What is your most hated VN character?

Tom

Chinami from Hoshizora no Memoria. Her entire existence in the game annoyed me.

Every time you talk to her she always begins by saying "Onii-chan! Onii-chan! Onii-chan!" and that stupid piano theme starts playing. Her cheerfulness, hairstyle and stupidity did not make it any better either.

I was even glad that she:

got knocked out by Setsuna with the naginata.

I wanted her to stay like that forever.

Chinami from Hoshizora no Memoria. Her entire existence in the game annoyed me.

Every time you talk to her she always begins by saying "Onii-chan, Onii-chan!, Onii-chan" and that stupid piano theme starts playing. Her cheerfulness, hairstyle and stupidity did not make it any better either.

I was even glad that she:

got knocked out by Setsuna with the naginata.

I really detested Kuwagata from Swan Song. At first I was fine with him, but by the end, he had just become so despicable and disgusting. I also hated Tobioka from KonoSora. The VN tried to justify his actions, but he had been such a douche that it just didn't end up working at all for me.

Freaking Appo from Edelweiss. He never once managed to be funny or likable, just creepy and disgusting. Sadly Overdrive seem to think he was comedy gold because among the side characters he got the most attention. 

First time a side character almost got me to drop a VN. I'm glad I didn't because the routes themselves are decent, even if they are nothing special.

For anyone that actually want to see him.

Just look at this guy. Our resident comic relief everybody.

appo.png 

Makoto, he is a empty puppet who from a neutral stance goes towards the boring one. Game kinda leads him to be a perverted idiot, even if you point him in a right direction he is more like a freaky robot then anything. Then again, most of cast in that game has questionable common sense with depressing feeling around them so I don't know...

Aside from that, any too-perverted MC jerk. I rarely have problems with main girls or side characters, but when I have to listen/read to MC's crap or when he is abusing girls, then it's just not enjoyable for me.

Kuchiki Toko from Kara no shoujo: I usually like the "outsider" heroines, but there was just something about her personality that made her seem very artificial. I just wanted the protagonist to slap her and tell her that she will not make any friends if she keeps that act up. I found every other gal, that got horribly murdered, to be infinitely more likable than Kuchiki because I bought them as people. It really undermined the entire visual novel, when its' main goal

is to get you attached to characters than depress you when they are killed and I didn't give two shitz about its' main heroine

I also hated Tobioka from KonoSora. The VN tried to justify his actions, but he had been such a douche that it just didn't end up working at all for me.

Pretty much this. If his character had been more upfront about his reasoning for his opposition to the gliding club, rather than being the most underhanded tactician ever, then he'd have been a lot more pleasant (but there wouldn't have been as much of a story).

I also hated the protagonist from 'Marry Me, Misato', but given the entire VN was essentially a caricature of the 'waifu' aspect of VN/anime/manga culture, I guess that was always gonna happen :conspiracy:

Let's see, you could hate many people in Swan Song, Kugawata (not sure if spelled correctly Lol) is an example.

At the beginning I actually thought he was one of the most pathetic characters I have ever come across. But after he changed, well...I understand the mental pressure everyone was going through, but it's still not an excuse for them to do all the terrible things they had done.