What is your most hated VN character?

Tom

My most hated character is no doubt Sakaki Chizuru from Muv Luv. (Rage censored in spoiler)

This bitch, yes bitch very appropriate description of this is a nagging annoyonce piece of shit called Chizuru. A know it all, that again and again pushes her opinions on others. Its like grade school all over again!

I also can't forget her her oh so lovely phrase line that comes up you and you know her nagging will come. "Nan de tsuste!" Which in case you didn't know, she spams 100 times throughout the novel, each DAMN TIME. With the fucking the air with your finger sprite. How many times I wanted to break that finger; I have lost count. May hellfire consume your soul in all of the other time lines.

148.jpg

Oh my god, this is so true!

I liked Chinami though, Isuzu was the one that annoyed me the most D;

So totally agreeing with this.

I'm jumping the bandwagon as well, Aoi's route was absolute suffering.

Also, this is not really hate, but I dislike the characters that are being insufferable bitches just because they might act nice for 5 seconds somewhere down the line, before they remember their rotten attitude again. And this is coming from someone who actually likes tsun/kuuderes... well, as long as that dere part is actually there.

Lesse.

-Kinda-  Gilbert from Baldr. He has no real point to him until the end except to be a rape threat and never evolves beyond that until Dive2. He does evolve in a pretty rad way so though, only kinda.

Eris from Eustia holy shit PLEASE DIE WHY WERE YOU EVEN IN THE GAME I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU DID NOTHING EXCEPT MAKE CHAPTER 2 A SOAP OPERA

Chris from Princess Waltz. Holy shit what a terrible character that just is relentlessly sledgehammered over and over again. No redeemable qualities at all.

Eien no Aselia, mostly all of them. Soulless, boring walls of bricks without any likeability or anything interesting.

Makoto from School Days, but not for the same reasons as most. He's just.. boring. He's simply an existence to hate and thats it. He has nothing to him unless you force him to take the stupidest route possible in order for him to get stabbed, so in essence its the player doing it. He's just a bizarre self insert drone that happens to have the possibility to be really douchey if it strikes him.

Ruka from Steins Gate. Wow. Not only is s/he a bad character, she gets in the way of the story with a very bad and entirely pointless section that could have been stripped away.

And Miyako from Majikoi, just because i am tired of hearing about her.

Makoto from School Days, but not for the same reasons as most. He's just.. boring. He's simply an existence to hate and thats it. He has nothing to him unless you force him to take the stupidest route possible in order for him to get stabbed, so in essence its the player doing it. He's just a bizarre self insert drone that happens to have the possibility to be really douchey if it strikes him.

I'll agree with that insofar as to say that I've sporadically been playing School Days without a guide, and I've yet to get a bad ending(the one time I tried to make stupid decisions on purpose I got a harem ending...  wtf?).  I still don't like him for other reasons already stated.

• 4 months later...

Makoto doesn't seem like a character. He is too empty. That's why, I can't hate him.

My most hated character is Shinji form FSN. Why ? Even though he is a pure bastard, full of flaw without a single quality, a real maggot among humans, the people around him stlil try to make him look like a good guy and forgive him for everything for a long time !

Some people spoke about Chinami...For me, it wasn't a character to begin with. She is like a funny part of the background, hence I didn't hate her.

Though, I will have to agree with Chizuru from Muv luv...

This might come as surprise but I really hated Takeru for most of Unlimited and Alternative. I know this was supposed to be a set up for the Storm Vanguard fight. I just really expected him to come back as a hardened Veteran. 

He's still a better option than Shinji Ikari. 

Shinji from FSN is an obvious choice. They do a pretty good job of making you despise that piece of shit. I'd have to agree with people saying Chinami. It would be hard to make a character more obnoxious than her. I'll also say the protagonist from Cross Channel. He's just so unlikeable. 

Oh, for crying out loud...

I don't have any characters that I hate. I've been running through my lists, over and over again, but there's not a single character that I can say I hate...

Except those that were made to be hated. There are 'sympathetic' villains and then there are plain bastards who deserve to get hanged, like Shinji.

I am relieved to hear a few others here have brought up Chinami :P. Not a hateful character by any means, but the:

Literally over an hour of moving house (which has no suspense) while she goes onii-chan onii-chan onii-chan made me drop the game.

Chinami literally gave me a headache. Her shrieking "Onii-chan!!" over and over, and baka baka baka... Omg. My brain was split in half, nearly.

Despite her highly annoying nature, I somehow don't entirely hate her. :/ Although I really want to.

I despised Fuminori by the halfway point of Saya no Uta.

That can be attributed to great writing, though.

As far as poorly written, terrible characters go; the MC from Cross Channel is at the top of my list so far.

Kawakoshi Saeko from harukaze 2º story, Karen from tsukumo no kanade and Sakura(FSN) are the worst characters I can remember right now.

Those are the kind of characters that make you drop a vn completely or at least skip routes, seriosly the first two made me silence their voices on the menu and skip every line they spoke and I still droped haruzake and tsukumo.