What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Tokyo Ghoul. Started it today. On episode 7. MC is weak and cannot make proper judgements ... I don't like what happened.

I've been seeing people say it was shit development when compared to the manga.

I don't know. I've yet to try.

I keep seeing the last chapter though.

There should be a spoiler tag for facebook. Fucking spoilers.

What are your thoughts on Kimi ni Todoke?

I didn't mention it because I wanted to finish the 2nd season first, but oh well.

Sawako too sweet. 

Friendship too sweet.

Drama too ridiculous and exaggerated.

Love too frustrating.

Parents too funny.

Friends too funny.

Sawako too cute.

Sadako too hilarious.

Getting friends too heartwarming.

No better way to explain if you enjoyed an anime than to state which emotions you felt toward what.

I didn't mention it because I wanted to finish the 2nd season first, but oh well.

Sawako too sweet. 

Friendship too sweet.

Drama too ridiculous and exaggerated.

Love too frustrating.

Parents too funny.

Friends too funny.

Sawako too cute.

Sadako too hilarious.

Getting friends too heartwarming.

No better way to explain if you enjoyed an anime than to state which emotions you felt toward what.

>Drama too ridiculous and exaggerated.

I agree with all of it. However, even though the drama is indeed ridiculous and exaggerated, it never failed to make me teary-eyed. Rather, it had my tears falling by Episode 22. Goddamnit. I hope I can get to season 2 too as fast as possible.

>Drama too ridiculous and exaggerated.

I agree with all of it. However, even though the drama is indeed ridiculous and exaggerated, it never failed to make me teary-eyed. Rather, it had my tears falling by Episode 22. Goddamnit. I hope I can get to season 2 too as fast as possible.

We mustn't forget that those parts are what allowed the other, much sweeter parts, to shine.

Love too frustrating.

Oh man, if only I had patience for this kind of thing. The friendship in KnT still saved it for me, but I sincerely wished for better romance pacing in this series. And while they were definitely cute at times, I think they went a little overboard with the chibis. -.- It's been a while since I watched it, so I think I'm just about ready to watch the sequel now that my frustration's cleared up. Seriously though, having a focused romance without conclusion is annoying. I've even seen a harem series pull off a conclusive romance (Shuffle).

I almost finally finished the great long af One Piece :D

You mean 'catch up', right? It'll probably be a few (maybe 30) years before anyone can finish One Piece. :P

Oh man, if only I had patience for this kind of thing. The friendship in KnT still saved it for me, but I sincerely wished for better romance pacing in this series. And while they were definitely cute at times, I think they went a little overboard with the chibis. -.- It's been a while since I watched it, so I think I'm just about ready to watch the sequel now that my frustration's cleared up. Seriously though, having a focused romance without conclusion is annoying. I've even seen a harem series pull off a conclusive romance (Shuffle).

I've read that Season 2 wraps it all up. I don't know how though. I don't ever think Sawako can confess. Or neither can Kazehaya. It just seems so impossible. At least... that's what the series showed me.

A quick search on any anime database will let you know that it's a short anime based on chibi versions the characters of Idolm@ster, which I'll let you google too if you don't know it.

Thanks. Internet's a bit slow, so I resolved to asking.

Still haven't watched Idolm@ster though. Maybe I should give it a try already.

It's a romcom, after all. Or it isn't?

I really thought it was a romcom.

It is close, but I wouldn't necessarily call it one. But even then, being a rom-com still wouldn't justify that type of direction. Rom-coms don't even have to be funny (and they usually aren't), they just need to instill a certain light-hearted atmosphere to compliment the romance. That said, it can be considered a flaw when the light-hearted elements clash with the development scenarios.

It is close, but I wouldn't necessarily call it one. But even then, being a rom-com still wouldn't justify that type of direction. Rom-coms don't even have to be funny (and they usually aren't), they just need to instill a certain light-hearted atmosphere to compliment the romance. That said, it can be considered a flaw when the light-hearted elements clash with the development scenarios.

I don't think the main focus was the romance anyway.

I think it was focused on Sawako's development as a character, and the things she experiences with her friends. I've never thought of the light-hearted elements as something that clashes with the development scenarios. After all, it's about friendship and school life. I think its light-hearted tone suited it very well.

