Since we can't trust MAL users' tastes in regards to the number of favorites for each girl, we'll have to acknowledge the database's judgment when putting her at the top of the list. Best girl~

Such databases are mostly useless as they just depend on the liking of that particular user-base. They also don't give any reasons as for their choice.

Okay. :P

I decided to pick up Log Horizon today to get into the new season that's currently airing. I went into this with mid expectations, and I was pretty surprised with what I got so far. The characters are really nice overall. Shiroe is pretty interesting with how he handles situations and has a great character portrayal (Villain in Glasses, hell yeah). Akatsuki is kawaii max. :D The Akatsuki x Shiroe moments are so sweet. ^^ Naotsugu fits the lovable comic relief role pretty well. He's a funny guy, and I feel he adds a bit more to the show than just comedy. I like how the show does so much to develop the world and how it very clearly explains the game mechanics. Really immersive experience. I'm not so big a fan of the OP, but the ED is great. Just finished episode 12, great marathon so far.

Planning to re-watch Amagami... Just love that anime... Currently checking out the new anime that's out whilst keeping a close eye on Ace of Diamonds (this is how a sports anime should be). I have high hopes for Parasyte (read the manga and loved it), the anime has started nicely and the fact that it will have 24 episodes means the content from the manga will be utilized well, Trinity Seven's (current favorite) main character is just awesome looking forward to the developments, Nanatsu no Taiza (this should be how it's written I think) is pretty cool (the manga is epic), Vanadis no Ou looks great but it has disappointed me on the fact that it will only have 13 episodes (curse this trend even Tokyo Ghoul!), a friend was describing  the light to me and there seems to be a lot of things that happen in the future, Abstaining from Terra Formers at the moment (Lol), and the last one I checked out is a celebratory compilation by Anime-Koi called Ai Tenchi Muyou, don't know all the characters (haven't watcched all the anime related to that world) but I'm hooked cause the main character is based on Masaki Kenshi from Isekai no Seikishi no Monogatari....I think I missed a something on the name but anyway I consider this one of the best among the harem anime I have watched, the comedy, the action, the heroines ( :P ......the heroines),the plot twists etc... were just nicely done.... the main character was a monster though in these skits it seems he doesn't have his abilities or skills which is unfortunate cause he seriously needs them...

Sigh.... Now to download more anime... The struggle continues :wacko: .... Need the new Gundam anime been aching for mechs (Gundams) and war ...

Harem is always the best.

But as for the best girl -

Akeno is only sexy.

Asia is only cute.

Rias is both sexy and cute.

The winner is clear, Rias ftw.

True, but Rias also has more boob than you will ever be able hold in one hand. Asia, however, has the perfect cup size. Not only would it be a complete handful, but it doesn't go overboard in doing so. She's also a former nun, and that is a fantastic setup. Best girl.

Akeno is lewd. Akeno is life. Akeno is love.

Akeno is sex.

Anyway, watching To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S. Loving it so far. Goddamn Misaka too awesome.

At the part where she first battles ITEM.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Currently I'm halfway through Highschool DxD New, and it's much much better than the first season. The shift towards being a bit more plot-centric is a welcome change. The balance of comedy and ecchi with the plot has also improved. All in all Highschool DxD is much better than what I had expected. Ecchi anime should be made like this.

KFag I'm sure you'll love season 2 if you like Akeno.

KFag I'm sure you'll love season 2 if you love Akeno.  :wub: 

Fix'd.

Really waiting for that batch torrent with fixes. Aaaaaghhh.

Anyway, just finished the Sisters Arc of To Aru Majutsu no Index.

This arc just sold me in. My god. I fell in love with To Aru again.

I'm all in for Touma x Mikoto now.

Also...

Fuck you Misaka, Touma, and Accelerator. I loved the Sisters' Arc in S, even more than my love for the Sisters' Arc in Index. My god. I just ugh. The experience of Misaka in this arc just gives me shivers, and I cannot possibly relate to the despair she might've felt. And the fight of Touma and Accelerator became even more awesome. MY GOD.

Fix'd.

Really waiting for that batch torrent with fixes. Aaaaaghhh.

Anyway, just finished the Sisters Arc of To Aru Majutsu no Index.

This arc just sold me in. My god. I fell in love with To Aru again.

I'm all in for Touma x Mikoto now.

Also...

Fuck you Misaka, Touma, and Accelerator. I loved the Sisters' Arc in S, even more than my love for the Sisters' Arc in Index. My god. I just ugh. The experience of Misaka in this arc just gives me shivers, and I cannot possibly relate to the despair she might've felt. And the fight of Touma and Accelerator became even more awesome. MY GOD.

For some reason, the only arcs I liked in Index (only watched S1 btw) were the ones that are related to the Espers, and not the magicians (so the Sisters' arc and that small one with Last Order). Which is probably why I don't care about Index, absolutely love Railgun (SoL aspects help it as well), and the Sisters' Arc is one of my favorite arcs in all of anime.

Btw, you said you finished it in Toaru Majutsu no Index, did you mean Railgun, or did you go back and watch it after?