Your favorite (male*) supporting characters

Ariurotl

Lists seem to be a thing today, and this area is still not covered. List your favorite weird friends / parents / relatives and similar side characters!

*NOTE: It says "male" in the title, but it's not intended to be gender-limiting. What I wanted to exclude was the usual "I wish this totally best girl had a route" stuff. Female characters are allowed as long as they're not in that category.

My personal favorites are:

Suginami from Da Capo, and from DC2 in particular, cause the DC2 incarnation is vastly superior to DC1. The dude is just too cool and funny. I'd totally buy and read a no-homo Suginami side story!

6096.jpg

Murakami from KiraKira. Is it even possible not to like the guy?

12954.jpg

Jack from Dengeki Stryker. I wish she had a route.

485.jpg

Akio (and Sanae, but she falls dangerously close to the MILF category) from Clannad. As far as I'm concerned, they're one of the few redeeming qualities of the VN, even though Akio's "route" sucked.

27942.jpg

...I totally forgot to include the ubercool dude on my avatar in the list, but that'd make it THREE Overdrive chars, which is a bit overkill. I do love their supporting characters in general (more than most heroines even). Weirdly, no matter who writes them, Overdrive VNs tend to have superb side characters.

/fanboymodeoff

Looking through my vndb, it seems like the only side characters I like are in Key games... hmm. Well, so be it.

- Totally agreed on Akio. Great character, with a decidedly sub-par side route. The voice actor behind Akio in the English dub of the anime totally nails the character, more so than the original Japanese voice actor, IMO.

- Kengo was all right. He had a lot more surprising character twists than any of his cohorts:

Kengo_Icon.png

- And last but most, Yoshino. Key is great at making male side characters who are looking out for and worried about the main character, but nobody does that better than Yoshino:

Yoshino_Profile.jpg

These threads never gets old :P 

Hmm, I´d say Midoriba from Shuffle. His jealousy towards Rin, hilarious comments and silly shenanigans makes him an awesome supporting character. My favorite Midoriba moment is the sincere way he asks: "Hey Rin, can I beat you up?" When Rin´s harem kicks in for real. Such a good friend :sachi: 

4742.jpg

Also, on that note, Mayumi is another awesome supporting character from Shuffle! (Mmm, Heterochromia..!)  

24322.jpg

Typically its the support-characters-that-should've-been-given-routes that are the best supports, Princess Evangile is a big offender of this, Tamie, Ruriko, according to Ceruleangamer Mitsuki's pretty hawt in the fandisc as well,

Cartagra's Toji

Can't think of a d00d support.

PFTTTTTT

FUCK MALES.

Mieze is a catgirl prostitute that I really really love, she has these small scenes where she talks about how shes getting treated and that she doesnt care about it even though everything about her life is horrible, I feel so much affection for this little neko everytime I talked to her in the game.

okay okay not fuck EVERY MALE, I found a male sidekick irritating enough to make this list in a trial I played recently 

Say hello to motherfucking Atsuta Natsuya I hope you dont hate people with catchphrases because this guy with his unparalleled enthusiasm and FUCKING ANNOYING ENGRISH CATCHPHRASES made me laugh but cry at the same time (I swear according to this guy then everything is fucking GREATO!!!!)