You can watch Puchimas without having watched Idolmaster (I'm not typing @'s) because the chibis are actual new characters that live with the main characters from the anime, the only thing Puchimas won't do is introduce the MCs from the anime but it's not like that's the focus anyway.

Main reason I'm considering watching Idolmaster anyway is because of Miki. Yes. I think I got it right. The blond girl with green eyes, right? And the silver haired girl. They're the reasons I'm considering. Also, I'd like some Nippon music. I'll watch Puchimas after Idolmaster, since I only watch spin-offs after watching the main series.

I don't think the main focus was the romance anyway.

I think it was focused on Sawako's development as a character, and the things she experiences with her friends. I've never thought of the light-hearted elements as something that clashes with the development scenarios. After all, it's about friendship and school life. I think its light-hearted tone suited it very well.

I agree, the romance wasn't the main focus of the first season (not so sure about the 2nd), but it was still a focus. I'm a romance enthusiast, so I hate it when there's no conclusion to a romance between a pairing I really care about. I remember reading a friendship-themed romance manga that had a focus, a steady progression, and a conclusion to its romance. It's definitely something that can be done to improve the quality of the story.

Okay, I probably could have worded that better. The serious developments can be light-hearted, but it shouldn't be excessive; there needs to be a balance. I guess it may not feel that way for everybody, but chibis are meant to be used playfully. If you include a playful element in a serious environment, it's objectively a clash.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying KnT is a bad anime in the least. I actually think it's really good for what it does well at. It's just that some of its flaws were really bothersome to me.

I agree, the romance wasn't the main focus of the first season (not so sure about the 2nd), but it was still a focus. I'm a romance enthusiast, so I hate it when there's no conclusion to a romance between a pairing I really care about. I remember reading a friendship-themed romance manga that had a focus, a steady progression, and a conclusion to its romance. It's definitely something that can be done to improve the quality of the story.

Okay, I probably could have worded that better. The serious developments can be light-hearted, but it shouldn't be excessive; there needs to be a balance. I guess it may not feel that way for everybody, but chibis are meant to be used playfully. If you include a playful element in a serious environment, it's objectively a clash.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying KnT is a bad anime in the least. I actually think it's really good for what it does well at. It's just that some of its flaws were really bothersome to me.

I can see where you're getting at. Well, it all boils down to personal preference yet again. I do agree that KnT is good at what it does, but it has its flaws too. What I was really bugged about was the excessive drama, and yet... I always fall for the drama that it shows. While I do think that the supposed 'ending' it had in season 1 wasn't a proper end to the budding romance between the two, I must say that it was a nice end to a season. If KnT was already scheduled to have a season 2 before the first season ended, then I can fully say that I was satisfied with where season 1 left us. But then again, if it ended on that note without any signs of a possible season 2 in the past, I might've raged. Such potential romance in a relationship, and yet...! They're too shy. That's all I can say. I guess they're what you call 'torpe' in the Philippines. Sadly, I do not know of a proper translation of the word into English. It means someone who isn't brave enough to portray their feelings, or someone that's afraid of the consequences of admitting their feelings. You get the point.

Still though. Cute set of characters, cute interaction, heartwarming anime. I loved it. I hope season 2 isn't shit. 

Yesterday evening I finished now K-On! (without the Movie, i save that for later). The last time i said it has a very slow pace, but honestly, I think there is no pace :D. But it doesn't matter, it's good the way it is. I think there was not a second that I was bored during watching it. The chemistry between the characters and the characters itself are just awesome. I love them all, but especially Yui and the combination of the sisters Yui & Ui. That make my heart to melt :D ... I also liked the end it does fit really good in the whole thing.

To summarize, it was, for sure, not the best one i've seen. But it was good and I enjoeyed  it a lot. If I wanna feel really good sometime, I will watch a episode of that and everything is fine...

So If you wanna watch some SoL stuff with enjoyable and easy going setting, then feel free to watch K-On, I think you won't regret it.

Edit:

I forgot to tell my next one. So the next one will be my first one again ... I just feel the urge to watch LL! School Idol Project again. I just feel the urge to watch LL! School Idol Project again. I wanna see my girls again ;) ..

Greetz