ChuSinGura 46+1 Kickstarter comes out of nowhere (with added Engrish and sketchyness)

Zenophilious

huh?

"ChuShingura46+1is a Moe visual novel

"We want to make an English version of the currently released Japanese version of Chushingura46+1 on the mobile playform."

again..huh?

Also "Downloadable copy of the voice pack for the game" so the novel doesn't include the voices or what O.o and they only have 250 limited stock for steam copies...so wtf

this looks very bad almost like some kind of scam no way I can back something like this.

8 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Never heard of the game. Looks interesting though. Good luck to them I guess :P 

Yeah, they'll need it.  No social media outreach so far, no Prefundia, they just made a website for themselves two weeks ago, the campaign page and tier list still blows, and the total they're asking for is unlikely to ever appear, IMO.  I doubt even SP could get that much anymore.  No fan TL, so not that many English readers know it exists, not new enough to have a lot of JP readers promoting it to English readers, and they've already made a decent amount of potential backers wary because of how crappy their page was when it launched.  It was probably going to be a hard sell before if nothing went wrong, but it'd take nothing short of a PR miracle and total restructuring of the tier list (and removal of that retarded $100 shipping cost) for it to even get close to passing its goal now, in my opinion.  They don't even have any stretch goals set up or anything...

ChuSingura is pretty popular in Japan but basically unknown around here - one of the main reasons probably being that the gatekeepers of the english communities don't really like it.

This KS looks like butt tho. They're getting so much bashing I almost feel bad for them.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/688648305/beastmaster-and-prince-flower-and-snow

"The underlying appeal of otome games is the story and phrases that reflect the character's charm and personality. Therefore, translation will be done by translators who have read over and understood the original Japanese version very well. By having someone who fully understands the character's personalities translate the final story and setting, it will ensure that the final product is something that we can be proud of. 
For this project we will have 3 qualified translators fully committed for 6 months to localizing the game.

Also, in order to promote Otome games we will utilize our social media outlets like OtomateWorld (facebook page) which has over 30,000 registered fans. We will continue to take on suggestions and feedback from Otome fans around the world to reflect upon on the game and for future projects. Improvements through feedback will also be reflected in this project, and we will continue to professionally localize titles."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/57909428/chusingura46-1-a-visual-novel-with-moe-samurai-gir

"The underlying appeal of otome games is the story and phrases that reflect the character's charm and personality. Therefore, translation will be done by translators who have read over and understood the original Japanese version very well. By having someone who fully understands the character's personalities translate the final story and setting, it will ensure that the final product is something that we can be proud of. 
For this project we will have 3 qualified translators fully committed for 6 months to localizing the game.

Also, in order to promote Otome games we will utilize our social media outlets like OtomateWorld (facebook page) which has over 30,000 registered fans. We will continue to take on suggestions and feedback from Otome fans around the world to reflect upon on the game and for future projects. Improvements through feedback will also be reflected in this project, and we will continue to professionally localize titles."

:ph34r::ph34r:

The act of using Kickstarter in itself is a huge new challenge for us.

You don't say?  :sachi:

19 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

The Kickstarter is a mess in terms of PR.

This is Root Double level of atrocious kickstaring, probably even worse. What a shame.

I'd argue that it's much, much worse.  At least Root Double didn't charge $100 for shipping and didn't have a campaign written in Engrish (before they cleaned it up) with utterly confusing tiers.  I spent $200 on the MuvLuv Kickstarter and the shipping cost $10  lmao

Holy shit, they forgot to add one of the heroines (the blonde one, Emoshichi Yatou) to the page.  This just gets better and better.

9 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

-snip-

Apparently it's just the same company using a different name, or something like that, to avoid getting crap for launching one Kickstarter with another one going.  I find the lack of effort they put in to hide that rather amusing.  Kinda defeats the point.

Awwww....I'm already happy about potential localization for my favorite VN, plz don't ruin this  ;_;

Also there's too many 'Moe' word in it, I get that the character is cute and all but hell ChuSinGura's heroine are actually much more than that :pyaa:

Seriously, throw the word 'Badass Heroine', 'Cool sword fight scene', 'BADASS MC' instead of spamming the word moe :vinty:

Even though the Page itself said that is not just a 'Gal Game' and 'Moe Game' it sure don't show it :rimu: 

At least this time they will ship it to anywhere this time.

In that otome kickstarter they have limited shipping that didn't even include Nordic countries. They luckily added Austria, El Salvador, Finland, Norway, South Africa, Sweden, Israel, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Denmark later to the list , but it still sucks.

2 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

You don't say?  :sachi:

I'd argue that it's much, much worse.  At least Root Double didn't charge $100 for shipping and didn't have a campaign written in Engrish (before they cleaned up) with utterly confusing tiers.  I spent $200 on the MuvLuv Kickstarter and the shipping cost $10  lmao

Holy shit, they forgot to add one of the heroines (the blonde one, Emoshichi Yatou) to the page.  This just gets better and better.

Apparently it's just the same company using a different name, or something like that, to avoid getting crap for launching one Kickstarter with another one going.  I find the lack of effort they put in to hide that rather amusing.  Kinda defeats the point.

Different companies but same translators Gloczus, Inc. They copy-pasted parts of the other ks campaign that is actually still active :miyako:

7 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Probably because Emoshichi is such a shit heroine :makina: 

16 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

Different companies but same translators Gloczus, Inc. They copy-pasted parts of the other ks campaign that is actually still active :miyako:

JAPAN CONTENT, INC's website   b2g studio Inc.'s site

Illuminati intensifies.

14 minutes ago, Jade said:

Probably because Emoshichi is such a shit heroine :makina: 

So is Michiru, but SP still put her on their Grisaia KS page  :illya:

Why even bother, when they don't give a shit giving us kickstarter of this quality, without even advertising it anywhere.

Well, advertising it might actually bring more harm than profit...

Now, they should just cancel this project, hire another company, promote this KS at AExpo with inre staff on-board, and of course properly announce it, and start new one with way better KS page and better PR staff in Sep-Oct~~ and ofc lower the goal to like 150k.

The best thing that can come of this, if they actually properly negotiated licensing with the license holders, is if once this fails someone who actually knows wtf they're doing comes along and picks up the license instead. It would be cool if this is a sign that inre are interested in the western market. Hopefully this enables them to find an actual competent partner.

24 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

It's a shame really - the actual VN looks interesting - too bad it looks like it's will be butchered.

I don't know if there's enough people willing to pledge money to a campaign with such a sketchy start. Never mind doubts about quality, I figured this had to be a scam when I first saw it. Still hoping it is, actually. Pretty sure this will just fail horribly.