What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

just finished Ryse:son of Rome...was a  short gamesince it only took me a little more than a day to beat, but it was an amazing story and a great experience,totally worth it.

Going back to wasteland 2, the game has gotten a lot more fun ever since I found better guns for everybody on my team, more firepower is always good

I beat Persona 3 FES the other day (Holy shit was that a long game!) and I'm just about done Persona 4 arena. After that I'll probably play through the Ultimax story.

I have Persona 4 Golden on Vita but I'm still at the <5 hour mark that game is intimidatingly long.

I started playing Atelier Shallie: Alchemist of the Dusk Sea.

It's showing promise.

Been getting back into playing Star Wars: The Old Republic as I'm curious about the expansions and I have to say the galactic market addition really helps when you need to get better equipment for your level. I've currently beaten Chapter 2 of the Sith Warrior story, playing mostly light side (I've only picked dark side options if they make sense for my character), my character's romancing Vette and since I've gotten her affection pretty high I've switched to using Jaesa as my companion.

I played so much SWTOR, up until about 1.5 years ago. The class stories are pretty good, and although I never thought I would enjoy PvP in an MMO, once I got peer pressured enough to try it a few times, I started really enjoying that side of the game. I think I played 5/8 full class stories (all four republic, one empire), and did a bunch of end-game raiding (and that's where the problem is...). At the time it was usually fun, but... man, lots of my life sunk in that game. As long as you don't try to do "end-game" stuff, it's a great game.

Good thing I got out of that; instead, I started spending my spare time watching anime. :wahaha:

I started playing Atelier Ayesha yesterday, and I am having an absolute blast. I feel like this game was designed specifically for me. The only lingering doubt I have is that I might go too far messing around with all the sub-quest and crafting stuff and miss the deadlines on the main quest.

That's how it was for me with WoW. PvP probably would have been a lot better, but getting into serious raiding is practically making a commitment. Now I did have fun during the time I was in it, and I actually did really well at it too (it's the only game I've ever been awesome at), but it was consuming me. o.o Like I literally had to plan everything around my raid times and put in a lot of effort during off-time to make myself better. They say it's impossible to completely quit WoW, but it's been a good couple years since my last login and roughly four years since I've been actively involved in a raiding guild.

Nice thing about anime and single-player games, you don't have to worry about schedules. ^^

Currently playing through South Park; TSOT, and the first Darksider's game. South Park is such a fantastic game, I know this has been said by so many people already, but it's like playing through an episode of the show itself. I also have Wind Waker HD and Earthbound on the side, though with my current schedule VN's take up most of my time :L

O_o. You already have all the good games ;D

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines is also worth checking out. In Oreshika you have to manage a cursed clan, which members can only live for 2 years. You have to breed your clan members with various gods to get new characters and explore dungeons for a cure for the curse. I'm not really sure what to think of the game yet. It's fun to watch your family tree grow and see what kind of children will you get next. The combat and dungeon crawling is pretty good, but the game has some pacing issues. If you can't complete some story required dungeons in time you have to wait for an year for it show up again. And by that point your previous clan members are probably dead, so you better hope that your new members are as up to the challenge. Still it's not bad game, so might be worth trying.  

That's what saddens me regarding the current Vita game list. Expected more "good" titles out there :( (this last gen has been so cruel on JRPG and such).

Regarding the Atelier games, i've been playing those on PS3 thro time.

Oreshika sounds interesting from what you describe. Gotta look into that thanks (and store images look good) :)

P.S: finally got the last trophy on Demon Gaze... deciding on what to start playing next (pending towards Tales of Xillia on PS3 now)

What's Hotline Miami like?

Massacre with anything you can find on hand, listening to different incarnations of Sandstorm

It's so goodd

Pretty accurate.  You play as a Jacket, who is basically a hitman that takes contracts given to him anonymously over the phone.  The point of the game is to kill every enemy in the building, except every enemy can 1-hit-kill you as well as you being able to do the same to them.  The odds are tilted slightly in the enemies' favor, though.  It's also incredibly violent, like, to the point of if you kill three people that are all near each other, there's quite a lot of blood on the screen.  The game has a pixelated art style, though, so some people don't find it disturbing.  You put on masks at the start of the level that affect the gameplay in a certain way, which lets you switch up how you play through the game, and different masks can be earned through different methods (getting good level scores, finding them in levels, unlocking them, etc).

Now, the story manages to make you question why you're doing what you're doing, and actually makes you feel like a horrible person at multiple points.  They also mix in a bit of psychology, which I found rather fascinating, since it coincides so well with the whole mask system.  You'll see what I'm talking about if you play the game.

If you're interested, play the original Hotline Miami first, you'll have no idea what's happening if you jump straight to the sequel.  It'll also give you a good starting point, game-play wise.

I dropped hotline miami 2, the first one was really good this one is...average at best, you can't really use melee :/ all the levels are designed in a way that you cannot use melee.

Hide in a corner..lure the enemies...repeat.

Eh, I have to disagree, but to each his own.  I liked the first one better, definitely, but I like the sequel for what it is.

Throwing things is a lot more useful than it used to be.  I've consistently taken down groups of enemies by throwing my gun at the most threatening enemy, then punching out the closest one and killing the rest with the weapon they dropped before picking the gun back up and finishing off the original enemy I threw my gun at.  Really ammo-efficient way of progressing, but it takes pretty good reflexes to pull off right, and even then it doesn't always work.

Pretty accurate.  You play as a Jacket, who is basically a hitman that takes contracts given to him anonymously over the phone.  The point of the game is to kill every enemy in the building, except every enemy can 1-hit-kill you as well as you being able to do the same to them.  The odds are tilted slightly in the enemies' favor, though.  It's also incredibly violent, like, to the point of if you kill three people that are all near each other, there's quite a lot of blood on the screen.  The game has a pixelated art style, though, so some people don't find it disturbing.  You put on masks at the start of the level that affect the gameplay in a certain way, which lets you switch up how you play through the game, and different masks can be earned through different methods (getting good level scores, finding them in levels, unlocking them, etc).

Now, the story manages to make you question why you're doing what you're doing, and actually makes you feel like a horrible person at multiple points.  They also mix in a bit of psychology, which I found rather fascinating, since it coincides so well with the whole mask system.  You'll see what I'm talking about if you play the game.

If you're interested, play the original Hotline Miami first, you'll have no idea what's happening if you jump straight to the sequel.  It'll also give you a good starting point, game-play wise.

Sounds a lot like Bushido Blade, except multiple enemies. I'll like it if its difficulty level is high. So the masks affect... what, your ability to blend in, or your stamina, or your speed, or what?