What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I got a PS3 a while ago, but have no idea what games to get for it. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm pretty much fine with anything, but at the moment some RPGs are what I'm looking for right now.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles and Xillia 1+2, Record of Agarest War Zero and 2, Dark Souls 1 + 2. and if you like Hatsune Miku and vocaloids Project Diva F. Also a game that i've played recently that was really fun is Yakuza 4. All of these are definitely worth taking a look at.

I heard that one was a lot harder than the first, which is saying something.  I also heard Lancer's aren't terrible anymore which is a good thing.  

-_- I still haven't finished Valkyria Chronicles... it's sitting on my shelf, taunting me~  I find it quite difficult for some reason..or I get burnt out from the battles being too long. I think I'm close to the ending though. I need to get back to it probably and beat it once and for all!

The game I'm playing right now though is FF: Type-0. I'm a bit weirded out with how all the characters call one person their Mother though. xD  Just based on initial looks and personality, Seven is my favorite..she looks like Lightning though, and I also like Queen. But my favorite characters in battle so far are Ace, and Rem. 

I got a PS3 a while ago, but have no idea what games to get for it. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm pretty much fine with anything, but at the moment some RPGs are what I'm looking for right now.

Can you be more specific on your tastes?

I mean there's things like Tales of Graces F and Xillia which are great games.  Then there's Disgaea 3 and future games if you like that style.  Atelier series I haven't gotten to yet but is popular.  Kingdom Hearts Remakes are great if you've never played those.  If you want an interesting game with puzzle elements I highly recommend Catherine.  The Little Big Planet Series are fun if you want platformers.  I can keep going. 

Can you be more specific on your tastes?

I mean there's things like Tales of Graces F and Xillia which are great games.  Then there's Disgaea 3 and future games if you like that style.  Atelier series I haven't gotten to yet but is popular.  Kingdom Hearts Remakes are great if you've never played those.  If you want an interesting game with puzzle elements I highly recommend Catherine.  The Little Big Planet Series are fun if you want platformers.  I can keep going. 

I play pretty much anything as long as it isn't sports. But let's see...something sci-fi or fantasy I guess would be good. Already played Catherine on the 360 and I've been planning to play the Atelier series so that's on my list of games to play. I'll give the other ones you've listed here a go when I get around to buying them.

Try Star Ocean: The Last Hope if you want something futuristic, universe traveling kind of story ^_^ fun~

ICO & Shadow of the Colossus if you want to try a different kind of puzzle environment exploring game too.

There's also Ni No Kuni Rpg for PS3

Thanks. I'll add those onto the list too.

Edit: Also got a PS3 to play the games I couldn't on Xbox so here's what I played on that. 

I got back into Sleeping Dogs on the ol PS3. Also went to Gamestop and bought Yakuza 4, Yakuza: Dead Souls, and the Killzone Trilogy. I also got free pink eye from some little shitty kid running around the store touching all the game cases. But I don't have the console for that. 

I play pretty much anything as long as it isn't sports. But let's see...something sci-fi or fantasy I guess would be good. Already played Catherine on the 360 and I've been planning to play the Atelier series so that's on my list of games to play. I'll give the other ones you've listed here a go when I get around to buying them.

Yea, Graces F, Kingdom Hearts (if you like Disney and convoluted plots) and Valkyria Chronicles would be my recommendations then.

Oh god Star Ocean 4 is sooooooo bad. One of the worst JRPGs ever released, imo. 

People have covered most of the good playstation exclusives already. 

Yeah, no joke. I'm usually a pretty big JRPG fan, but that game was the 1st in the genre that I didn't like. It was so bland, I couldn't even remember why I didn't like it, lol. SO3 was at least decent enough for me to play for a little while, though I never finished it. I should get around to trying SO2, I hear it's an awesome game.

Definitely play Kingdom Hearts if you can. It's one of my personal favorites.

Oh god Star Ocean 4 is sooooooo bad. One of the worst JRPGs ever released, imo.

People have covered most of the good playstation exclusives already.

I pity anyone who plays it expecting the same quality as the previous three games.

Especially since it commits the unforgivable sin of ruining a visit to the first game's setting with its awful (both in character and voice acting) protagonist.

Just started playing Pillars of Eternity and the intro was fine. The character I created was a monk, though I'm kind of wanting to create a rogue now since I tend to like being a ninja (or as close to one as I can be).

Started playing Pillars of Eternity (it was the first thing I'd ever backed on Kickstarter) and I really like it so far, but so far it's hard as nails, even on normal difficulty. Part of it is probably me sucking, and the other part is that even though I've recruited everyone I could into my party, what I have is my main character (Ranger), a Wizard, a Priest, a Chanter, and my Ranger's pet - a Bear. The problem is that the only real tank is the Bear, the Priest can tank for a little bit too, but isn't that great, and the rest of my party is squishy as fuck.

Started playing Pillars of Eternity (it was the first thing I'd ever backed on Kickstarter) and I really like it so far, but so far it's hard as nails, even on normal difficulty. Part of it is probably me sucking, and the other part is that even though I've recruited everyone I could into my party, what I have is my main character (Ranger), a Wizard, a Priest, a Chanter, and my Ranger's pet - a Bear. The problem is that the only real tank is the Bear, the Priest can tank for a little bit too, but isn't that great, and the rest of my party is squishy as fuck.

another backer here so im really excited :D

And yeah it is hard if you don't know what you are doing, the learning curve on this type of games such as baldurs gate, icewind dale and lets not even talk about temple of the elemental..  is really high...the only exception was planescape but the combat was kinda bad overall.

But know this, if you are new there is no shame in playing on easy difficulty :P

Do it have jokes like Planescape : torment?

another backer here so im really excited :D

And yeah it is hard if you don't know what you are doing, the learning curve on this type of games such as baldurs gate, icewind dale and lets not even talk about temple of the elemental..  is really high...the only exception was planescape but the combat was kinda bad overall.

But know this, if you are new there is no shame in playing on easy difficulty :P

I dunno, I just feel like the people you can recruit early on distinctly lack a tank so starting out with a tanky character would be much easier. I am making progress though, although whenever I have to fight more than a couple of people I end up restarting at 2 or 3 times.

Do it have jokes like Planescape : torment?

A few here and there, but I'm only a few hours in so far.

It doesn't. Why do you ask? Or is it just me thinking that it's natural for persona games to not have any DLC, only different re-releases? I guess P4 Arena had some DLC, but it doesn't count since it's fighting game.

Because I can only make PSN purchases from my US account and since Vita DLC is region locked and I will be buying the game from the Netherlands I won't be able to buy any DLC.