ChuSinGura 46+1 Kickstarter comes out of nowhere (with added Engrish and sketchyness)

Zenophilious

11 minutes ago, Kelebek1 said:
38 minutes ago, BookwormOtaku said:

On a less jokey note, what's the reading level for this game? I can say this whole thing has gotten me interested in trying out the game myself, provided it's not a difficult read.

The VN was fine though. Some parts of it can be difficult, specifically the parts about old-fashioned stuff, and there's quite a lot of "formal" talk. The letters Ooishi gets for instance were really hard to understand. There are interesting titbits included too if you're willing to wiki a bit, like how they integrated the characters into their real-life counterparts really well (lives and deaths especially). Or I remember one aprt about how they used to draw maps so east was at the top, instead of north being at the top, because they see Japan as being west to west, not north to south, and that followed into their map-making. I thought that was really interesting. So some extra reading on wiki can be a nice follow-on. Other than some specific hard parts though, the average level is really normal, not difficult.

This - The language is basically standard Japanese, with some 'classicisms' thrown in.  Think movie Shakespeare.  However, the subject matter is different.  The governmental structure, the political and familial relationships, etc, are all just assumed to be basically familiar to the reader.  Wiki reading can help a lot (I probably spent as much time on reading up on history as I did reading the story for the first 2-3 routes of the game), or you can just accept that you're missing stuff and go on.

As for this localization... They're either going to have to throw in tons of translator's notes (a small books worth), or gloss over a lot of detail for this to work.

1 hour ago, Kelebek1 said:

Didn't we establish it's the f2p mobile game, not the VN? So, it requires basically no reading level whatsoever.

It's the VN, according to them. They removed all references to the mobile game from the campaign page and have said that it will be the original PC version.

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

I'm actually upset people are backing this ... Kickstarter obviously has a chance of failing and the donators know that, but ... Come on! Look at the page at least! It's a complete mess!

Like, some dude seriously donated 300$....

Dear lord... Poor soul.

Tis only 1,700 dollars, hardly even noticeable *shrugs*

56 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I'm actually upset people are backing this ... Kickstarter obviously has a chance of failing and the donators know that, but ... Come on! Look at the page at least! It's a complete mess!

Like, some dude seriously donated 300$....

Dear lord... Poor soul.

They raised $1800 in what, the first 12hrs?  They'd have to maintain that pace for the entire duration to meet the funding goal.  Obviously that's not going to happen.

Just now, sanahtlig said:

They raised $1800 in what, the first 12hrs?  They'd have to maintain that pace for the entire duration to meet the funding goal.  Obviously that's not going to happen.

Yeah that's kind of what I meant. Guess I worded it strangely. This is obviously doomed to fail, and yet they pledge such large amounts :marie:

My point was that, when you pledge on kickstarter you know that it could end up failing.

But a simple glance at this should spell out "THIS WILL FAIL!" quite clearly :wahaha:

13 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Yeah that's kind of what I meant. Guess I worded it strangely. This is obviously doomed to fail, and yet they pledge such large amounts :marie:

My point was that, when you pledge on kickstarter you know that it could end up failing.

But a simple glance at this should spell out "THIS WILL FAIL!" quite clearly :wahaha:

If they know it's gonna fail, there's nothing stopping them from bidding high just in case. Yes, they're pretty idiotic to even back a Kickstarter like this, but they're not risking anything by bidding high amounts.

The video they have up on the Kickstarter page is 15 seconds long, and consists of part of the opening that abruptly cuts out and the ChuSinGura logo with the Kickstarter logo shopped onto it.   No fade-out, it cuts off at the worst possible time for the visuals, and there's no full video available.   This is the full opening they bastardized for no apparent reason.  All they seem to have done was shopped the Kickstarter logo in there.

43 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

The video they have up on the Kickstarter page is 15 seconds long, and consists of part of the opening that abruptly cuts out and the ChuSinGura logo with the Kickstarter logo shopped onto it.   No fade-out, it cuts off at the worst possible time for the visuals, and there's no full video available.   This is the full opening they bastardized for no apparent reason.  All they seem to have done was shopped the Kickstarter logo in there.

This video represents how much effort they put into the actual Kickstarter.

On 2016/4/16 at 7:32 PM, Zenophilious said:

It begins again.

Kill me, please.

... 'a historic dating-sim'...

*Clephas has gone beyond anger to exasperation*

Dating-sims involve dating....

Edit: It amazes me how stupid they have to be.  For one thing, calling a VN with no dating a dating sim... for another, acting as if moe were the primary issue.  Yet another is that they called it 'historically accurate', when it would be more appropriate to call it 'a relatively accurate outgrowth of the fictional portrayal of the historical events'.   There are just too many BS points in that Kickstarter...

well doing that kind of stuff is what making them look so bad in the first place (this is not going to get funded), clearly the people managing the campaign knows little to nothing about vns specially about the one that they are trying to get funded...seems like a joke but it's the truth :shrug:

2 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

well doing that kind of stuff is what making them look so bad in the first place (this is not going to get funded), clearly the people managing the campaign knows little to nothing about vns specially about the one that they are trying to get funded...seems like a joke but it's the truth :shrug:

It is way too amateurish.  To be honest, I'd support it if this was an established company (even Sekai Project), but Chuushingura is too much of a hurdle for a bunch of amateurs that write Engrish rather than English. 

Kickstarter update #1:
The Lord of Ako

Spoiler

For this update, we would like to exhibit the character of Asano Takuminokami in a little more in depth than just the character sheet. Takuminokami, otherwise known as the Lord Takuminokami of the Ako Domain, was a learned man, or rather a learned woman scholar like all samurai lords of the Edo era, and was well versed in poetry and ways of the heart. Perhaps her most famous poem, was her death poem. In which, if you search on wikipedia, you will see was about her final regret at not being able to experience more of spring. There is a scene in the first chapter of ChuShinGura46+1 S where Lord Takuminokami invites her servants to view the cherry blossoms. Here is a sample from that scene. *Note that translation is still under review and final translations may be different from what you read here.

Takuminokami ""Let us go to see the cherry blossoms after your duties!"" Isogai ""Cherry... blossoms?"" Takuminokami ""Indeed!"" Aguri ""That's a wonderful idea!"" Takuminokami ""Gengoemon? You should sing for us. Juurouzaemon, you should dance!"" Isogai ""Me…? Dance?"" Takuminokami ""Let's have Yasubee write in calligraphy."" Takuminokami ""Yasubee is talented in calligraphy... It'll be wonderful to have her write the poem I think of when I see the cherry blossoms.""

This scene is one of the team's personal favourite scenes in the chapter. Despite the stress Takuminokami is under at the time, the first thing her character is thinking of is rewarding her servants for helping her.

In the West, we often joke about our jobs pushing us so far that we want to murder the person responsible, but ChuShinGura explores what would happen if that were to actually occur. Soon after this scene, the Lord will meet with her fate, but it is one of the more memorable parts of the game where a relatively minor character gets serious character development devoted to her. It is one of the reasons this game has the reputation it has now, and one of the many reasons we want to bring it to the West.

9 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Watching this actually hurts....

A 9 year old working in Imovie can do a 10x better job. :vinty:

For the video, my comment would be that even Sekai was posting the opening without cut for Root Double (RD) back at their campaign, you know (And RD campaign was criticized heavily). Maybe after this blunder they'll post the opening without cut (Hopefully, but this should be common sense for the campaign). As for the campaign itself, well it's good that they gather around 4,500 I guess. But we still had 43 days to see if they success or fail though.